Berserk Saga Project News

Hey walter ! :)

I know :guts: but I can't wait to see it ! It will take a long time till I can see this movie with french subtitles and with Hight Definition ...

Guys, Do you know when the anime ends ? which moment in manga I mean

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Drakull said:
Guys, Do you know when the anime ends ? which moment in manga I mean

Volume 6, episode 12.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
The ends mood is pretty dark since Guts feels a lot of regret about what he did to Julius and his son... also after hearing Griffith talk about his dream and how his only friend are those that have a dream of their own... you feel bad for Guts. From there you see clips of the next movie and it shows you the 100 man slayer portions, Guts and Griffith's duel, Griffith having his way with Charlotte, God Hands, Skullknight... everyone!

Walter said:
Nah, the first thing that came to mind for me was the Rochine fight in volume 16. Remember when Guts gets his cheeks skewered by avoiding a blow to his face? Also at that point in the fight, he'd already set fire to the cocoons, hence the background imagery.

YES MAN you did it! Exactly what I thought :guts:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=283758
You guys should check out this Magnet episode focused on Berserk, it has some nice 720p scenes from the movie that I think help make it look a lot better in terms of the 3DCG. It also has handwritten Miura comments throughout about various things along with some cute Puck drawings. It's not translated of course, but still worth a watch even if you don't understand it. :slan:

Edit: Okay I lied a bit, the first half is all Berserk then it goes to some other stuff including stuff about a new movie with Naoki Urasawa(Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto) designs. It might be of interest to some people too.

Another Edit: If you have trouble playing it, install this:
http://www.cccp-project.net/

Aazealh said:
Volume 6, episode 12.

Thanks Aazealh, a long time passed since I did not come on board :) A part of my passion for Berserk was lost with the recent manga, But the new anime give me back passion !

Walter said:
Nah, the first thing that came to mind for me was the Rochine fight in volume 16. Remember when Guts gets his cheeks skewered by avoiding a blow to his face?

This sounds about right. If it is, man am I excited about that battle. One of the best from Guts's Black Swordsman era. Probably pulled from the pilot, but probably a good indicator of what they intend to include with the series.

As to the issue of God Hand placement in the credits that Aaz pointed out, hopefully this clip was just made for the intro credits. The graphics looked pretty rough compared to the other stuff we've seen. Especially the Eclipse shattering. Maybe some animator rushed and didn't pay attention to placement. At least I hope.

Any more reviews out there? Anyone know if Guts's voice over make it into the film? It would be a pretty big departure if they omitted it. A lot of important content in his thoughts.

This pic is most definitely from the newer animation. The pic from the credits has a cleaner, more detailed look then the leaked pics of Guts in the Pilot. In the Pilot, Guts doesn't seem to be injured as he is in the Credit pic. I don't see any blood on his face or look of injury. Honestly its seems like another day in the office for him. For the Credit pic , notice the blood streaming down his face and the wound on his jaw. Which makes me think that this is from Guts battle with Rochine in Volume 16. She stabbed him in the cheek, and as Walter mentioned the background looks to be on fire. Which would coincide with Guts lighting the cocoons on fire. But I do humble myself, as fans we make our speculations with out knowing the full truth.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
The small "wound" on his cheek you guys are talking about is actually just the flames blowing up in the foreground of the image where the credits go.
asd-3.jpg

here's another image where the credits flames are already large:
Untitled-17.jpg

So yeah, no cheek wound. Check the video for yourselves. Like Walter said though this scene could be from anywhere.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, wow. Can't believe that slipped past us. Anyway to elaborate, it's not consistent with how the "armor goo" creeps up on Guts. It normally comes from the base of his neck, as if it's crawling from behind him. This is more consistent with blood dripping. The wounds also look consistent with the loss of his right eye. But again there aren't many clues to go off of here.

Side note, while frame-by-framing this clip, did anyone else notice how many times Puck flies by the screen? I counted 4.

Walter said:
Hahaha, wow. Can't believe that slipped past us. Anyway to elaborate, it's not consistent with how the "armor goo" creeps up on Guts. It normally comes from the base of his neck, as if it's crawling from behind him. This is more consistent with blood dripping. The wounds also look consistent with the loss of his right eye. But again there aren't many clues to go off of here.

Side note, while frame-by-framing this clip, did anyone else notice how many times Puck flies by the screen? I counted 4.

Wow I initially thought there were only two, and then yesterday I realized we puck once sort of stand alone near the beginning. And then back to back around the middle. But I guess I'm still missing appearance.

On another note. I am really excited to see how they handle the 100 man fight in the second movie. I find that I quite like how the Guts vs. Bazuso fight was handled, and I am excited to see guts take on Samson next.

