Berserk Saga Project News

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Wheres Wyald? I mean Waldo?
I'm not convinced that chart is a comprehensive look at all the characters. It might just be hitting the high notes. Though I admit, Erica and Silat's inclusion on the list strikes me as strange if that's the case...

Can we create a viral internet meme entitled "Wheres Wyald?" Maybe the studio will catch wind of it?

whereswyald.jpg

Aazealh said:
So, according to that chart: Silat's existence confirmed;
Aaaaaaaaaah *no emoticon can describe this feeling*
This is the best time to be a forever alone fangirl. Funny thing that I had a dream last night about him appearing on the big screen, damn, I'm a f*ckin' medium!!!
:ganishka:

But I agree, showing him and some of the others is strange (but since they made my day, I forgive them...)
*unnecessary childish happiness ends*
Damn, this doesn't make sense... But I think there's still chance for Gambino... Owen, Godot, and Foss aren't listed, but it'd be impossible to cut them out since they play major roles... (but if they did, they'd f*ck up the movie so much we'd attack the studio, right? lol)

frankencowx said:
Can we create a viral internet meme entitled "Wheres Wyald?" Maybe the studio will catch wind of it?
Ok, this was so funny I guess I can state now that this is one of the best days of my life :ganishka: I love you so much, SK.net

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
I don't think you can actively "create" a meme. At least, I don't have that button in Photoshop. But I'm working with an older version.

However, your play on words works better than you might know. Wyald's name when written out in katakana and sounded out is: WYA-RU-DO. Sorta like WA-L-DO.

Walter said:
I don't think you can actively "create" a meme. At least, I don't have that button in Photoshop. But I'm working with an older version.

Well if everytime one is denied something one wants, that person should ask wheres wyald? It won't take long before it becomes an unrelenting force.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Well if everytime one is denied something one wants, that person should ask wheres wyald? It won't take long before it becomes an unrelenting force.

Are you serious?

Cool chart! Character designs look good! It's great to see Silat, for sure! However, this Gambino issue is plaguing me! Has anyone asked Clara or the FB page about it? Anyhow, I just did cuz I'm tired of wondering... so I tweeted her and also on Facebook. I doubt I will get a response, but who knows?

(Perhaps someone that is part of the contest should tweet Clara the question as well...)

PS Comment on the FB wall post! Maybe the more comments / likes it get the more inclined they will feel to answer: https://www.facebook.com/pages/映画ベルセルク/197046067013453

DirectDK said:
PS Comment on the FB wall post! Maybe the more comments / likes it get the more inclined they will feel to answer: https://www.facebook.com/pages/映画ベルセルク/197046067013453
Sweet, done :guts:

Fearing reprimand, I'd like to ask if there is an English version of the same chart on the site?

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, Gambino appears in some flashbacks similar to how it was handled in the 90's series but instead of him talking, Gut's would just talk over it? Like he would think back to his childhood, then talk over scenes from his childhood, and there we could see Gambino but he would have no voice actor...Same with Donovan, I know the character himself is not listed but just thought it could be a possibility...

DirectDK said:
I am going to post on their wall as well.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Lord Leith said:
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, Gambino appears in some flashbacks similar to how it was handled in the 90's series but instead of him talking, Guts would just talk over it? Like he would think back to his childhood, then talk over scenes from his childhood, and there we could see Gambino but he would have no voice actor...Same with Donovan, I know the character himself is not listed but just thought it could be a possibility...

What difference would that make though? Them appearing in some perfunctory fashion as a technicality isn't the point.

I think Gambino's appearance in the movie is still possible, and we cannot state that the opposite is confirmed... We still didn't see Owen, Foss etc. but I just cannot imagine how they'd alter the storyline if they left them out...
Eg. it's true that we saw pictures of Casca's and Griffith's childhood on the top of the site, and nothing about Guts', but I think it's only because there's no suitable scene in that part which'd make a nice picture like those.
Also, the character page... It seems like to me that they're showing infos about the more popular characters to make fans excited (which worked well in case of me, since I'm still ridiculously happy about Silat :ganishka: ) I doubt that there are any Gambino fans on this planet... I know that he's very important for serious fans like most of us here on this forum, but I suggest that most of the japanese audience is not like this.

