Charlotte
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAS44bcn05Y

Rickert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0r-iTgxhcg

Zodd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToPJ0hhRFg

Judo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X1yiVvdyTs

I'm quite pleased with the character designs in all these videos. In fact, I really like the way Casca looks. The Zodd voice actor seems pretty entertaining and a good fit. And that Zodd clip was fun to watch =). I'm not too crazy about the music that I've been hearing in all of these cast interview clips, but I have a feeling they just threw in some music in there to add some ambience to these short clips. I'm thinking the music placement will feel better in the final cut!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Damn, I really like that Zodd one. And the guy who is doing his voice looks pretty cool. I'm getting excited for this. Thx for the link Direct!

Charlotte was great too imo.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Zodd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToPJ0hhRFg
Very interesting how they approached the fog that emits from apostles during transformation. It's a little more abrupt than I pictured it in my head.

Another thing in that video...

falcon-crest2.jpg

A new variation of the insignia! Collect them all! :ganishka: This new variation looks a lot like the Rebel Alliance insignia.

So someone replied to my tweet question about Gambino, but I don't quite understand! But here is what he said:

cigarello そうすけ
@directdk  We can't see Gunbino and Donoban in other scene. this movie has not Guts's childhood. :(  thank you. ;)
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»

cigarello そうすけ
@directdk We will see Gumbino and Donoban in Guts's dream when he sleep after the fight with Griffith for join The Hawks.

So he said two things, but they sorta contradict each other... I'm asking him again!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
Very interesting how they approached the fog that emits from apostles during transformation. It's a little more abrupt than I pictured it in my head.
Yea that was way faster than I've ever imagined it. I remember in the old anime thinking it was cool that there's fog in the air, like that's something that happens when an apostle transforms. I never expected it to shoot out like that. Makes Ganishka seem a little less special. :troll:

Here we go.

cigarello そうすけ
@directdk I hope that you enjoy this movie. I'm sorry in my clumsy English. X( thank you. =)
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

cigarello そうすけ
@directdk "Yes." We can see Gunbino. but It scene is not in the Guts's childhood.
4 minutes ago

So... what is your take on this???

cigarello そうすけ
@directdk We will see Gumbino and Donoban in Guts's dream when he sleep after the fight with Griffith for join The Hawks.
cigarello そうすけ
@directdk "Yes." We can see Gunbino. but It scene is not in the Guts's childhood.
4 minutes ago
Maybe Guts has a nightmare in one scene where we get a glimpse of Gambino. It's in the manga too, i don't remember the exact episode (it's in vol. 4 i think) but Guts has this dream where Gambino has an almost severed head and Guts is holding his foot, maybe it's that.

It was funny to see how Zodd's seiyu screams when Guts cuts him with his sword :ganishka:
Zodd's seiyu is overall very hilarious
Charlotte's seiyu is quite fun too

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, I'm really not a fan of Carcus' voice...

Walter said:
http://skullknight.net/images/berserk_lowest1.jpg

Yep, all my fears were true. :sad:

There may be some good news soon though. Will post it as soon as it's confirmed.

It's BURGER TIME! :schierke:

Walter said:

Yeah it's not very well done. The transformation itself could be better, too. Some parts look alright and at other times it's clumsy. The scene in general seems nice enough though.

DirectDK said:
So... what is your take on this???

The guy doesn't contradict himself. Basically, Guts' childhood will be briefly covered during the nightmare Guts has when he first meets Griffith and is badly wounded by him, then is kept warm by Casca during the night. It's nice that both Gambino & Donovan will be featured, but I wonder what it'll be like. Just the original nightmare scene without having all the background info on Guts' childhood would be confusing, so I imagine they'll modify to reach a compromise. Better than nothing I guess?

Walter said:
:magni:
edit: I just realised that the name of the jpg file is "berserk lowest", and I laughed so hard.

And the seiyuus... Zodd is cool, Charlotte is a bit annoying but that was expected, but I really don't like Rickert's VA. It's not a problem if a woman plays a boy, but her voice is even high for a girl, and not really talks like a boy... But I think I'll get used to it...

One other response to me via twitter, this guy wrote to me in English:

umasima シマウマ
@directdk  Gambino appears only in one scene as production of a movie. There is no tale of Gambino and Guts. BERSERK movie is interesting.

