Berserk Saga Project News

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Why would i be happy about watching a new adaption of the same shit we already saw on the first anime (in a more faithful way it seems)? If it showed something new i'd be hyped (black swordsman arc to be more exact). Since it's just same old with a new (and rather awful) skin, i'll give a look whenever, because i doubt it'll premiere anywhere near me.

Griffith said:
BECAUSE IT'S ANIME!!!!! :serpico: :serpico: :serpico: :serpico: :serpico: :serpico: :serpico:

lol.....and at Gnomeking.Don't get me started with my gripes on the recent Hellsing Ultimates....

I'm happy you're so excited for them yourself. I've been on a fine line between love and hate this whole time and not really weighing in my opinion, just observing. I have to say though after that last posted clip that showed quite a few scenes, I'm actually pretty impressed. I mean Bazuso looked quite silly at first but when I started watching a bit more, It sort of donned on me that with so much CG animation, once I look at so much of it on screen long enough it begins to look less awkward. Some of the animation looks a little weak but its also intersperced with some better looking CG. Just saying the last clip got me a little more excited, unlike the Zodd clip.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As before, the CG doesn't seem to bother me as much as other people. Which is strange, because you'd think with the amount of games that I've played, that I'd be able to spot CG a mile away. But I can't. For the most part, I think the CG is well blended with the pure animation scenes. There have been a handful of discrepancies seen thus far, but for the most part I don't quite understand the upset over the inclusion of CG. is it merely a matter of principle?

Maybe someone can elaborate on it for me?

G

Gnomeking

Walter said:
As before, the CG doesn't seem to bother me as much as other people. Which is strange, because you'd think with the amount of games that I've played, that I'd be able to spot CG a mile away. But I can't. For the most part, I think the CG is well blended with the pure animation scenes. There have been a handful of discrepancies seen thus far, but for the most part I don't quite understand the upset over the inclusion of CG. is it merely a matter of principle?

Maybe someone can elaborate on it for me?

I agree, somewhat. Cg animation is the future in anime. Using cg they are able to maintain detailed scenes from any point of view. As well as the fluid motions of multiple (items) at one time. The special effects the can create using cg like in the basuzo scene where guts is cracking his axe, just that would be a feat to animate without cg.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
facebook update.
393987_299740173410708_197046067013453_917625_792493394_n.jpg
:ganishka:

white Russian ? what do you mean ?
Well CG or not CG I wish the CG for Berserk film was done by Square-Enix or something like that :troll:
Anyway, having watched trailers and interviews several times, I finally liked it.
I guess we just have to get used to its new style, Berserk film seem to be really beautiful in the end

Handmade_Lion is guessing they are holding alchoholic beverages, a White Russian is a mixed drink made with Vodka, a coffee liqueur like kahlua and cream.

S

supa_pokute

Judging from all the clips I've seen so far of the film, I have to agree with a few other members about the animation. On one hand there are scenes with amazing detail and vibrant colors, but then when it shows certain CG segments it looks very dated and a stark contrast to the other parts. Now maybe this is because of the way it's edited in a lot of previews, but either way it will be an interesting experience.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
The CG never really bothered me, though some scenes as people have pointed out do need some work, everything LOOKS good to me, but in certain scenes, the movement feels stiff.

The only thing that bothers me is some of the minor changes, major changes would be worse but personally just minor changes annoy me more simply cause well...its minor, so why change it at all? Like Guts putting on his helmet before those two Hawk mercenaries attack, what's the point? Why not just stick to the manga, do they really want to just set it apart with such trivial things?

I understand that because it's trivial, it can really go both ways, (someone may say, why complain, it's trivial), but overall, that's the only thing that bothers me, it seems like they are just trying to make this a LITTLE bit different from the manga and 90's anime, which would be fine with most series but this is Berserk, it's perfect as it is.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Lord Leith said:
The only thing that bothers me is some of the minor changes, major changes would be worse but personally just minor changes annoy me more simply cause well...its minor, so why change it at all? Like Guts putting on his helmet before those two Hawk mercenaries attack, what's the point? Why not just stick to the manga, do they really want to just set it apart with such trivial things?

I feel the same way except the major changes only bother me that much more. Like if you're going to seemingly alter every other scene and probably mangle the story forcing it into a format it's not particularly suited to then why bother at all? It's already disappointing in that regard. I just hope that despite the compromises while actually sitting and watching it the strength of the original material will shine through and I'll smile and my heart will grow three sizes or something. Probably not. =)

Ok everybody, back to the real make or break issue: did they capture the true CGI quality of the manga properly? :iva:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Griffith said:
I feel the same way except the major changes only bother me that much more. Like if you're going to seemingly alter every other scene and probably mangle the story forcing it into a format it's not particularly suited to then why bother at all? It's already disappointing in that regard. I just hope that despite the compromises while actually sitting and watching it the strength of the original material will shine through and I'll smile and my heart will grow three sizes or something. Probably not. =)

That pretty much echoes my sentiments. I really want to enjoy the films when they come out (if this one sucks, I'll probably skip the others, though) and I hope that they do justice to the story, even if the format doesn't lend itself to it. The minor changes irk me, too, but I can live with them as long as they get the major stuff right.

Do you think that they just want to show off the spiffy armor they spent so much cash creating, or do you think they're featuring it more to differentiate between the two anime adaptations? I can't imagine they'd be making these changes to differ between the films and the manga, but crazier things have come to pass.

Rhombaad said:
Do you think that they just want to show off the spiffy armor they spent so much cash creating, or do you think they're featuring it more to differentiate between the two anime adaptations? I can't imagine they'd be making these changes to differ between the films and the manga, but crazier things have come to pass.

