Berserk Saga Project News

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
It's been 7 days since the last result of the money the movie is making. Are the new results up yet? How can you check?
The financial results will come later, like Ryo said. However, here are the rankings from the weekend: http://jpboxofficewatch.tumblr.com/weekend

Berserk still not in top 10. :sad:

H

hellrasinbrasin

I assume the 1st film will end its run some time in April/May and by then we'll have an accurate Number. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if the 1st 2 films are re-released for a limited time preceding the premiere of the 3rd and final film.

I hope we get the DVD/Bluray before the end of May, or, what would be better is, both movies being released during June/July, that means we wouldn't have to wait for the second movie, and having to watch 2 of the movies at once? Fuck yeah

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Is it safe to assume, that by the time the 1st movie is dubbed, (wether we like it or not), and released, the 2nd movie will already be finished production? :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lord Leith said:
Is it safe to assume, that by the time the 1st movie is dubbed, (wether we like it or not), and released, the 2nd movie will already be finished production? :azan:

At this rate the second movie might be in theaters in Japan before the first one gets to foreign screens.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if they'll include Gaiseric's story in the third movie, during the descent into the bowels of the Tower of Rebirth... They'd better! :SK:

Walter said:
I wonder if they'll include Gaiseric's story in the third movie, during the descent into the bowels of the Tower of Rebirth... They'd better! :SK:

That would be... very cool! They've probably got enough to cram in there as it is though :(

Walter said:

I hope so! It's great foreshadowing, and just a great story. The omission of that and Wyald in the original anime really made the Eclipse come out of nowhere. :void:

Why would you worry about getting the release to your country first? IMO, watching it is the most important. And for that we only need the japanese blu ray release with some fansubs and ready to go, then ofc after it comes out you can collect it or w/e

They really need to add Gut's childhood at least for the DVD/Blu-ray release as extra 10-15 extended movie. If Lord of the Rings can do it so can Berserk. Berserk's first movie is way too short and light on story from looks of it. I know that I looking forward to the later arcs but hope Golden Age Arc is done right.

Negatives I see so far:
- Some of the CG in movie is horrible and lack compared to some video game cutscenes. Movement of Guts is horrible in first 10 minutes of the movie.
- 80 Minutes is way too short, Gut's childhood should have been added to make it 95-100 minutes at least. This really needs to be rectified by DVD/Blu-ray release maybe as extended movie.

Things they should keep in movies:
- Essential scenes of the manga
> Guts Childhood
> Sacrifice of all the Band of the Hawk and rape scene of Casca. SK saving Casca and Guts.
> Love scenes of Casca and Guts should be in it. Essential for their closeness.
> Scenes with Guts/Casca Child should be in it
> Guts going after God Hand in Blackswords Arc (When he fights Count and meets God Hand)
> All the scenes that show the beast within Guts
> Griffith getting his power and apostles for new Band of the Hawk

Keep out
> 3 attempts of Rape of Casca from Manga. 1 rape scene is enough. Casca should be shown as third strongest character in movie to make it work properly.
> Unessential scenes to the story.

In an other topic, I saw this around 8 months old post in what seems to be the first thread that says the anime is confirmed, and I saw this post

Quote from: Walter on July 19, 2011, 06:09:19 PM
BTW guys, we're launched a new section in light of the bustling activity on this thread the past month or so. Please think about thread ideas in the coming weeks and try to be constructive!

Which is why, among other things (like the fact no one's ever going to read a 50+ pages thread, the result of which is endlessly recurring discussions), we're now locking it down. You can all forthwith make dedicated threads for the anime-related topic you want to discuss. Enjoy!

I actually did lol, from page 1 to 53

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Joey said:
They really need to add Guts childhood at least for the DVD/Blu-ray release as extra 10-15 extended movie. If Lord of the Rings can do it so can Berserk. Berserk's first movie is way too short and light on story from looks of it. I know that I looking forward to the later arcs but hope Golden Age Arc is done right.
I agree, but I don't think this is a realistic expectation. They chose the starting point in the movie for a reason: It's an action sequence. It makes sense with the direction they chose, even if it's not accurate or fair to Guts' character. I don't think they're going to go back and re-animate it just to please fans.

- Essential scenes of the manga
So, all of them? :void:

SK saving Casca and Guts.
This is almost a foregone conclusion, based on the intro we see in the 10 minute clip. I wasn't necessarily worried that they'd leave that scene out anyway.

> Love scenes of Casca and Guts should be in it. Essential for their closeness.
> Scenes with Guts/Casca Child should be in it
> Guts going after God Hand in Blackswords Arc (When he fights Count and meets God Hand)
> All the scenes that show the beast within Guts
> Griffith getting his power and apostles for new Band of the Hawk
Not sure why you're worried about these things being excluded. These are all major points in the story. Your choices also seem arbitrary. You may as well also include: "Need to make sure Guts goes on a quest for revenge!"

