Berserk Saga Project News

Great find, revving up the marketing engines already. Looking forward to getting into the meat and potatoes of the Golden Age Arc. BTW Caska looks absolutely gorgeous in that scene.

Jaze1618 said:
Is that our first glimpse of Boscone above the pic of Griffith riding horseback in the sand?

I would say that's a pretty good guess! :guts:

Really liking the pictures so far, looks great! I agree with you Walter about the ballroom scene, I think it looks very pretty form the thumbnail at least. :p Also can anybody figure out what the bottom dark picture is? I really can't make it out...maybe if the light was messed with.

Nice shot Incantation. I CANNOT WAIT for some Guts and Casca bonding in Movie 2! :casca: :guts:

On a side note, did I just read something crazy???

Clara posted this interview with the Studio 4C Director of Berserk
http://akiba-souken.com/special/2011/berserk/p3.html

――黄金時代篇以降の可能性もあるのでしょうか。
映画の興業成績など条件はあるかもしれませんが、プロジェクトとしては、やる気まんまんです! 三浦先生からも、「黒ガッツ(黒い剣士)」をやってくれという話は出ていました。

Which according to Google Translate:
- What is also possible since the golden age Hen.
Conditions, such as movie box office results, but there might be, as the project is chock-full motivation! From the teacher the Miura, that do his story "Guts (Black Swordsman Black)" was out.

Is this saying, that it was Miura's decision to cut the Black Swordsman Arc out??? Someone explain! Thanks!

PS, Actually there are a lot of interesting questions/discussions in this interview which I can't seem to make that much out. There is mention of a spin-off and so forth. I can't tell...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Which according to Google Translate:
- What is also possible since the golden age Hen.
Conditions, such as movie box office results, but there might be, as the project is chock-full motivation! From the teacher the Miura, that do his story "Guts (Black Swordsman Black)" was out.

Is this saying, that it was Miura's decision to cut the Black Swordsman Arc out??? Someone explain! Thanks!
STEP OFF OF THE MAT! http://www.adamrb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/mat.png

Google Translations already got me in trouble with bad translations twice today. Let's not compile it with more. We'll get it sorted soon enough. Until then, let me reassure you with an alternative (also wrong) translation of that scene through Babelfish, which doesn't say anything like that.

The sentence is in reply to the person asking what's possible AFTER the Golden Age (GT gets this wrong, right from the start). Then, it seems like he's saying that there's a lot of motivation in this project, and if box office results yield well, they'd like to do Black Swordsman next. The sentence doesn't sense the other way (there's a lot of motivation for this project, so if box office results are good, Miura said Black Swordsman was out).

Gordy

I'm a llama!
new intersting screen for the second movie Doldrey Kōryaku!
http://allievo-tetsuo.blogspot.com/2012/02/berserk-movie-2-la-battaglia-di-dordrey.html
Argh I cannot wait anymore!
Sorry for my short post but i don't speak english very well..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gordy said:
new intersting screen for the second movie Doldrey Kōryaku!
http://allievo-tetsuo.blogspot.com/2012/02/berserk-movie-2-la-battaglia-di-dordrey.html
Argh I cannot wait anymore!
Sorry for my short post but i don't speak english very well..
dor7.png

Interesting sword Guts has there. Shouldn't that be broken? We've commented on it before, but with a more recent, updated shot, it now seems confirmed ...

For those wondering how much it took for the Berserk movie, it takes around 140,000$ for a 25 minute episode. So Berserk movie easily took over 600,000$

p.s Aria full is out in youtube. Not sure if the rules permit me to post it so I won't

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
The guard looks like it could be his post-doldrey sword, you can kind of make out the spike on the right side and the overall shape looks more like it than it does the raiders sword. I think they just made the blade look like his raiders sword, who the hell knows why. I don't know why they mess with stuff like that for no reason.

IncantatioN said:
Wouldn't make sense, there wasn't a replica on the side waiting to be wielded.

With some of the other minor changes made, I wouldn't be surprised if there's simply a line form Griffith or someone after the fight ssaying something like "Good work, we'll get you another sword *smile*" I don't know. I just think it is something quite easy to work around.

