Berserk Saga Project News

H

hellrasinbrasin

I wouldn't be surprised, at all if The God Hand Origin Arc; is narrated by both the King of the Flower Storm and Skull Knight since those would be the oldest beings to have
that information. Nor would I be surprised if it spans more than 10 episodes.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wow I was not expecting that. God Hand story? I had actually put it out of me mind, assuming that if it ever was shown, it would a long long time. To think we could get it in no less than a year (in Berserk time that's nothing) is too much. Really incredible news. Made my day. :guts:

Aazealh said:
He was asked about them (the announcer saying we don't know much about them), and he said their story would be shown soon enough. But he added that for him, "soon" can often mean a year. Apart from that, he's currently working on the manga's manuscript, and he said he draws around a page per day.
Amazing, i couldn't believe my eyes when i first saw that. Thank you for the translation Aazealh.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
So that could mean, over a year we will finally reach Elfhelm and the King of the Flower Storm will tell Guts and his party about the Godhand??

Could also be the Skull Knight, like Walter said (they are likely acquainted :slan:), or we could simply see more of them as they take their new quarters in the world (and we wouldn't have to wait until Guts' party reaches Elfhelm, it could happen during a cut right after the Sea God battle is wrapped up). It could go down many different ways (and it won't necessarily be an origin story, actually). As long as we see more of them though, I'll be happy. :void:

Wow really cool update! Looks like Guts isn't down for the count quite yet in the new Berserk episode. Obviously this isn't happening yet but it's almost making me think of what a Skull Knight transformation might look like :SK:

As far as the God Hand news that's fantastic! If he actually just confirmed more explanation on them in the next year I will be thrilled. Unfortunately the wording was vague enough that I feel it might take a little longer but the important part is he confirmed it's coming soon ! :slan:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I couldn't figure out how to see the video with Miura on the phone :sad:. Do you need to have an account?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for live-posting that video stream, Walter! And thank you for the summary of what Miura was talking about, Aazealh! Great news all around, and I'm glad to hear that Miura enjoyed the film.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Fantastic work, Wally. You and Aaz are our very own Woodward and Berserkstein; it's just a matter of time before YOU get Miura on the phone. I think my favorite tidbit was what Aaz shared about him thinking it would end in his 20's but becoming his life's work in a very realized sense. Also, it's hard not to get caught up in the hoopla of the new movies when the man himself is personally giving his blessing.

As for the potential God Hand bombshell... Wow. I just hope Miura wasn't using a year merely as an example of what he considers a short time. Otherwise, it could still be a few off. :ganishka:

Only 2 more weeks. If I can take off a day from work on the weekend, I am definitely going to see it. Anybody else in the Tokyo area going to see it? They have some ticket pre-order bonus things to grab that look kind of neat.

Syaoran

I want you to remember
Tabegoro said:
Only 2 more weeks. If I can take off a day from work on the weekend, I am definitely going to see it. Anybody else in the Tokyo area going to see it? They have some ticket pre-order bonus things to grab that look kind of neat.

Waiting for so long didn't think that couple weeks would hurt so much

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A five-minute featurette was posted on Nico Nico today, featuring tons of new footage of the movie: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16769376 OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZNCd62XLc

promo25.jpg

promo26.jpg

promo23.jpg

There's at least two-three minutes worth of new stuff in there. Also, a new segment of Aria can be heard in the background at around a minute in, and it's awesome.

You may need a membership to Nico Nico to view it. Unsure. But if you really want to be following the trailers and videos as they come out, you should probably get one. Non-premium memberships are free.

PS: The sound the makes... I really hope that's just something they threw in this featurette, because it sounds literally like an underwater fart.
PPS: Hmm... underwater fart? (屁水中) It might not be far from the truth! :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
A five-minute featurette was posted on Nico Nico today, featuring tons of new footage of the movie: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16769376

Neat, thanks for the link. I wish they'd have taken a less dramatic approach to Griffith jumping on Guts' sword during their second fight. Makes it look like he's jumping 5 meters high. Same goes for the dust blow away by Zodd's wings, you'd think he's a helicopter or something.

Walter said:
Also, a new segment of Aria can be heard in the background at around a minute in, and it's awesome.

Not my favorite from Hirasawa, to be perfectly honest.

SUGOI!!!! It looks gorgeous!!! Really diggin' all the new footage in this featurette! Too bad the video/audio quality is so shoddy in this vid, hopefully berserkfilmtv will post a higher quality one.

