Berserk Saga Project News

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Gnomeking said:
Walter, I do enjoy my life.

Yeah, Aazealh's point was that you're being blissfully ignorant, and you kindly proved him right by not even knowing who you're talking to.

Gnomeking said:
My standards aren't lacking trying to assume so is naive. I just appreciate art (animation) than you with a better understanding of the reality film making.

It's not naive on our parts if one acts like a blindly enthusiastic simpleton, babbling about how the movie they haven't seen is the best thing ever and they'll like it no matter what or whatever other hyperbole one wants to speak in for lack of a measured thought. Oh well, I guess that makes us the naive ones. *shrug*

Gnomeking said:
I can accept these films do knowing Kentarou consented them.

Yeah, funny thing how the word consensual only comes up when there's rape. :troll:

Gnomeking said:
And really name a better animated film you can't

Truly, you have a dizzying appreciation of art and understanding of the reality of filmmaking.

hellrasinbrasin said:
I know, I realize that it sucks but marketing is what it is.

Predatory business practices should reflect poorly on the perpetrators, though.

Gnomeking said:
Sorry Walter and aazealh I was at work on a break, and using my phone.

Thanks, the thought and effort was already self-evident.

Gnomeking said:
"happy to get any anime" was basically saying its better than none.

Not necessarily true.

Gnomeking said:
Ive also only talked about the quality of the cg animation, not if its true to the manga..... I rest at this is the best cg anime yet

That's quite retreat from being the best animated film ever. Did you see another 15 second clip we're not aware of?

G

Gnomeking

Yea good for you try and make me out to be the village idiot. Last i checked this site was for beserk fans not haters. And your pm griffith makes you laughable.

Griffith

Gnomeking said:
Yea good for you try and make me out to be the village idiot. Last i checked this site was for beserk fans not haters.

I didn't make you look like an idiot, you made you look like an idiot. Also, wrong again, this site has always been for haters. =)

Gnomeking said:
And your pm griffith makes you laughable.

Well, if the whole thing isn't supposed to be kind of laughable then it wouldn't be any fun. :griffnotevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBhoV01ryo

Anyway, on a general note, this whole "it's the professional filmmaking process" passive acceptance trope is getting annoying. Is this what everyone would say if Berserk were being adapted into a live action Hollywood movie? "They're professional filmmakers!" "They know better!" "They can do no wrong." Yeah, everything made by professional filmmakers is great. Apparently all the best ones are working on anime in Japan.

G

Gnomeking

Last off griffith you saying not getting a anime is better than getting one is beyond me. Keep on with your lil baby shit talk. I can at least say I'm a fan of berserk and these films are awesome! Sorry for all your hate, your opinion means nothing the films will still come out me and many other fans will happy and you sit and cry about your own hate

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Topic...

Unless I missed it, there is no album length information... I was curious to know that as pointless as it can be. I kinda love the cover background too..

Griffith

Gnomeking said:
Last off griffith you saying not getting a anime is better than getting one is beyond me. Keep on with your lil baby shit talk. I can at least say I'm a fan of berserk and these films are awesome! Sorry for all your hate, your opinion means nothing the films will still come out me and many other fans will happy and you sit and cry about your own hate

Yes, I'm clearly the emotionally distraught one engaging in "lil baby shit talk." I'm starting to like you. =)

Anyway, the last opinion I gave specifically on my probable enjoyment of the the movies was that I'll see them no matter what and am fully prepared to reverse course, ultimately reserving final judgement. That's pretty reasonable, far more than the assertion that they're awesome no matter what and are the best animated films ever that we've never seen. I'm just trying to look at it a little more objectively than that, so I'm not going to ignore what I see as wrong with it just so I can pretend to live in a false world of "awesome." And my voice IS in the minority here, which is fine, but doesn't mean I'm not going to speak up to be heard over the crowd.