By the way, can I ask if someone could translate the character infos, please? :farnese: That'd help a lot...
I started to learn japanese only because of the movie, but I only know a few hiraganas yet which is not enough :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gillia said:
Eg. it's true that we saw pictures of Casca's and Griffith's childhood on the top of the site, and nothing about Guts', but I think it's only because there's no suitable scene in that part which'd make a nice picture like those.

You think wrong.

Gillia said:
Also, the character page... It seems like to me that they're showing infos about the more popular characters to make fans excited (which worked well in case of me, since I'm still ridiculously happy about Silat :ganishka: ) I doubt that there are any Gambino fans on this planet...

You don't know what you're talking about.

When I saw that "Last post by Aazealh on Today", I already knew that I must prepare for it... :ganishka:
Aazealh said:
You think wrong.
Explain, why, please.
Aazealh said:
You don't know what you're talking about.
I do. But I may be wrong because I'm a human, and humans make mistakes, sorry. I'm just trying to save poor Gambino :ganishka:
Also I lack some information since I have no idea what the japanese texts are about... I recognised some "n" katakanas, but it doesn't help me...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gillia said:
Explain, why, please.

Why? Because there are plenty of scenes fit for a "nice picture" during Guts' childhood, far more than there are during Casca and Griffith's childhoods as a matter of fact. It's really quite obvious and saying otherwise feels like you didn't even think for a second about it.

Gillia said:
I do. But I may be wrong because I'm a human, and humans make mistakes, sorry. I'm just trying to save poor Gambino :ganishka:
Also I lack some information since I have no idea what the japanese texts are about... I recognised some "n" katakanas, but it doesn't help me...

No you don't, and that's not just because you can't read Japanese. You're talking out of your ass. "They're showing infos about the more popular characters"? What? No, they're not. They're showing characters who either will be featured in the movie or will be in the next one(s), classifying them by factions. It's not an exhaustive list, but it's got little to do with popularity. Some unnamed Tudor captain who gets killed within 10 pages of his introduction is not a popular character, yet he's listed there alongside Boscone, Gennon and Adon. And I could tell you why Gambino's easily as popular if not more than other characters in there, but the point here is that your "popularity" angle is completely groundless in the first place. Nor do you have any idea what the Japanese fans like or want.

Lastly, I don't see how dissing the character is "trying to save him".

Aazealh said:
Why? Because there are plenty of scenes fit for a "nice picture" during Guts' childhood, far more than there are during Casca and Griffith's childhoods as a matter of fact.
Show me one, because actually I was thinking about it for a while, and I couldn't come up with anything that looks cool, but also simple and misterious at the same time, like the other pictures.
Aazealh said:
You're talking out of your ass.
I didn't know that this expression exists in English, but it sounds waay funnier in my language :ganishka:
Aazealh said:
They're showing characters who either will be featured in the movie or will be in the next one(s), classifying them by factions.
Is it stated that these are all of the characters of the movie, and those who aren't mentioned there won't be featured in it at all? If not, I think we still have some chance for Gambino...
Aazealh said:
Some unnamed Tudor captain who gets killed within 10 pages of his introduction is not a popular character, yet he's listed there alongside Boscone, Gennon and Adon.
According to the commercials, the Doldrey battle will be the movie's main part, right? This makes the Tudor enemies the main enemies of this movie. I think they even can get replaced on this chart when the next movie arrives.

