Berserk Saga Project News

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
voodoo_sh said:
so the 3rd movie starts after duel with Griffith's rescue then Bakiraka then Wyald (if no cut?) then Eclipse.. Helluva action movie :carcus:

No, it would start with Guts meeting the Skull Knight, Griffith taking Charlotte's virginity, getting arrested (and later on tortured), the Band of the Falcon being decimated. Then cut to a year later, Guts encountering Silat and thwarting his attack on the weakened Band of the Falcon (meanwhile, Griffith's loss of sanity while imprisoned), revealing his feelings to Casca and vice versa, and THEN, rescuing Griffith. So indeed, it would be packed with content compared to the first two movies. That is, unless they remove some of it.

At least 'Descent' will have that 110 minute runtime. I'm sure that will be enough time to cover everything....ha.

Also, the CD single for Susumu Hirasawa's 'Aria' will be up for sale on February 4th to coincide with the release of the film. I would imagine it will be available for purchase off of his Teslakite online shop but a link for the single has not been added yet. This will also be Hiraswa's first single release since 'Berserk ~Forces~' was released in 1997. No word yet on a release of Shiro Sagisu's soundtrack for the film but I imagine we'll be hearing about that soon.

Again, the music is probably what I am looking forward to most in the new films.

Any news on the song from AI? (i thought the englisch translation was beautifull kimono?????) Or will that also be released alongside Susumu Hirasawa's song? :p

I may be wrong since I'm just going with Google Translate, but it seems that they showed a pre-screening of the movie to some folks in Japan? There have been a lot of tweets at Clara telling their thoughts. From what I can tell, they all seem very favorable, but I cannot be sure... Anyone care to enlighten us?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
DirectDK said:
I may be wrong since I'm just going with Google Translate, but it seems that they showed a pre-screening of the movie to some folks in Japan? There have been a lot of tweets at Clara telling their thoughts. From what I can tell, they all seem very favorable, but I cannot be sure... Anyone care to enlighten us?

We can be sure she wouldn't share comments like, "This cheap bastardization is a steaming pile of shit!" So, yeah, probably all positive. =)

Griffith said:
We can be sure she wouldn't share comments like, "This cheap bastardization is a steaming pile of shit!" So, yeah, probably all positive. =)

LOLOL! Well, I don't think Clara can monitor / censor what other people tweet. But, anyhow, I've been looking at the #berserkfilm tweets too and those are totally fair game. Here are some of them:

kariganeW ぱんだ。:シルクウール100%(´A`)
試写会見てきたよ!最前列ど真ん中v80分くらいだけどあっちゅーま。続き続きーーっ!ってなった。最初の入り方とか合戦は鳥肌でた。原作ファン納得のできかと。今度は劇場の後方からゆっくり見たいな bit.ly/qQahSK #berserkfilm

kariganeW Panda. Silk Wool 100% ('A `)
I've seen preview! But Yu's over there or over the middle quartile v80 front. Tsu continued over more over! What was. I first went into battle Toka goose bumps. Fans can be convincing and original. Now slowly from the back of the theater like bit.ly / Qqahsk # Berserkfilm

nagaotoshiyasu 永尾 寿 
日本最速試写会『ベルセルク黄金時代篇I 覇王の卵』を鑑賞しましたが、もちろん劇場へも足をはこびます。三部作との事で、変に編集することなく映画ならではの臨場感があります。4°C ですね!! #berserkfilm bit.ly/qQahSK #berserkfilm

nagaotoshiyasu Nagao, Hisashi 
Fastest Japanese sneak preview "golden age hen eggs I Overlord Berserk" I appreciate, of course, the theater also carries the leg. In the trilogy and it has a unique presence in the film changes without editing. It is 4 ° C! ! # Berserkfilm bit.ly / Qqahsk # Berserkfilm

odaoda1966 オダオダ
劇場版ベルセルク日本最速試写会に参戦しました。テンポの良いストーリー展開と圧巻の戦闘シーンで80分があっという間でした。残念だったのは最後のエンドクレジットで自分のツイッターIDを発見できなかった事です。(笑) bit.ly/qQahSK #berserkfilm

odaoda1966 Odaoda
Japan has participated in the fastest Berserk Movie preview. Attoiu間was 80 minutes of spectacular fight scenes and good storyline tempo. The pity is it could not find my twitter ID in the final end credits. (Laughs) bit.ly / Qqahsk # Berserkfilm

And so forth.