Also, when I said no anime wasn't necessarily worse than any anime, it's because I don't want any anime and don't think so highly of it in general. I don't like anime more than I like Berserk specifically. If as an anime it turns out to be a hacky bunch of crap then it doesn't do Berserk a great service in my opinion. The fact that this is beyond you suggests to me that you, like many others, are more about anime than Berserk and that somehow Berserk being made into anime of any kind is some elevation of it or the telos of the entire series. As if Miura's only done the sketches and now we're finally getting the REAL THING: ANIME!!! ^____^

Well, needless to say, I completely disagree with that mentality. It's almost a separate issue of people that are just into their anime. I've wondered before, when people read "Berserk anime" are they more excited for Berserk or anime? Which is why in the same breath they'll defend this movie they haven't seen to the death as the best anime ever while disregarding the manga's importance to it ("whatever, nitpicking, sacrifices have to be made for anime!").

Since I'm not particularly into anime or manga anymore beyond Berserk and Vagabond, I might have a different perspective. I don't think Miura, Berserk, or its fans are lucky Berserk is being made into an another anime, like this finally validates it. Rather, these guys are fortunate to have the opportunity to adapt it, and so they better do a good job. It's a tremendous opportunity actually, and I don't want to see go to waste or turned into just another anime series, to be immediately consumed and disposed of.

I'm not grateful for it either. I was fine with just the manga, Berserk IS the manga, or to distance it even further from the cult of anime/manga, it's the story. So, when people imply that this is what they've been waiting for all along, like the manga was just a stopgap, they're clearly not the Berserk fans they think they are for riding the bandwagon on the latest anime in their download queue. So yeah, to not sugarcoat it further, when it comes to Berserk this whole "anything goes 'cuz I don't care as long as I get anime" attitude can fuck right off.

IMHO. :griffnotevil:

G

Gnomeking

I do love anime, but berserk started that for me when I was 13 and first seen the anime. Later I read the manga and thats when I became a true berserk fan. Being such a fan yea I think these movies will be bad ass. The cg anime hasnt been well in films yet. The fact that they animaters have changed minor things doesn't bother me as long as nothing major is changed like puck being a random girl at the bar or wylad being turned into a nobody general. I still feel that these films are opening a whole new world when it comes to animation the detail in the war scenes is amazing having hundreds of movements in every frame. As far as anything goes I disagree you must have misunderstood me. I don't want to see story killing changes. The story aside the cg work is cutting edge.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Gnomeking said:
I still feel that these films are opening a whole new world when it comes to animation the detail in the war scenes is amazing having hundreds of movements in every frame. The story aside the cg work is cutting edge.

Umm I know I should probably mind my own business and I don't mean to sound like a bully but I have two things to pick out of those statements...

First of all, "when it comes to ANIMATION, the detail in the war scenes is amazing, having HUNDREDS OF MOVEMENTS IN EVERY FRAME", well someone please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong, but CG counts animation correct? Well last time I remember Computer generated animation covering every frame, was the complete mess of scenes put in the modern Star Wars flicks, it's an extreme example, but I just don't think it's necessarily something to judge the film on, it really doesn't mean anything. So I don't think that's really a good thing. I could be wrong, since this is in an anime film, but I'm just saying, the movements per frame don't really mean ANYTHING.

Well we all know the story is cutting edge, that's why we read the manga, since you know, it's 35 volumes in, while this film hasn't even been released yet, how can you say the story is cutting edge, when we have so little to judge the film on, just cause it's an adaption of Berserk, doesn't mean it will be great by any means. To use an example, I can't say "Oh that Avengers movie, looks okay acting wise, but oh god, the action scenes looks like its gonna be a blast!" When there's like 3 minutes of footage released so far.

I'm not trying to sound rude, infact I myself, am looking forward to the film, I just feel you're giving the film way too much credit too soon.