They're lazy. Probably one guy on the entire team has read the manga, and is recreating scenes from his head. Its not on purpose, its just... slackers.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Griffith said:
Ok everybody, back to the real make or break issue: did they capture the true CGI quality of the manga properly? :iva:

Hehe, well, again as I said above, I think it looks great, but the movement is just a little...sluggish, atleast on certain scenes, kinda has that old stop motion movement I would expect to see in a 1940's monster movie :iva: but that's when it's at it's worst, when it's at it's best, it looks fantastic, just wonderful.

frankencowx said:
They're lazy. Probably one guy on the entire team has read the manga, and is recreating scenes from his head. Its not on purpose, its just... slackers.

If so, I wonder what Miura would have to say towards the team. :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Rhombaad said:
That pretty much echoes my sentiments. I really want to enjoy the films when they come out (if this one sucks, I'll probably skip the others, though)

Oh, I'll see them all pretty much no matter what, and I'm fully prepared to have one of my Mr. Burns-like change of heart.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Handmade_lion said:
I think one of my favorites of the bad cg scenes is what can be seen in that Zodd seiyuu (?) interview. Guts seems to cower in marveling of the sight that is Zodd's transformation, and it looks like a lazy and inexpensive flash effect. Two images, one over the other, and one's moving. For whatever reason it seems to have stuck out to me.

Yeah that one I felt wasn't executed very well. The original scene conveys Guts' fear so well that it's pathetic in comparison.

Gnomeking said:
I can't wait to see the new movies! Unlike a lot of people that are being picky about certain things. I'm just happy to get any form of new animation adaptation.

Good for you! An absolute lack of standards must make for a very enjoyable life.

frankencowx said:

Don't be stupid. They're just "improving" on the original. It's more dramatic done their way, you see.

G

Gnomeking

Walter, I do enjoy my life. My standards aren't lacking trying to assume so is naive. I just appreciate art (animation) than you with a better understanding of the reality film making. I can accept these films do knowing kentaro consented them. And really name a better animated film you can't

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gnomeking said:
My standards aren't lacking trying to assume so is naive.

"I'm just happy to get any form of new animation adaptation."

That, by definition, means you don't have standards, because you're happy with anything.

Gnomeking said:
I just appreciate art (animation) than you with a better understanding of the reality film making.

You should probably start with understanding English to begin with, and move on to art and/or filmmaking at a later date. :slan: I mean if you can't even distinguish my avatar from Walter's, you're not exactly fit to discuss any kind of art, you know?

Gnomeking said:
And really name a better animated film you can't

:ganishka:

H

hellrasinbrasin

VPCG-84921.jpg

BERSERK Golden Age Arc I Egg of the Supreme Ruler: Original Soundtrack
Music Composed by: Shiro Sagisu

01.The Wrath Of God (part II)
02.Et Voici Guts!
03.Griffith's Dream
04.Des Cambrioleurs!?
05.Semper Invicta
06.Des Liens Solides
07.New Horizons
08.Obscurite des Victimes
09.La Bete Immense (part I)
10.Voix du Diable
11.La Bete Immense (part II)
12.The Sound of Tortured Souls
13.Pour L'Eternite (part II)
14.L'Amour Impitoyable
15.Jeux de Nobles
16.L'Amour Impitoyable (piano solo)
17.Blood and Guts
18.Avant la Tempete
19.Blood and Guts (closing credits)
20.Pour L'Eternite (part I)

Source: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPCG-84921

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the new information! What a strange mix of languages we have here. English, Latin, French?

I also noticed that this is only the score soundtrack, by Shiro Sagisu, which means that A.I.'s track "Isn't it Beautiful?" and Susumu's track, "Aria," will be separate releases. Too bad we apparently can't get them all on the same disc. :sad:

As an aside, that A.I. song is really growing on me. I still don't think it fits well with the scenes it plays along with. But the melody is catchy, and I think it'll work well as a credits song.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Walter said:
I also noticed that this is only the score soundtrack, by Shiro Sagisu, which means that A.I. and Susumu's track, Aria, will be separate releases. Too bad we can't get them all on the same disc.

I know, I realize that it sucks but marketing is what it is.

BERSERK Golden Age Arc I Egg of the Supreme Ruler - Aria [Single] Susumu Hirasawa
product_aria_l.jpg

Release Date: 02/04/2012

01.Aria
02.Aria (Karaoke)

Source(s): http://noroom.susumuhirasawa.com/
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DAKCHTE-70

--------------------

The ED Theme will be released on AI's "Independent" Album
TOCT-28043.jpg

Release Date: 2/22/2012

01.Dance Together
02.Independent Woman
03.Happiness
04.Unbalance
05.Futuristic Lover
06.W/U
07.Beyond Your Dream
08.One Love
09.Beautiful Things
10.Letter in the Sky Featuring: The Jacksons

Source: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TOCT-28043

G

Gnomeking

Sorry Walter and aazealh I was at work on a break, and using my phone. " happy to get any anime" was basically saying its better than none. Ive also only talked about the quality of the cg animation, not if its true to the manga..... I rest at this is the best cg anime yet

H

hellrasinbrasin

I must say, that while happy that the books are being adapted; It's unrealistic to think that everything will make it to screen. I say this, because there is no such thing; as a 100% faithful adaptation of any source material -- and anyone who says otherwise is just plain lying. So while specific characters or locations are certainly possible to hit the cutting room floor for the theatrical cut of the films you always have the extended cut to look forward to on DVD. All I'm interested in so far as "The Golden Age" is concerned is that the Director respectfully handled: Griffith's Rise & Fall, The Band of the Hawk, The Griffith, Guts, & Casca Triangle, and the Carnival. As long as those sequence of events aren't goofed I can look past any choice omissions that might be made with the film series.

Top Bottom