The Zodd fight and the Guts/Griffith Duel look fantastic. Yeah, the Griffith-jumping-on-the-sword part was quite over the top, but it didn't bother me. The bromance undertones were quite heavy, I must say, but I'm down with that! No other bromance quite like theirs! :guts: :griffnotevil:

I think Aria sounds wonderful, but agreed it's not my favorite Hirasawa piece. But, I was really blown away by that segment of the video. I know people are tired of the word "epic", but I gotta say, Hirasawa makes shit EPIC! =)

Man... this was really welcomed footage. This movie is gearing up big time!!!

PS That Beherit fart was indeed horrendous, lol. They used a different sound for it in the first trailer which sounds fine. That one still sounds moist and all, but not like a fart. :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That was pretty cool, I really enjoyed a lot of what I saw, even the weird CGI/video gamey portions were lively looking at least, and when the CGI totally worked, yowza! Pretty exciting stuff, especially if you look at like a big Berserk music video or event.

Aazealh said:
Neat, thanks for the link. I wish they'd have taken a less dramatic approach to Griffith jumping on Guts' sword during their second fight. Makes it look like he's jumping 5 meters high.

That was ridiculous, with Guts looking around like he literally had no idea where Griffith went (although he did practically leap into the stratosphere) and couldn't sense him either? I guess Guts is just not a very good fighter in this adaptation. =)

DirectDK said:
Yeah, the Griffith-jumping-on-the-sword part was quite over the top, but it didn't bother me.

That phrase has become a real panacea for everything in this thread. Does it work both ways? Can one like something and still be bothered by it without violating the laws of mutual exclusivity? :iva:

Aazealh said:
Same goes for the dust blow away by Zodd's wings, you'd think he's a helicopter or something.

I liked it and thought it was appropriate for dramatic effect... but it did bother me! :troll:

Well, at least we can now say with a fair amount of certainty that some of the footage in the 15 second promos last year was either unfinished or a prototype for the CG models. The Zodd's horns and his exit out of the castle are completely different.

I wonder if the other scene's will be different as well. Skull Knight, and Casca in the cave might not be accurate representations anymore. From what I can glean, those scenes will be in the following films though, so we'll have to wait. The snow duel has been pretty consistent in the promos though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
I wonder if the other scene's will be different as well. Skull Knight, and Casca in the cave might not be accurate representations anymore. From what I can glean, those scenes will be in the following films though, so we'll have to wait.
Speaking of where this film ends, a Japanese press site today posted a story featuring a photo gallery of shots taken of the movie. They're apparently in sequence, so this gives us a good understanding of where the movie begins and ends.

(Click to enlarge)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hellrasinbrasin said:
So its a given, that film 1 is to cover; Volume(s)
4 - 6 1/2.
Yep. That's been the assumption for a while now. But these pictures lend credence to the theory.

Not to be a nitpicker Walter, but this has to be a little out of sequence or else someone's really messing with the timeline.

Check out the picture from row 2, column 5: a dark profile of Guts. From what we've seen, this really looks like it's a part of the fountain scene with Griffith and Charlotte. Odd that it's placed here.

Everything else seems to make sense. It looks like their incorporating Griffith's back story of how he got the Behelit into a flashback after the Zodd battle. I guess I'm okay with this as it seems natural for Guts to ask about it after it halted Zodd's attack. Still though, are we watching the first half of the movie just wondering about his weird necklace? An odd choice but I understand it.

Also a big omission is implied here. Has anyone seen any indication of the first battle Guts participates in with the Hawks. The night raid where he's the rear guard? The lack of footage for it and the movement of the Behelit scene tells me it might be gone or combined with the Black Ram battle.

For some reason I am hopeful that movie # 2 will provide more information on Gut's Childhood. I think I remember it is predicted to have a longer runtime than movie #1, but doesn't movie #2 have enough content from books 6 - 8 to cover on it's own..? Or do others also feel like it may have the wriggle room to provide more backstory?

Cool update guys. At 45 seconds, Guts' hair is blue, the same color as his under-armor and at 48 seconds it reverts to a darker shade. The scene where Guts is looking for Griffith as Griffith jumps and lands on his sword looks comical, cos we know Guts' fighting skill. Also, before the jump-and-landing on the sword part, Griffith slashes Guts on his shoulders, arms, thighs in the manga, alternatively at 2:23 we see a clean unscratched Guts. Just watched this at work on mute, can't wait to get home and listen to the music! Rawr!

Top Bottom