G

Gnomeking

Lol I said story aside the cg is cutting edge. Lol of course the story is epic. And when I was talk about the movements I was directly reffering to the small clips of the war scenes where you have everything moving nothing is left still from the dust on the ground to a background characters attacking each other. I've seen over 100+ anime series and movies and most only would focus on the main scenery. Take the old anime for example in the war scenes you only get movements from main people in a scene not the background characters such are just simple still frames.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hellrasinbrasin said:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/11/05/VPCG-84921.jpg
BERSERK Golden Age Arc I Egg of the Supreme Ruler: Original Soundtrack
Music Composed by: Shiro Sagisu

[...]

Source: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPCG-84921

Thanks for the link! For those interested, here's a translation of the tracks' titles:

01.The Wrath Of God (part II)
02.Here comes Guts!
03.Griffith's Dream
04.Burglars!?
05.Ever Invincible
06.Strong bonds
07.New Horizons
08.The Darkness of the Victims
09.The Huge Beast (part I)
10.Voice of the Devil
11.The Huge Beast (part II)
12.The Sound of Tortured Souls
13.For Eternity (part II)
14.Merciless love
15.Nobles' games
16.Merciless love (piano solo)
17.Blood and Guts
18.Before the storm
19.Blood and Guts (closing credits)
20.For Eternity (part I)

Honestly, given the usual level of French used by foreigners to "sound cool", this isn't too bad. Only track 04 has the potential to be a serious mistake, if they meant it to be "robbers" in reference to the Band of the Falcon's attack on Guts. Other than that, tracks 13/20 might also be an awkward attempt at saying "For ever".

Walter said:
I also noticed that this is only the score soundtrack, by Shiro Sagisu, which means that A.I.'s track "Isn't it Beautiful?" and Susumu's track, "Aria," will be separate releases. Too bad we apparently can't get them all on the same disc. :sad:

Yeah, I'd have preferred an all-inclusive release as well (like everybody else I guess).

Walter said:
As an aside, that A.I. song is really growing on me. I still don't think it fits well with the scenes it plays along with. But the melody is catchy, and I think it'll work well as a credits song.

Personally I liked it right from the beginning as you know, regardless of the scenes. I like her voice itself, and yeah the tune is pretty sweet. Agreed that it should be perfect for the credits.

hellrasinbrasin said:
I know, I realize that it sucks but marketing is what it is.

You don't have to try and justify the decision, you know. It's not your fault (but it's not like it was inevitable either). :slan:

Gnomeking said:
Sorry Walter and aazealh I was at work on a break, and using my phone.

No problem. It's cool that you're excited for the movie, same for us all really. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't point things out where we see them. There's nothing else to do while we wait anyway. This forum's goal has always been primarily to inform people about Berserk. An endless string of posts saying "I can't wait, I'm so excited, I don't mind anything!" is not informative (nor interesting).

Gnomeking said:
Ive also only talked about the quality of the cg animation, not if its true to the manga..... I rest at this is the best cg anime yet

Well that's not what you said in your previous post, but Ok, thanks for clarifying. That being said, while some segments certainly do look amazing, you can't deny that the level of computer graphics found in the clips we've seen so far are uneven. Meaning some are a lot better than others. And I don't just mean the animation but also the models and textures.

hellrasinbrasin said:
I must say, that while happy that the books are being adapted; It's unrealistic to think that everything will make it to screen. I say this, because there is no such thing; as a 100% faithful adaptation of any source material

No, reaaaally?! :schierke: Do you have any idea how many times this has been reiterated in this thread or the previous one? Nothing against you personally, but we don't need every new member to repeat the same stuff continuously when it doesn't even relate to the discussion. And I commend the use of semicolons, but please try to properly construct your sentences.

hellrasinbrasin said:
you always have the extended cut to look forward to on DVD.

That's just a supposition on your part.

hellrasinbrasin said:
All I'm interested in so far as "The Golden Age" is concerned is that the Director respectfully handled: Griffith's Rise & Fall, The Band of the Hawk, The Griffith, Guts, & Casca Triangle, and the Carnival. As long as those sequence of events aren't goofed I can look past any choice omissions that might be made with the film series.

That's an extremely vague list, but whatever. Like I told Gnomeking, if that's what your standards are then good for you.