By the way, I think I see some logic in the decision of which characters should be featured on the chart, but I agree that there are also very weird and worrying things that I simply don't understand...
Like, is Foss mentioned anywhere?
Aazealh said:
Nor do you have any idea what the Japanese fans like or want.
How do you know? :carcus: Actually, I only have a very little idea about it :ganishka: Only thing I know that they're surrounded with awesome mangas, so I don't think that most of them would spend as much time with Berserk as we do, for most of them it's just one of the usual animes...
Aazealh said:
Lastly, I don't see how dissing the character is "trying to save him".
When did I say anything wrong about him? :judo:

Other thing I cannot imagine is that how the movie will start? If there's no Blackswordsman part, then OK, they're going chronologically from Guts' birth... But if no childhood, then...?

I'm really looking for the movie now to see how this'll end up...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gillia said:
Show me one, because actually I was thinking about it for a while, and I couldn't come up with anything that looks cool, but also simple and misterious at the same time, like the other pictures.

guts-childhood3.jpg
guts-childhood1.jpg
guts-childhood2.jpg

guts-childhood4.jpg
guts-childhood5.jpg

According to the commercials, the Doldrey battle will be the movie's main part, right? This makes the Tudor enemies the main enemies of this movie. I think they even can get replaced on this chart when the next movie arrives.
What makes you think this chart will exist by the next movie?

Like, is Foss mentioned anywhere?How do you know?
Wait, you're more concerned about Foss than Gambino?

Only thing I know that they're surrounded with awesome mangas, so I don't think that most of them would spend as much time with Berserk as we do, for most of them it's just one of the usual animes..
Berserk is regularly the best selling manga in the months that it's released. It's not "just one of the usual animes."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gillia said:

Read the manga?

Gillia said:
Is it stated that these are all of the characters of the movie, and those who aren't mentioned there won't be featured in it at all? If not, I think we still have some chance for Gambino...

It's pretty clearly not exhaustive, like I told you. But that's not a reason to be hopeful.

Gillia said:

Jeez, haven't you been reading the thread? No way in hell will the Doldrey battle be featured in the first movie. You see? You really don't know what you're talking about. No hard feelings.

Gillia said:
How do you know? :carcus: Actually, I only have a very little idea about it :ganishka: Only thing I know that they're surrounded with awesome mangas, so I don't think that most of them would spend as much time with Berserk as we do, for most of them it's just one of the usual animes...

Why am I even wasting my time with you... :schierke:

Gillia said:
If there's no Blackswordsman part, then OK, they're going chronologically from Guts' birth... But if no childhood, then...?

This has already been covered. Just read the thread.

Gillia said:
Only thing I know that they're surrounded with awesome mangas, so I don't think that most of them would spend as much time with Berserk as we do, for most of them it's just one of the usual animes...
It was already mentioned by Walter , but check these threads out.
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12043.0
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=545.0

Walter said:
Wait, you're more concerned about Foss than Gambino?
No, I just said another example.
Aazealh said:
Jeez, haven't you been reading the thread? No way in hell will the Doldrey battle be featured in the first movie. You see? You really don't know what you're talking about. No hard feelings.
This has already been covered. Just read the thread.
F*ck my memory, worse than a goldfish's... I'm gonna reread the thread, also the manga, I think it's time... :farnese:
And about Gambino... I think, I was in the "refuse" status, but now I went to "acceptance"...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Clara posted this image just now: http://t.co/ulFxqQ4q

It looks like a promotional brochure showing the basic overview of all three movies. Of note is which scenes are included in each movie:

beserk-moviebreakdown.jpg

It gives us an indication of generally how it'll be broken down. Most interesting to me is what it implies about the third movie. If the second movie truly ends with the duel in the snow, then movie 3 is going to be a real cluster fuck...

too bad the pic is low quality. Yeah Walter you're right so the 3rd movie starts after duel with Griffith's rescue then Bakiraka then Wyald (if no cut?) then Eclipse.. Helluva action movie :carcus:

That brochure reminds me of that thing one voice actress posted on her blog:
http://ameblo.jp/abitostretto-e-mazzolino/image-11106386706-11668718280.html
http://ameblo.jp/abitostretto-e-mazzolino/image-11106386706-11668718285.html

even though it doesn't look too alike.

Top Bottom