Berserk Saga Project News

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
I was referring to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZNCd62XLc
Yeah, that's more like a featurette than a trailer. And sure, I expect we'll get similar things for movies 2 and 3. No reason not to, really. I didn't find that clip particularly great though. However I really appreciated the 10-minute preview we were given on the day the movie launched in Japan. More than any other promotional clip, that gave us a good understanding of how this adaptation was going to flow and feel like.

To move the conversation forward a bit, it seems that based on the trailer, Movie 2 will cover [italics indicate doubt]:

-Battle with Adon (maybe?)
-Guts rescuing Casca
-100 Man Fight
-Doldrey
-The Ball
-Potential assassination of the conspirators (though we've yet to be shown the Queen or Foss... just sayin...)
-Duel in the snow
-Griffith and Charlotte
-Hawks are outlawed
-Griffith's torture, losing the Beherit

That last part is a perfect way to end the movie.

Though this still leaves Movie 3 with a lot of ground to cover, including Guts' time away from the Hawks, his triumphant return, potential Silat battle (probably not), infiltrating Wyndham, Bakiraka battle (probably not), Wyald (maybe?), Hawks lose hope, Eclipse, aftermath.

Thankfully, movie 3 is the longest of the bunch.

Walter said:
-Potential assassination of the conspirators (though we've yet to be shown the Queen or Foss... just sayin...)

El12x.png

Isn't that the queen on the right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
thedigitalsin said:
Isn't that the queen on the right?
Ah yes, indeed. Though if all that we've been shown of her is the back of her head, then the question still lingers as to whether there will be a conspirators plot. They've gotta have that, right?

The queen and Foss are relatively large players in this section of the series. If they were to be included in the movie, I imagine we'd have seen a glimpse of them in the trailer.

Damn, they cut out so much stuff that plays role in the future, like Foss... What the hell do they think when they do this? :mozgus: I hope they can correct these somehow...

Walter said:
Though this still leaves Movie 3 with a lot of ground to cover, including Guts' time away from the Hawks, his triumphant return, potential Silat battle (probably not), infiltrating Wyndham, Bakiraka battle (probably not), Wyald (maybe?), Hawks lose hope, Eclipse, aftermath.
I think they can't cut out the Silat battle... They featured him in the character chart, wearing the same turban he wore in book 9, so I guess, at least the second fight will be included. But I think this isn't that much content in time, they will probably shorten or cut out the Wyald battle, but other than that, I think the time is enough to include all these.

I would have thought Silat being on the character page on the official web site would confirm his inclusion? To what extent would remain to be seen. It's the lack of Wyald on that page that concerns me.

Edit: Gill just brought this up as I was posting

I remain hopeful that we'll see Foss too, he's quite an important character when it comes to learning about Griffiths cunning and avoiding his own death at the ball, I'd hate to see them change that scene and cut Foss out of the picture.

JezzaX said:
I remain hopeful that we'll see Foss too, he's quite an important character when it comes to learning about Griffiths cunning and avoiding his own death at the ball, I'd hate to see them change that scene and cut Foss out of the picture.

Foss wasn't in the first movie?

I wouldn't mind the studio not showing the Bakiraka fight really. It's not really necessary and I'd rather see more important things like Wyald or the Eclipse not being rushed

Gill said:
Damn, they cut out so much stuff that plays role in the future, like Foss... What the hell do they think when they do this? :mozgus: I hope they can correct these somehow...
I think they can't cut out the Silat battle... They featured him in the character chart, wearing the same turban he wore in book 9, so I guess, at least the second fight will be included. But I think this isn't that much content in time, they will probably shorten or cut out the Wyald battle, but other than that, I think the time is enough to include all these.

Like, you know, budget?

RyoGTO said:
Foss wasn't in the first movie?

Not to my knowledge, I don't believe so. He's also not featured on the character screen. Although, this doesn't mean he's eliminated completely, as the queen isn't on there either and there's at least an image showing she's in the second film. I'm hoping we see that character page updated sometime soon.

SuperVegetto said:
I wouldn't mind the studio not showing the Bakiraka fight really. It's not really necessary and I'd rather see more important things like Wyald or the Eclipse not being rushed

I can appreciate that no one wants the Eclipse to be rushed or for Wyald to be cut out (I certainly want to see him), but I would say it's probably more likely they would cut Wyald from the film than the Bakiraka, as the Bakiraka still hold place later in the manga compared to Wyald being eliminated prior to the eclipse. And as mentioned above, Silat is there on the character page.

JezzaX said:
Not to my knowledge, I don't believe so. He's also not featured on the character screen. Although, this doesn't mean he's eliminated completely, as the queen isn't on there either and there's at least an image showing she's in the second film. I'm hoping we see that character page updated sometime soon.

I can appreciate that no one wants the Eclipse to be rushed or for Wyald to be cut out (I certainly want to see him), but I would say it's probably more likely they would cut Wyald from the film than the Bakiraka, as the Bakiraka still hold place later in the manga compared to Wyald being eliminated prior to the eclipse. And as mentioned above, Silat is there on the character page.

Damn, I hope they show Wyald... even if they rush it a lot, he has probably the most badass introduction in the history of literature

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I'm really glad the King was shown whipping Griffith in the trailer. As disturbing as it is, I really hope they do justice to his motivations in hating Griffith. It's crucial in setting up future events regarding Midland's fall and The Falcon of Light.

Just after I bought a Berserk case too. I might have to get these though, they're subtle and stylish. I quite like the beherit one.

Edit: thinking on it, I would have thought they would best be in the merchandise section? Just sayin' :troll:

That Behelit and black Hawks cases pretty cool,too bad i have android :D..there were also some news posted about radio or something,i guess another promotial event

Nice. Now I have to buy more Berserk stuff :mozgus: but damn that black band of the hawks looks badass.
Anyone knows how much they cost and if they are made by Art of War or someone else?

Lukis said:
That Beherit and black Hawks cases pretty cool,too bad i have android :D..there were also some news posted about radio or something,i guess another promotial event

Yeah how about they show some love for other phones for once.

Lukis said:
Price is 2000 yen I think

They're ¥2,625 and limited to 2000 each. That pretty much means I'm going to be ordering one of each.

You can find a bit more info about the cases here http://www.ccp.jp/goods/phonecase.html and here http://blog.livedoor.jp/ccp_ism/

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
StarKodama said:
Nope. None of the conspirators were. :femto:

WTF? So Julius decides to kill Griffith on his own, without any prompting from Foss? He better be in the 2nd film; it's not like he disappears after the Golden Age.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
StarKodama said:
That's exactly right. I kinda doubt if he'll be in the movies at all...
As I feared...

You guys that saw the movie have really been holding out on the changes :carcus: I demand a full report! :azan:

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Yeah Foss' absence is incredibly discouraging. What possible reason would cause them to make that change? Even two minutes of screen time would have been fine. There are so many things that this could ruin. God dammit.

That's why I was worried about the absence of Foss before, but you guys were too busy with Gambino :puck:
SuperVegetto said:
Like, you know, budget?
He's not something you can just cut out because of bugdet... They stated that they want to animate the whole manga, and Foss appears later several times (I know he doesn't play a big role later, but still...)
If they cut out this conspiration part (which was completely mind-blowing and awesome) to have time for the action (which is important, too, but that's the part I'd rather shorten or cut...) :mozgus:

Top Bottom