Berserk Saga Project News

Walter said:
Franchising opportunities. This, my friends, is more depressing than if Miura announced a five year break. This is the lowest point in the history of Berserk. Guts and Griffith munching on snacks. For cash. On the fields of Naboo.

Well, as anyone can expect, all anime adaptations of any popular manga are in the end really just cross-promotional ventures. And the new Berserk anime, just as it was with the '97 TV series, it is no exception. We just never expected it turning out to be so utterly crass and contemptuously self-cannibalizing like this :sad:

But what makes this even more depressing, is the fact that Miura is actually dedicating his time for this miserable excuse for an "adaptation". He'll be drawing all kinds of promo arts and sketches, which in turn will be eating into the time that he would have otherwise spent working on future Berserk episodes :femto:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
But what makes this even more depressing, is the fact that Miura is actually dedicating his time for this miserable excuse for an "adaptation". He'll be drawing all kinds of promo arts and sketches, which in turn will be eating into the time that he would have otherwise spent working on future Berserk episodes :femto:
We don't know the extent of his involvement. There's no reason to assume that he's doing all the things you suggest.

I was hoping that earlier smaller low res image posted was a fake and now your post makes it clear Walter, thanks for sharing. That's ... just ... weird to see them like that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
IncantatioN said:
I was hoping that earlier smaller low res image posted was a fake and now your post makes it clear Walter, thanks for sharing. That's ... just ... weird to see them like that.

At least they're staying true to the characters! Guts with a hearty hamburger and Griffith washing down a beverage! Maybe it's a cool Pulp Fiction reference, or Griffith's drinking your milkshake, There Will Be Blood style?

Or, I'm just crying on the inside.

P.S. God, that look on Guts' face. This whoring out is a worse betrayal than Gambino's.

P.P.S. For the reference of future fans, that's a character from the manga and "classic" anime. The manga is what Berserk started as before reaching its full potential as a marketing tool.

P.P.P.S. I just had to go and edit my post, didn't I?

Walter said:
http://skullknight.net/images/berserk-lowest2.jpg
Oh, God, it was also posted on their Facebook :magni: I feel like I was punched in the face with this picture three times.

Damn, at least they could sit in a pub or something, but no, they're eating fast food in the middle of nowhere, dressed in their armors for battle... But I guess, nothing could help this picture and make it less horrible...

By the way, these kind of things make me think that Japanese don't take Berserk seriously...

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
P.P.S. For the reference of future fans, that's a character from the manga and "classic" anime. The manga is what Berserk started as before reaching its full potential as a marketing tool.

Hehe, I just got nostalgic reading that. Going back to freshman year of high school.

I don't even want this anymore :sad: Just makes me sad.

I'm willing to deny that picture of Griffith and Guts advertising fast food officially exists, in my head. I'm just going to pass it off as an attempt at humorous fan art from now on and ban it from my brain.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I don't think that that advertisement is all that bad. Once you've seen Void baking muffins and Skullknight riding a tricycle, this does not seem so bad. :troll:

Advertising will help sale tickets. If you guys are so upset about some burger advertising, then what will you do when they come out with Guts and Griffith PEZ dispensers? or God Hand Flakes Cereal? That sounds pretty good actually. :daiba:

The radio thing was a bit silly too, but at least they are trying to get people's attention.

The only thing I will get upset about is the cutting of entire segments from the manga (or alteration such as Guts' sword during the assassination). Would you guys feel a little less upset if they never stated 100% faithful-ness?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Ads are a part of promotion, and I think the guys at marketing could have come up with something better than this. Even if it wasn't announced that it was going to be or not 100% faithful, there was hope they could make a decent story,since we all knew there is no way they were going to include every single part of the manga.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Th3Branded0ne said:
Ads are a part of promotion, and I think the guys at marketing could have come up with something better than this.
You're right. A burger advertisement makes Berserk look kiddish and really makes me think of Optimus Prime advertising a Whopper. Smarter advertising choices would be good unless they decide to make this movie PG-13 somehow. That would be a true horror.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
Would you guys feel a little less upset if they never stated 100% faithful-ness?

Wouldn't change anything for me. Faithfulness is what I'd naturally expect from it.

Walter said:
Franchising opportunities. This, my friends, is more depressing than if Miura announced a five year break. This is the lowest point in the history of Berserk. Guts and Griffith munching on snacks. For cash. On the fields of Naboo.

I second that!
The other flyer with Guts cheerful face left me more or less the same feeling...

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Ah so I wasn't too far off from the appearance of Donovan and Gambino, about them showing up in some flashback, (or Nightmare), but just not really having much lines.

I'm getting more and more hyped, but I am curious over something, is there a picture of the sword Guts is apparently gonna use for the assassination? I also agree, he shouldn't change swords, but to what degree is this change?

Lord Leith said:
Ah so I wasn't too far off from the appearance of Donovan and Gambino, about them showing up in some flashback, (or Nightmare), but just not really having much lines.

I'm getting more and more hyped, but I am curious over something, is there a picture of the sword Guts is apparently gonna use for the assassination? I also agree, he shouldn't change swords, but to what degree is this change?

Hello, Leith.

If you review the trailer at this specific moment 1:20 into the trailer: http://youtu.be/WF3OP3f2I10?t=1m20s you can see Guts using a blade that is of a much different anatomy than his sword he is never without. Also, you can see a veil being worn over his face, which is very realistic if you are a good assassin, but Guts was not. If I understand it correctly, the reason Guts' assassination did not go so smoothly in the manga was because he was not skilled at this sort of thing.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I don't know, but i don't feel "hyped" about this movie at all (i was at some point, when it was announced). It just seems to me that it's going to be a disgrace.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Handmade_lion said:
Hello, Leith.

If you review the trailer at this specific moment 1:20 into the trailer: http://youtu.be/WF3OP3f2I10?t=1m20s you can see Guts using a blade that is of a much different anatomy than his sword he is never without. Also, you can see a veil being worn over his face, which is very realistic if you are a good assassin, but Guts was not. If I understand it correctly, the reason Guts' assassination did not go so smoothly in the manga was because he was not skilled at this sort of thing.

Ahhhh I see, hmm, that is pretty stupid, but at least things could be much worse.

NightCrawler said:
I don't know, but i don't feel "hyped" about this movie at all (i was at some point, when it was announced). It just seems to me that it's going to be a disgrace.

A disgrace? Isn't that a bit harsh? I can see why it could be bad, but not awful, to me personally at least it looks good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Handmade_lion said:
If I understand it correctly, the reason Guts' assassination did not go so smoothly in the manga was because he was not skilled at this sort of thing.

The reason it didn't go smoothly is because there were circumstances he did not anticipate (and he did not anticipate them, among other things, because he is not a professional assassin).

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Walter said:
berserk-lowest2.jpg

LOL :ubik:

Seriously who cares, as long as the movie brings in lots of cash they can keep going after just the 3 movies...

I don't know why, but that picture seems to be making me hungry... I guess I'll just go to McMidland's and get a Guts burger and a side of Griffrites.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dr.Legato said:
LOL :ubik:

Seriously who cares, as long as the movie brings in lots of cash they can keep going after just the 3 movies...
That sounds like the kind of reasoning Griffith used when he sacrificed his men. :void:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
As Bill Hicks famously said, "By the way, if anyone here is in advertising, or marketing: kill yourself." That poster makes me ill.

Top Bottom