Edit: After 3 more viewings I still can't find more than 3 puck fly-by's. Could this be another SK.net early April Fool ruse?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
Edit: After 3 more viewings I still can't find more than 3 puck fly-by's. Could this be another SK.net early April Fool ruse?
Nah, I was just mistaken on the last one. There are three total. Here are the time stamps for the appearances, based on DirectDK's 10-minute clip: http://youtu.be/KH9mPrbzz-k

8:31
8:54
8:59
9:21 (it's actually Griffith dropping his sword after being struck by Guts)

CCS said:
Anybody know what the returns were for the opening weekend? How is this film doing?
It's something I've been meaning to look into. Will post if/when I find. This site should have them in a day or so: http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/?currency=local&yr=2012&p=.htm

Here are the weekend rankings, but still no information on how much money it made: http://jpboxofficewatch.tumblr.com/weekend According to that site:

Unfortunately, Berserk: Golden Age Arc I missed the Top 10 opening in 11th.
There's a lot of data out there about the top 10 films of the weekend, but because Berserk is in 11th, there's not as much information on exactly how well it did. A few Japanese sites have made mention that the country is currently experiencing one of the worst snowstorms in the past decade. So that could also be a factor?

And uh... the sequel to THIS is what took the top spot this weekend in Japan.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
hellrasinbrasin said:
I'd say a year per film.

And even longer before it appears in the U.S., or other countries. Hopefully, the Japanese Blu-ray will have subtitles in multiple languages, including English (if there aren't any showings in my neck of the woods, the Japanese Blu-ray will probably be the earliest opportunity for me to see the film).

Edit: I just placed my order for Susumu Hirasawa's Aria single! I can't wait 'til it gets here! :ubik:

Rhombaad said:
And even longer before it appears in the U.S., or other countries. Hopefully, the Japanese Blu-ray will have subtitles in multiple languages, including English (if there aren't any showings in my neck of the woods, the Japanese Blu-ray will probably be the earliest opportunity for me to see the film).

but why? why so long it takes to release Blu-Ray/DVD?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
voodoo_sh said:

I don't think it'll be a year per film. They're all being released in 2012, for one thing, so I'm pretty sure the DVD/BD will come out in quick succession as well. And unless they release them as a trilogy pack right from the start, I think we'll have the first one come out this year.

June 23rd? :isidro: :isidro: :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

I will most likely be vacationing in Japan with my gf at that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GET TO SEE BERSERK IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With a personal translator!!!!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
ANN posted impressions today:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/berserk-ogon-jidai-hen-i/hao-no-tamago

As you might guess, the animation was the movie's biggest "flaw" -- if that's the right word for it.

Uriel said:

As you might guess, the animation was the movie's biggest "flaw" -- if that's the right word for it.

Interesting review. Too bad to hear that the 3D is so distracting. In the 10 minute opening I only found it jarring whenever they relied on it for close ups on faces, which they did quite a bit for the soldier extras. They just look too doll-like. Hopefully this technique will improve down the road. But the ability to capture grand sweeping battles with so much detail does work well for it and I'm sure is more cost effective than hand drawing this stuff. Especially with camera moves.

Listening to the SK.net podcast yesterday made me thin of something. The guys were speculating why Miura would choose this project over so many others. Obviously being able to see the pilot helped immensely. But I wonder if it was also this ability to present Berserk on a huge cinematic canvas, while being able to afford to potentially do the entire series. I'm sure there were other high quality projects presented, but maybe they would've crammed the entire golden age into a single film. Or worse. Maybe this method appealed because the entire series would be done justice versus a few select parts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I GET TO SEE BERSERK IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With a personal translator!!!!

Awesome. =)

Uriel said:

Just like I foretold in the SK.net podcast last week!

ApostleBob said:
Listening to the SK.net podcast yesterday made me thin of something. The guys were speculating why Miura would choose this project over so many others. Obviously being able to see the pilot helped immensely. But I wonder if it was also this ability to present Berserk on a huge cinematic canvas, while being able to afford to potentially do the entire series. I'm sure there were other high quality projects presented, but maybe they would've crammed the entire golden age into a single film. Or worse. Maybe this method appealed because the entire series would be done justice versus a few select parts.

What you just said was actually mentioned in the podcast. :slan:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
voodoo_sh said:

Outside of Japan? A company has to license the material, translate it, create a dub track in the native language (at least that seems to be the case in the U.S.), as well as a subtitle track, before releasing it on disc.

Berserk not doing so well its opening weekend?

http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/?yr=2012&wk=5&p=.htm

Unless their numbers are drastically off, outlook not so good for the movies.

Top Bottom