I think people are giving the movie guys too little credit in terms of accuracy. I'd say they've been very faithful in adapting the series, if you consider that they simply start later in the Golden Age than the manga does. Their starting point is when Guts is 14 years old, and arrives at the castle siege. From that point on, the events that they've included have been very faithful. No removed sequences, and no additional fake sequences like in the animated TV show.

Keep out
> 3 attempts of Rape of Casca from Manga. 1 rape scene is enough. Casca should be shown as third strongest character in movie to make it work properly.
> Unessential scenes to the story.
Pffff... No words.

SuperVegetto said:
In an other topic, I saw this around 8 months old post in what seems to be the first thread that says the anime is confirmed, and  I saw this post

Yeah, and here we are back with a thread of more than 50 pages. Sigh... Causality is supposed to be a spiral, not a perfect circle! :mozgus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joey said:
They really need to add Guts childhood at least for the DVD/Blu-ray release as extra 10-15 extended movie. If Lord of the Rings can do it so can Berserk.

As I mentioned before, each movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy is 3 hours or more. That's why there's extended footage on the DVDs, because they had to cut the fat for the theatrical release to keep the movies from being unwatchable by the general public. In Berserk's case it's the opposite: the movies are relatively short. The comparison is just not pertinent. Not to mention that making a live action movie is a completely different process from making an animated one, which makes it a lot less likely for an animated movie to feature extended footage.

Joey said:
[...]

Keep out
[...]

:schierke:

SuperVegetto said:

Congratulations! Hope it was informative.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Walter said:

I'd like to think there's a good chance we'll get his backstory since Skully's a part of this adaptation.

SuperVegetto said:
we only need the japanese blu ray release with some fansubs and ready to go

I actually thought about something amusing today. I realized I've read the manga so many times, I could watch these movies in raw Japanese (and I know very little of the language) and still know exactly what's being said. :ganishka: And in the event that there are bad changes of dialogue from manga to film, I wouldn't know! So my naivety would be preferable. :griffnotevil:

Saephon said:
I'd like to think there's a good chance we'll get his backstory since Skully's a part of this adaptation.

I actually thought about something amusing today. I realized I've read the manga so many times, I could watch these movies in raw Japanese (and I know very little of the language) and still know exactly what's being said. :ganishka: And in the event that there are bad changes of dialogue from manga to film, I wouldn't know! So my naivety would be preferable. :griffnotevil:

I felt the same when watching the trailers. I didn't know some words but was pretty sure I could understand the majority that was being said, and I barely know any japanese.

EDIT: Walter and Direct DK's discussion on this page http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12735.1175 about that information in kanji, I had someone convert it into romaji but just saw he did it now, sorry for the delay.

So here it is: ŌgonJidai-hen ikō no kanōsei mo aru no deshō ka.
Eiga no kōgyō seiseki nado jōken wa aru kamoshiremasen ga, project toshite wa, yaruki manman desu! Miura-sensei kara mo, "Kuro Guts (Kuroi Kenshi)" wo yattekure to iu hanashi wa deteimashita.

Someone else also translated it to english: Do you think there's any possibility of continuing past the golden age arc?

Well we have to take into account how well the (first) movie does, but as far as the project itself, we can't wait! Miura-sensei even asked us to do the Black Swordsman arc for him.

P.s when did this official twitter open? http://twitter.com/#!/haiyaiforces Anybody knows what says in it?

Another edit: Damn, I'm always seeing new things and can't double post to bump this because of the rules, but look at what I found next, maybe someone has mentioned earlier.

"Susumu Hirasawa @ Hirasawa Reply Retweet Favorite - Open
Berserk afternoon before the release, published 2 new songs to the staff."
( Google translate on Hirasawa's tweeter )

2 new songs to the staff? Wut? xD

Can someone check if there's any important news in twitter, the Berserk project and most importantly Clara de Porras? She said she was gonna reveal news about the second movie some days ago.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Can someone check if there's any important news in twitter, the Berserk project and most importantly Clara de Porras? She said she was gonna reveal news about the second movie some days ago.
There's no need to ask for a progress report. You'd have heard about it here, but Clara hasn't said anything noteworthy in over a week.

Walter said:
There's no need to ask for a progress report. You'd have heard about it here, but Clara hasn't said anything noteworthy in over a week.

Oh ok. I'm most interested on the money the movie made, if they think that's successful enough and the date the DVD/Bluray will be released. Hope we find them out soon.

http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/?yr=2012&wk=08&p=.htm Even this week! Where the hell is Berserk? :mozgus:
Did they stop airing or something ? :mozgus:

SuperVegetto said:
http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/?yr=2012&wk=08&p=.htm Even this week! Where the hell is Berserk? :mozgus:
Did they stop airing or something ? :mozgus:

I haven't been able to find any information about it. ANN simply stated "Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler), the first film in the three-part retelling of the Golden Age arc of Kentaro Miura's manga fell from Box Office Mojo's chart during its third weekend. "

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-28/japanese-box-office-february-18-19

Hopefully the next news we hear is something about a DVD/Blu release.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's not that hard to follow guys. The movie hasn't been in the top 15 box office numbers since the second week (Feb 11-12), so the finances haven't been tracked since then.

Top Bottom