Gnomeking said:
Last i checked this site was for beserk fans not haters.

It's only for the fans who can (and care to) spell "Berserk" correctly. :casca:

Gnomeking said:
The fact that they animaters have changed minor things doesn't bother me as long as nothing major is changed like puck being a random girl at the bar or wylad being turned into a nobody general.

Puck is not the movies because they decided not to feature the Black Swordsman arc (and Colette wasn't exactly a random girl either), and Wyald is not guaranteed to be in there at all for now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I wonder if more commercials might be shown as the date for the movie is getting closer?

It'll be advertized of course but not necessarily on TV. I haven't been following the Twitter accounts much these days though, so I can't confirm it to you.

Gnomeking said:
NO forces : (

You can't be serious.

voodoo_sh said:
I wonder whats the point of using French words in these titles ? Using Latin in songs is ok, its casual, but French is kinda awkward you know

Probably supposed to sound cool. Same thing with using Latin (I don't see how it's "casual"?) or English. To Japanese people it's exotic.

Niiiice, thanks a lot for translating the song titles Aaz! Seems a bit odd that they'd have The Wrath Of God (part II) without a part I. Also, usually albums have part I's before part II's so seeing For Eternity seems a bit odd (only to me :farnese:), then again maybe they did that so the songs flow better when you're listening to the whole soundtrack.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
facebook update.
393987_299740173410708_197046067013453_917625_792493394_n.jpg
:ganishka:
For those who were asking, :griffnotevil: 's drink is White Cocoa, and :guts: drink is a Dry Ginger Ale.

The drinks are available at a Berserk Cafe in Shinijuku, where they also have some Berserk memorabilia on display, like these AoW God Hand figures: https://twitter.com/#!/berserk_project/status/159998405698007040/photo/1

The official Berserk Twitter account claims that this particular set was borrowed from Miura's home.

I'm definitely going to buy all 3 CDs. I've been listening to AI's other songs on youtube, and they are all quite catchy J-Pop. I dig her voice, and I really love women with low voices... please don't take that out of context :slan: Hehe.

On a side note, it seems that from some recent tweets, at the live preview event that happened recently, I believe Miura phoned in and spoke for 10 minutes??? Seems unlike him... but that is what I've gathered by some of the tweets. Dunno if it was Q&A style or what, but that must have been so cool to hear!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I'm definitely going to buy all 3 CDs. I've been listening to AI's other songs on youtube, and they are all quite catchy J-Pop. I dig her voice, and I really love women with low voices... please don't take that out of context :slan: Hehe.

Already preordered. :slan:

Also I'm totally taking that comment out of context. :iva:

DirectDK said:
On a side note, it seems that from some recent tweets, at the live preview event that happened recently, I believe Miura phoned in and spoke for 10 minutes??? Seems unlike him... but that is what I've gathered by some of the tweets. Dunno if it was Q&A style or what, but that must have been so cool to hear!

Can you show me the tweets in question?

G

Gnomeking

Forces is one of my favorites, leave your negative comments to yourself.

The cafe is sweet, but can you order the glasses anywhere or are they cafe exclusive?

Aazealh said:
Already preordered. :slan: Also I'm totally taking that comment out of context. :iva:

:beast:

Aazealh said:
Can you show me the tweets in question?

Sure, here are some of them:

Clara_de_Porras クララ・ド・ポラス
吉田さん、お疲れさまでしたっ! RT @yoshidahisanori: ベルセルク映画版のニコ生終了!!あの作画量で10秒、とか、マンガのベルセルクの生原稿とか、見どころあり過ぎだったよ!しかし三浦建太郎先生、 本当にプレミアム会員で、アイマス見てて千早押しとはw
7 hours ago

こんばんは、クララです!三浦先生~見てますか?? nico.ms/lv75949877#1:5… #berserknama
8 hours ago

berserk_project ベルセルク公式ツイッター
三浦先生、電話で登場!"@Clara_de_Porras: こんばんは、クララです。ニコ生放送まであと20分♪→映画『ベルセルク』完成披露試写会&まったりウラ実況!~窪岡監督&プロデューサー達の座談会! live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv759498…
8 hours ago
Retweeted by Clara_de_Porras

