Berserk Saga Project News

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=509

berserk food!

bsk_paseramenu500.jpg

bistro_bsk_menu500.jpg

I see Zodd, Skullknight, a Behelit, and 2(?) Dragon Slayers. I cant really identify the rest.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
What's that noodly thing in the second row? Griffith's Hair Pasta?
If you number them left to right, top to bottom:

1: Skull Knight ____ (can't read the kanji, too blurry... possibly squid?)
2: Zodd's Black Risotto (Pun on Zoddo and RiZotto)
3: Charlotte Cake (remember, from Ep. 258)
4: Guts and Griffith's Honey Toast of Meetings and Farewells (loling)
5: Possibly Beherit Jello...?
6: Skull Knight Honey Toast (a Japanese dessert)
7: Griffith's White Pasta
8: Guts Steak

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
uhh, yes. I would like the Guts and Griffith's Honey Toast of Meetings and Farewells please. :daiba:

I'd definitely get the Charlotte Cake. They all look so appetizing. But it's kind of cool to be able to associate something I could eat with something in the manga. Obviously the Charlotte Cake is probably nothing like the cake Charlotte makes in the manga since there's no recipe given. But it'd be pretty cool to think "hey I've eaten that" every time I read Volume 29.

Did anyone notice the alternate poster on the merchandise page? It's second from bottom here:

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=344

It looks an awful lot like the ruins of Gaeseric's capital with the Eclipse landscape in the background. The characters look like they were inserted with a bad photoshop job, but it is on the official page. Perhaps this is the look those environments will have.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
ApostleBob said:
It looks an awful lot like the ruins of Gaeseric's capital with the Eclipse landscape in the background. The characters look like they were inserted with a bad photoshop job, but it is on the official page. Perhaps this is the look those environments will have.

I does look terrible. Also on that page of official merchandise is a shirt with the text "The Crimson Beherit" so... *edit* forgot about the auto correct, it said Beherit with an "L"

That broach looks pretty cool

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well I verified and was happy when I saw that Berserk will be playing in Okinawa. I will be going this Saturday to watch it and I am pumped! :carcus: Going to take my camera just in case any cos players show up. Weeeeeee :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
Did anyone notice the alternate poster on the merchandise page? It's second from bottom here:

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=344

Yeah, I saw it a few days back. It's actually a jigsaw puzzle, and the title mentions INGA (Causality): CIRCLE OF CAUSALITY.

Interestingly, it's not the same kanji Flora uses when she says causality is not a circle (輪 vs. 円環). Which basically confirms that it's the most ham-fisted piece of Berserk memorabilia that I've seen in a while. But it's not necessarily very revealing for us.

Walter said:
Yeah, I saw it a few days back. It's actually a jigsaw puzzle, and the title mentions INGA (Causality): CIRCLE OF CAUSALITY.

Interestingly, it's not the same kanji Flora uses when she says causality is not a circle (輪 vs. 円環). Which basically confirms that it's the most ham-fisted piece of Berserk memorabilia that I've seen in a while. But it's not necessarily very revealing for us.

So funny!! Walter that sentence made my day. Thanks for pointing this out, sheer rediculousness.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
IncantatioN said:
http://ch.yahoo.co.jp/warnerbros/index.php?itemid=242

Mostly looks good and some parts look absolutely gorgeous, but the CGI wide shots are still weird. Particularly the scenes on grass where I suppose it can't hide in the details.

jackson_hurley said:
Nice! well at least we know they respected the attack on Guts by Carcus... I'm gettin geexcited!

Depends on your meaning. It was a pretty liberal interpretation of the scene.

The CGI makes everything look droney in motion, like a video game and sort of static at the same time, in the sense, the smooth way the horses run about or make turns looks unnatural. I should put on Wagner and watch it again.

Release date is close! It's finally here! Can't wait to watch it irrespective of whether I love/ like/ hate it ^_^

Whilst some of the animation is a little inconsistent and it may not be a truly faithful representation of the scene in the manga, there's no denying I got a big kick out of seeing Guts severing limbs :guts:

some trailers make me love new movie, some hate. This one wasn't good. Didnt like it for sure. And why do they alter stuff so much, morons.
I mean this scene when Hawks attack Guts. It looked like some cheap videogame, like people in this thread already mentioned.

Pasela X Beserk Collaboration Menu! Resturante Serves Berserk Inspired Food!

http://www.alafista.com/2012/01/31/pasela-x-berserk-collaboration-menu/

I'll admit not sure this is the correct place to post this but I thought everyone would get a good chuckle out of this food inspired by Berserk. My personal favorite is the DragonSlayer steak! Though I guess Sea God Kalimari or Slug Count Escargo would have been awesome as well!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Pasela X Beserk Collaboration Menu! Resturante Serves Berserk Inspired Food!

HawaiianStallion said:
I'll admit not sure this is the correct place to post this but I thought everyone would get a good chuckle out of this food inspired by Berserk. My personal favorite is the DragonSlayer steak! Though I guess Sea God Kalimari or Slug Count Escargo would have been awesome as well!

It's been mentioned in the Berserk Saga News thread, to which I've merged your thread.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
voodoo_sh said:
some trailers make me love new movie, some hate. This one wasn't good. Didn't like it for sure. And why do they alter stuff so much, morons.
I mean this scene when Hawks attack Guts. It looked like some cheap videogame, like people in this thread already mentioned.

I can understand but at the same time, in the manga we don't actually see them move sooo it's hard to tell exactly how they moved during that battle.

Griffith said:
Depends on your meaning. It was a pretty liberal interpretation of the scene.

I just meant the arm cutting (the good guy at least) and the other guy getting chop up. :)

Personally I'm pretty fine with the interpretation of Carcus's ambush. It's pretty dynamic and intense and really shows the skill Guts has to hold his own against multiple opponents on horseback. I never liked the way it was portrayed in the original anime, as it was slow and vague. This portrayal hits all the key points from the manga (the way Dan and Earl are killed), but it fleshes it out in a cinematic way and altered the perspective at times. I wouldn't be surprised if this liberal interpretation is the way most of the action scenes will go. I say let the animators do what they do best. As long as it doesn't betray the tone of the series.

Can anyone really say that they don't like the idea of Guts fending off both Carcus and Earl at the same time? I think it looks great.

BTW, I really dig the update on how Guts' shoulder holster works. I always had issues figuring out how he'd unsheathe his old sword without it getting stuck halfway. The new design is simple and elegant.

Top Bottom