Update: this guy seems to be saying a lot about the movie (CG, voice actors, maybe even pacing? I can't quite tell): https://twitter.com/cigarello

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
DirectDK said:
LOLOL! Well, I don't think Clara can monitor / censor what other people tweet.

My bad, I thought she was retweeting them or something. It's nice to know it has 80 minutes of fight scenes with good story tempo. =) Kidding aside, one sounds like its complimentary of the film's approach to changes as opposed to cuts. We'll see.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
My bad, I thought she was retweeting them or something. It's nice to know it has 80 minutes of fight scenes with good story tempo. =) Kidding aside, one sounds like its complimentary of the film's approach to changes as opposed to cuts. We'll see.
She IS retweeting them. I think DK must have been confused about what you meant. But I got it. And you're right, she has no incentive to retweet anything that's critical of the project. She's part of their marketing arm.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
Clara has just post on twitter a interview of Kubooka Toshiyuki:

http://rikunabi-next.yahoo.co.jp/tech/docs/ct_s04510.jsp?p=berserk&__m=1&vos=nynmyaj110214

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
voodoo_sh said:
Eh, everything is on Japanese. If its Warner Brothers why would not they marketed the movie for the rest of the world, not only for Japan ?
Probably because they're focused on making the Japanese launch a success. After that they'll set dates for international releases (and likely determine the scope of the overseas release), before they begin marketing in other countries.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
Walter said:
Probably because they're focused on making the Japanese launch a success. After that they'll set dates for international releases (and likely determine the scope of the overseas release), before they begin marketing in other countries.

I'm not sure of that, This is not the first time we see Warner Bros take part in a film of Japanese Anime. They have already partcipants for Fate Stay night UVW and Appleseed Ex Machina and there has never been out of North America and Europe. Finally, I hope to see a North American for the movie. In addition, this does not help, the Japanese are not interested in output international for their films.

The best is waiting for a company licenses that and they come in blue-ray

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow8 said:
I'm not sure of that, This is not the first time we see Warner Bros take part in a film of Japanese Anime. They have already partcipants for Fate Stay night UVW and Appleseed Ex Machina and there has never been out of North America and Europe.
Warner Bros.' involvement in Appleseed wasn't the same as it is for the Berserk Saga. To begin with, Appleseed was never pitched as an international release from the outset. But furthermore, WB didn't get involved with Appleseed until they snatched up the international distribution rights (for home video) just before the theatrical release. They weren't financially motivated to promote the movie before that time. Berserk is different. WB is the official distributor of the films, so it has a direct stake in its success, which is why I think we'll see some marketing from their end after the Japanese release of the film.

They're probably just waiting to see how well it does in Japan, after which they can make more concrete plans about which countries they'll choose to air it in. If it's a massive success, it could get a wider launch. And vice-versa if it's a flop.

Finally, I hope to see a North American for the movie.
It's inevitable at this point, unless the movie makes negative dollars in Japan. And even then, they've already said it'll be an international release so...

In addition, this does not help, the Japanese are not interested in output international for their films.
Not sure what you mean by this, but it sort of sounds like nonsense to me. Hundreds of movies are exported from Japan each year.