三浦先生にコメントしてみようかしら…
8 hours ago

そういえば、三浦建太郎先生もプレミアム会員だそうですわ(´-`).oO #berserknama
10 hours ago

Via google translate:

Kuraradoporasu Clara_de_Porras
Mr. Yoshida, lust to be tired! RT @ yoshidahisanori: Nico's life ends the movie version Berserk! ! Illustrating that in amounts of 10 seconds, Toka, Toka Berserk manga raw manuscript, and there were attractions too! Dr. Kentarou Miura, but really a premium membership, you look fit and Chihaya press the w
7 hours ago

Good evening, and Clara! Do you watch - Dr. Miura? ? nico.ms/lv75949877 # 1:5 ... # berserknama
8 hours ago

Official Twitter berserk_project Berserk
Mr. Miura, appeared in the phone! "@ Clara_de_Porras: Good evening, and Clara. Movie to live for another 20 minutes Niko ♪ →" Berserk "live preview and showcase finished back chillin! Our symposium director and producer hill Kubo ~! Live. nicovideo.jp/watch/lv759498 ...
8 hours ago
Retweeted by Clara_de_Porras

Let's comment on Mr. Miura, I wonder ...
8 hours ago

Speaking of, ('-`). oO It is said Kentarou Miura teachers Premium Member # berserknama
10 hours ago

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gnomeking said:
Forces is one of my favorites, leave your negative comments to yourself.

Whether it's your favorite or not isn't the question here genius, it's the fact Forces was clearly never going to be part of this OST, and that we've known for months the name of the only track by Hirasama Susumu that will be featured in the movie: Aria. It's an original track he composed for it. In the future inform yourself before posting, for example by reading what other people wrote in this very thread, or keep your comments, whatever they may be, to yourself.

DirectDK said:
Sure, here are some of them:

Ok, well he was on the phone with the director and the producer of the movie, but it doesn't explicitly say it's in the show. Rather, Clara asks him if he watches it. She also comments on how he's apparently a Premium member of Nico Nico Douga.

I'm quite interested in the song names ! I also agree that the A.I. song is really catchy and getting me excited about other tracks. The fact that they are in French is interesting and your point about it being "exotic" makes sense. I'm currently taking a course on sci-fi in Japanese culture and the Prof talks a lot about how their "otherness" to us reflects right back as far as things we take for granted. Fairly obvious but still :serpico:

I'm not well versed enough in my history to really know/remember what most of the achitecture and the like is inspired by in Berserk (I know there are lots of different examples) but maybe they got a particular French vibe from some of the settings/themes/characters?

Aazealh said:
Ok, well he was on the phone with the director and the producer of the movie, but it doesn't explicitly say it's in the show. Rather, Clara asks him if he watches it. She also comments on how he's apparently a Premium member of Nico Nico Douga.

Ahhhhh interesting. Well actually, not AS interesting as I had hoped, hehe. I do wonder what they were talking about on the phone. I also wonder if Miura will attend any of these premieres. I also wonder if any movie goers will go cosplayed! When I saw the Gantz movie in AMC Times Square last year, there were some folks cosplayed, lol. It was quite entertaining.

IncantatioN, if the movie opens in NYC, you better attend as SKULLKNIGHT!!!

On a side note, I keep getting more and more excited as Feb 4th slowly approaches, but then I stop and remember... that Feb 4th won't mean anything for us non-Japanese residents. How and when will any of us see the movie? Gah. I hope my local independent theaters pick up this film! Tekkonkinkreet (also Studio 4C) was released in Japanese in December 2006, and I saw it at a local movie theater with English subs here in NYC in August 2007. That's 8 months after the fact. Man... I don't think I can wait 8 months to see this first Berserk movie. That's just too long...

Top Bottom