I don't understand what he means by "production of a movie" but nevertheless, I guess it's pretty clear, there is no real segment of Gut's childhood in the film. Great that we will at least see Gambino and Donovan (really curious to know if they will even imply anything with Guts and Donovan), but sadly, no true flashback to childhood. Maybe somewhere down the line, they will cover more of it though. I mean... it's Gut's childhood. People with no Berserk experience will want to know how Guts became the way he is. There MUST be a childhood flashback at some point within these 3 movies, or the anime that follows. There MUST! :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
... I guess it's pretty clear, there is no real segment of Guts childhood in the film. Great that we will at least see Gambino and Donovan (really curious to know if they will even imply anything with Guts and Donovan), but sadly, no true flashback to childhood.
It's not dissimilar to how the anime series handled the scenes with Gambino. And I remember that stuff feeling extremely disjointed and disorienting until I read the original. All the stupid time cutting and flashbacks just confuses things, adding nothing but time compression.

However, while this scenario is a far cry from ideal, but it's honestly more than I expected. Any Gambino is more welcome than no Gambino, though we shouldn't have to be making that kind of trade-off for a project that purports itself to be true to the series.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Edi said:
Who bought it?

They haven't been released yet. It starts on Jan 24, remember?

DirectDK said:
Maybe somewhere down the line, they will cover more of it though. I mean... it's Guts childhood. People with no Berserk experience will want to know how Guts became the way he is. There MUST be a childhood flashback at some point within these 3 movies, or the anime that follows. There MUST! :void:

It doesn't matter if there's a "flashback" (the entire Golden Age arc is a flashback) showing Guts' childhood "at some point". Said childhood is referenced multiple times during the arc (and directly more than once) and not having it before completely denatures a lot of scenes and themes.

Edi

Sorry for my bad English...
Edi said:
Aazealh said:
They haven't been released yet. It starts on Jan 24, remember?
Not Young Animal Remix... You clicked on a link?

This is e-book. "一気読み!『ベルセルク』スペシャル編集版"

When I click buy - displays the error: "クレジットカード情報登録/更新失敗:クレジットカード情報が登録できません。登録内容をご確認下さい。" :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Edi said:
Not Young Animal Remix... You clicked on a link?

This is e-book. "一気読み!『ベルセルク』スペシャル編集版"

I did, but it looks like the same deal to me. Anyway, you need their custom app to get the books. But since this thread isn't a hotline, why don't you go ahead and figure the rest out by yourself? Thanks.

If there's limited time dedicated to Guts' childhood in this film with it only shortly being referenced in a dream during Casca keeping his body warm. We can hope that more of it will be covered in a further flashback during the moment they have sex before going to rescue Griffith, as Guts is reminded of being raped by Donnovan. I can see the third film being VERY dramatic and action packed, I'm looking forward to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
If there's limited time dedicated to Guts' childhood in this film with it only shortly being referenced in a dream during Casca keeping his body warm. We can hope that more of it will be covered in a further flashback during the moment they have sex before going to rescue Griffith, as Guts is reminded of being raped by Donnovan. I can see the third film being VERY dramatic and action packed, I'm looking forward to it.
Many people have already expressed this belief, but it's intrinsically flawed. Here's Aaz' take:

Aazealh said:
It doesn't matter if there's a "flashback" (the entire Golden Age arc is a flashback) showing Guts' childhood "at some point". Said childhood is referenced multiple times during the arc (and directly more than once) and not having it before completely denatures a lot of scenes and themes.

Walter said:
Many people have already expressed this belief, but it's intrinsically flawed. Here's Aaz' take:

Oh, that's agreed. It would definitely be preferable to have it corresponding to the original placement of said scenes relative to the manga, but if they can place it in later on, it's better than not at all.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
JezzaX said:
Oh, that's agreed. It would definitely be preferable to have it corresponding to the original placement of said scenes relative to the manga, but if they can place it in later on, it's better than not at all.

I'm not so sure. Lots of great storytelling are filled with foreshadowing and references. To forgo all of that and just cram information into the movie on a "need-to-know" basis sounds harmful. I can't decide if that's worse than just salvaging what is left in the most faithful way possible. (As I type that, I shake my head. Why couldn't the whole damn thing just be left untouched?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
(As I type that, I shake my head. Why couldn't the whole damn thing just be left untouched?)

berserk-lowest2.jpg

Franchising opportunities. This, my friends, is more depressing than if Miura announced a five year break. This is the lowest point in the history of Berserk. Guts and Griffith munching on snacks. For cash. On the fields of Naboo.

Top Bottom