Berserk Saga Project News

berserkfan said:
As long as Miura is alright with it, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. With Miura approving of all the changes, there's no way they can hit a dead end in terms of the plot.

Miura may have approved for the anime to go ahead and from memory, he thought well of the fight scenes (If someone can clarify this with a quote, then please do). But it's unlikely Miura would say something negative about the production as it would only work against him to give bad press to an anime that is just getting off the ground, especially if it's lining his pockets. He would just be shooting himself in the foot.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
IncantatioN said:
Saw this on their site today - http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=656

Yeah it was on their facebook page too. But I know nothing so I dunno if it's interesting info or just casual rambling...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Yeah it was on their facebook page too. But I know nothing so I dunno if it's interesting info or just casual rambling...
The cast and crew talking after a film festival about the movie trilogy. Says they were excited about the various things shown in the upcoming movie that are true to the manga, such as the 100-man-fight, Charlotte and Griffith's love scene, etc. The director also says that regarding the third movie, the Eclipse seemed like an impossible task, but he thinks it turned out very well.*

*Based on my poor understanding of Japanese.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
damn it. Today was the last day of that film festival here. :mozgus:

God I hope we get the three of them next year at Fantasia festival. There's a chance too since we got that batman animation and lots of other anime that never got out in theaters.

Something interesting to note coming from Media Blasters' Facebook page:

We wanted to [release the TV series on Blu-ray] but whoever releases the new movies will probably do them. They are waiting on the movies to be completed.

thedigitalsin said:
Something interesting to note coming from Media Blasters' Facebook page:

This could be seen as both good and bad news. It means there could be a delay with a western release of both the Blu Ray of the 97 series and the new films, but it means that another company, who are likely to do a better job, might pick it up.

On a side note, I'm loving Walter's new display pic. :guts:

SuperVegetto said:
I know you said Media Blasters but can't find that comment anywhere in their page :sad:
Where did you see it exactly?

It's sandwiched somewhere in the "Recent Posts by Others on Media Blasters FB Page" section. Here's the permalink: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=266460343437226&id=134953719921223

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I perused the Japanese forums for a bit and came back armed with some new information:

-(information removed due to unreliable source) since the last time we heard numbers on it, back in February 11. To me, it indicates a steady stream of cash, but not necessarily a huge hit.

-http://akiba-souken.com/special/2011/berserk/p4.html (shows some new production photos of both Movie 1 and 2. Worth checking out).

Walter said:
I perused the Japanese forums for a bit and came back armed with some new information:

-(information removed due to unreliable source) since the last time we heard numbers on it, back in February 11. To me, it indicates a steady stream of cash, but not necessarily a huge hit.

-http://akiba-souken.com/special/2011/berserk/p4.html (shows some new production photos of both Movie 1 and 2. Worth checking out).

Wonderful, Walter--Thank you for this information. I wanted to get an idea on what Movie 1 grossed for a while now.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RyoGTO said:
Wonderful, Walter--Thank you for this information. I wanted to get an idea on what Movie 1 grossed for a while now.
Well, it's still not for certain. The source is from a japanese movie journalist's Twitter. I'm not sure how reliable the guy is. Furthermore, I still don't have a solid figure on its final earnings. It seems these kind of numbers are held close to the vest in the industry, unless the movie hangs in the top 10 for some time, it's hard to get firm numbers... Kind of frustrating for us fans who are trying to track its success. After trying to chase down these numbers for close to an hour, I have to say that the box office in Japan just depresses me...

I'm not even sure Berserk is airing still in Japan.

On the bright side, here are some very clean screens of Movie 1. Sure, we've all seen them a few dozen times at this point, but never this high of quality.

berserkhigh1.jpg

berserkhigh2.jpg

berserkhigh3.jpg

berserkhigh4.jpg

berserkhigh5.jpg

The only thing significant here is that you can see Guts handling the Beherit, confirming that this scene, after the fight with Zodd, is conflated with the bath scene where Griffith tells him about the Beherit. We knew it already, of course.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
The only thing significant here is that you can see Guts handling the Beherit, confirming that this scene, after the fight with Zodd, is conflated with the bath scene where Griffith tells him about the Beherit. We knew it already, of course.

As noted the first time we considered the combining of those scenes, they take place 3 years apart. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Just curious, what was the cash the movie made according to that unreliable source?
It wasn't just unreliable, I realized he was using bullshit logic to make his point. He was asserting that since it made X on the first 9 days, it'd make X by now. Trust me when I say that I want the numbers too, but I removed it for a reason. I want this site to stay accurate and not use conjecture.

Walter said:
It wasn't just unreliable, I realized he was using bullshit logic to make his point. He was asserting that since it made X on the first 9 days, it'd make X by now. Trust me when I say that I want the numbers too, but I removed it for a reason. I want this site to stay accurate and not use conjecture.

Yeah I understand. And looks like that really was bullshit logic and assumption.

Walter said:
After trying to chase down these numbers for close to an hour, I have to say that the box office in Japan just depresses me...

I'm not even sure Berserk is airing still in Japan.
That does suck, thanks for sharing the info Walter and the hi-res pictures, they look fantastic.

The Berserk Film Facebook site had this update in the morning - "沢山お問合せをいただいている海外公開についてですが、決定しましたらこちらでお知らせしますね。

Hello!
Regards to the film's release outside of Japan is not yet settled. We would announce here when the time has come. please wait!!"

Nothing new but just posting the message here.

Here's an article posted on Comic Natalie which shows Miura's special cover for the BD release as well as some information about the other extras included.

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/67226

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Julalien said:
Here's an article posted on Comic Natalie which shows Miura's special cover for the BD release as well as some information about the other extras included.

Okay, that's pretty fucking awesome. Wish I'd preordered...

berserk-bluray.jpg

It makes a mockery of the actual movie cover.

Julalien said:

1282786204310.jpg

OMG, so awesome. I have to get this, it's first press release damn, dunno if I can get it in time, might have to wait some weeks :( but that really looks badass

SuperVegetto said:
OMG, so awesome. I have to get this, it's first press release damn, dunno if I can get it in time, might have to wait some weeks :( but that really looks badass

Yeah. That cover is just gorgeous. I feel terrible for the animators working on this project having to adapt Miura's art. No way it was going to be done properly. Despite that, I still feel like the primary character designs aren't as bad as what we could have gotten (Thinking back to that recent BD box cover for the television series...).

The first press release is currently still available off of CD Japan. Not sure if that's true if you're ordering through Amazon.jp but I would imagine that your chances are good that you'll still get Miura's cover even if you end up pre-ordering it sometime in May.

Being slightly obsessive when it comes to this series (the love of my life) I've got a copy pre-ordered off of both CD Japan and Amazon. :void:

Top Bottom