Okay, now with like hundreds of tweets about the movie, I tried searching "ガンビーノ" (Gambino) in twitter and i found a few posts. Check them out yourself.

https://twitter.com/search/ガンビーノ

One in particular...

soze_haryu かいざーそぜ
ストーリーは全体的に「序章」という感じでした 終わったときは「もう終わり!?続きはよ!!」と焦ってしまった あとガッツ幼少期のガンビーノとの顛末を入れないと物語的にスカスカの予感・・・なので、次回以降に期待したい bit.ly/qQahSK #berserkfilm

soze_haryu Let pinch or its over
The whole story, "Prologue" was felt when it is finished "end already?'ll Continue!" Of the story to put Sukasuka顛末Gambino childhood and you have already impatient and Guts So hunch, I look forward to future bit.ly / Qqahsk # Berserkfilm

Can anyone translate this for real? Thanks!

PS I just tweeted 7 of the people that have seen the preview, and asked them in google-translated-japanese, "Is Gambino in the movie?" Will update you if I get a response.

Also, some interesting reviews:

bebe_twt bebe
ゾッドはCGだと思うんだけど、まったく違和感なし。ものすごい迫力。あの巨体で暴れまくる。あらためてゾッドを恐ろしいと感じた。第3部の蝕が楽しみ。 bit.ly/qQahSK #berserkfilm

Bebe_Twt Bebe
I think I'm Zoddo CG, no discomfort at all. Tremendous force. That ramp in bulk. Zoddo again felt scary. Enjoy the eclipse of the third. bit.ly / Qqahsk # Berserkfilm

bebe_twt bebe
オープニングのAriaは平沢節全開でニヤリ。今回はSignのような耳コピは難しそう。ベルセルク全編を映像化するんだという意気込みが伝わってくるオープニングです。 bit.ly/qQahSK #berserkfilm

Aria grinning at full throttle opening section of Pyeongtaek. Sign by ear like this is difficult. The enthusiasm that comes through opening've got to visualize the full-length Berserk. bit.ly / Qqahsk # Berserkfilm

umasima シマウマ
一抹の不安を感じていたガッツ役の岩永洋昭さんのお芝居…声優としての「技量」では、他の声優陣と比べ遅れはあるモノの「情感」という部分では、他の声優陣と同等である…と、私的には強く感じました。素人の俺が言うのも烏滸がましい限りですが(苦) #berserkfilm

Play for San H. Iwanaga of the role of Guts was feeling a shade of anxiety ... as the voice "talent" in the delayed compared with actors other person in a "feeling" part that is equivalent to actors other ... and some in private strongly felt. Is also absurd to say that as far as I lay (h) # Berserkfilm

I ckecked out the search results, also in google translator... And they didn't really made sense :ganishka: I still cannot decide if Gambino was in the movie or not, but unfortunately, it seems more like he wasn't... :sad:
DirectDK said:
Can anyone translate this for real? Thanks!
Not only that one, but a brief summary of the important information from them would be very good... I hope I'm not asking for too much, I'm just really interested in them :farnese:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Based on that one tweet, it sounds like there is a brief prologue that might feature Guts' childhood. While it's not much, if it's confirmed, it's more than I'd hoped for.

I really wish I could see the entire film and judge what was in it (or not in it) already! :mozgus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserk_lowest1.jpg

Yep, all my fears were true. :sad:

There may be some good news soon though. Will post it as soon as it's confirmed.

A new video is posted:

http://youtu.be/9X1yiVvdyTs?hd=1

Looks like the scenes are again wrong? I think it looks more like guts first mission with the hawks, purely looking to the background... That was the first thing that came to mind

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
A new video is posted:

http://youtu.be/9X1yiVvdyTs?hd=1

Looks like the scenes are again wrong? I think it looks more like guts first mission with the hawks, purely looking to the background... That was the first thing that came to mind
This scene is of the Hawks outside the fortress where inside, Guts is battling Zodd. It's made quite clear. They're talking about Zodd, and how he's killed hundreds of people, etc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Request anyone to please translate the dialogue from those scenes.
It's nothing special. We all know these scenes. Same shit we've been hearing for years.

Top Bottom