Draculoid said:
With some of the other minor changes made, I wouldn't be surprised if there's simply a line form Griffith or someone after the fight ssaying something like "Good work, we'll get you another sword *smile*" I don't know. I just think it is something quite easy to work around.

There could be all levels of speculation as to how he ends up with the sword. The most worrying aspect is that it's still his original sword, which means they could change the fight in which it becomes broken, meaning Zodd doesn't get involved. I'm hoping that's not the case.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
There could be all levels of speculation as to how he ends up with the sword. The most worrying aspect is that it's still his original sword, which means they could change the fight in which it becomes broken, meaning Zodd doesn't get involved. I'm hoping that's not the case.
Not just that. The thing that worries me is that Boscone will come across as a pushover. There's some real tension in that battle when Guts loses his sword. He thinks it might be over, and then the tables are suddenly turned. I hope they're able to keep that same dynamic in the movie, if they do indeed NOT break his sword.

Walter said:
Not just that. The thing that worries me is that Boscone will come across as a pushover. There's some real tension in that battle when Guts loses his sword. He thinks it might be over, and then the tables are suddenly turned. I hope they're able to keep that same dynamic in the movie, if they do indeed NOT break his sword.

Agreed, that's another fundamental part of that battle I neglected to mention. I think the character building aspect for Zodd in that battle is probably the first thing I thought of personally, since it really shows his intrigue in Guts as an adversary and/or his desire to keep him alive to see the eclipse.

Maybe you guys will think I'm living ignorantly in bliss, but I cannot in any way fathom them not having his sword break during that fight. My God I can only imagine that would be the laziest thing a studio would have ever done (...I know I know, probably not right?)

It could be laziness, to not make yet another 3D sword model for Guts. We can already tell he's wearing the wrong clothes, he's in his raider armor (which still has both pauldrons, something else lost against Boscone.) But then again, I assume they're going to condense a lot of the time between the battle of Doldrey and Guts rematch with Griffith. Especially since we haven't seen the queen or Foss... So this might factor into the clothes.

I agree that the high stakes from the Boscone fight are really diminished without the sword break. Especially after previously fighting the much more intimidating Zodd and 100 men. He shouldn't come off as a glorified Bazuso or Samson. Plus without Zodd's intervention,
we might miss out on the incredibly cool death of Boscone. Both horse and rider's head.
If the sword isn't broken, I hope they do something to make the battle memorable and difficult.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I don't find it to be laziness at all. It practically takes more effort to make a change like that. And as someone who models in 3D for a living, I can tell you that it would take two hours tops to make the new sword that he's supposed to be holding.

The damn thing better break; there's no reason for it not to... :mozgus:

I just found this: http://www.animania.de/animagic-news-single.html?&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=1448&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=16&cHash=69b6612d7f

It says that the first movie will have its Europe premiere at Bonn/Germany AnimagiC (German Anime Con) , July 27-29

Nildin said:
I just found this: http://www.animania.de/animagic-news-single.html?&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=1448&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=16&cHash=69b6612d7f

It says that the first movie will have its Europe premiere at Bonn/Germany AnimagiC (German Anime Con) , July 27-29

Really? That is actually quite shocking to me. I thought an international release would be a much longer delay.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nildin said:

The text itself, and the venue, seems a little suspect to me. I wonder how they secured the rights to air it without kicking up any official press about it?

Well Im not sure if and when they got the rights to air it. But it is on their official site of the convention so I think it is legit.
But it could be, that they just show the japanese bluray with subs.

Saephon said:
And as someone who models in 3D for a living, I can tell you that it would take two hours tops to make the new sword that he's supposed to be holding.

I stand corrected. I'm just trying to find a method to their madness.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ugh, and here I was hoping that was just part of the test footage/pilot. Even if the sword looks the same as the one Guts' wields during the taking of Doldrey, I can't imagine them fundamentally changing the fight with Boscone. They've removed major parts of the story, and tweaked some of the parts they're leaving in, but for the studio to change the way that particular duel ends...man, I hope they're not that ignorant.

Top Bottom