Berserk Saga Project News

Good news for russian-speaking SK members (if there are some :troll:) - http://reanimedia.ru/news_05_04_2012.html

"Reanimedia" company officially announces purchasing of exclusive license (cinema/dvd/bluray/tv rights)
for "Berserk" movie series production in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Baltic countries

I wonder how much such rights would cost ? :???:
Anyway, we might get a theatrical release here, too!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JezzaX said:
Get a high resolution print made, simple!

I didn't even think of that. Hmmm...I might just try that out.

voodoo_sh said:
Good news for russian-speaking SK members (if there are some :troll:) - http://reanimedia.ru/news_05_04_2012.html

"Reanimedia" company officially announces purchasing of exclusive license (cinema/dvd/bluray/tv rights)
for "Berserk" movie series production in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Baltic countries

That's awesome news! Hopefully, the U.S. will be getting a theatrical release soon, too.

voodoo_sh said:

Wait, TV rights?

Holy crap. I wish Digitalb ( the platform I use, it's pretty good actually despite being from an awful country ) did the same after it was released, but they would probably dub it so that would be horrible.

Anyway, I'm excited for Berserk reappearing in TV as a story again, even if I won't be able to watch it

And wtf is with this edit
tumblr_m0w0tkvkNu1r3sr6bo1_500.jpg
ROFL

Has anyone noticed how some characters in the opening look so similar with the manga? Like this

550120_427742470575081_100000179967958_1906749_1886456318_n.jpg

I thought they drew them themselves, but when you look at it closely, that's Miura's artstyle, so did they get the photos out of the manga or something? Not sure at all here

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Has anyone noticed how some characters in the opening look so similar with the manga? Like this

I thought they drew them themselves, but when you look at it closely, that's Miura's artstyle, so did they get the photos out of the manga or something? Not sure at all here
It's no mystery, that's art directly from the manga.

thedigitalsin said:
Japan and US have the same region when it comes to Blu-ray so you should be safe.

CD Japan also have the Blu Ray listed as region free, so it should work on any Blu Ray player, regardless of region.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Something was posted on the film's website today in the news section. I don't know if it's interesting stuff but wanted to let you guys know..

Edit: I think they are talking about some contest and announcing the winners at the release of the film...

Here's what just popped up on their FB page 3 mins ago -

Hello, BERSERK fans around the world!! Today is the day!
We are thrilled to announce that "BERSERK: The Golden Age Arc Ⅰ-The Egg of the King" will be distributed in 16 countries around the world!

Following are the 16 countries;
North America, Canada, Russia, UK, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherland, Sweden, Australia, South Korea

The release dates are not yet locked in any country, so we would announce here when it is ready.

★Comments from the distributors.

Brian Ige, Vice President, VIZ Media (Distributor of North America)

"BERSERK: THE GOLDEN AGE ARC is highly anticipated among North American fans, and we're thrilled for the opportunity to bring this visceral and breathtaking film trilogy to our audience. A complex storyline set in a foreboding medieval European-inspired setting, combined with exquisite swordplay and intense battle sequences rendered in high definition makes this perfect for all action connoisseurs. We invite fans to catch the debut of BERSERK: THE GOLDEN AGE ARC I - THE EGG OF THE KING, coming this fall!"

CARLO LEVY, CEO, DYBEX  (Distributor of Europe)

Berserk has enjoyed a decade long of success in its manga form; its appeal to european fans derives certainly from its fabulous story of friendship, love, ambition, betrayal and revenge, as well as its setting in the dark ages of a european style universe. This, combined with Kentarou Miura's fantasy and magical elements, bring to life the long lost age of european chivalry and arthurian legends in a unique manner, never seen before since John Boorman's acclaimed classic "Excalibur".

北米・ヨーロッパを中心とする世界16カ国にて、『ベルセルク 黄金時代篇Ⅰ 覇王の卵』の配給が決定しました!

現在、『ベルセルク 黄金時代篇Ⅰ 覇王の卵』の配給が決定しているのは以下の16カ国。
アメリカ、カナダ、ロシア、イギリス、フランス、ドイツ、オーストリア、イタリア、スイス、スペイン、ポルトガル、ベルギー、オランダ、スウェーデン、オーストラリア、韓国。

詳細は公式サイトにて!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
North America is a country? :troll:

All kidding aside, this confirms what we've learned regarding the U.S. release by Viz.

I'm only getting the Japanese BD, I can't even play it anyway but just want to collect it, it also has limited edition bonuses so it's better. As for really watching the movie I'll watch it fansubbed. I enjoy anime best when I watch it fansubbed, or by Crunchyroll. But already gave the money to a relative to order the BD for me from where he lives, since I can't from my country.

Here's an article posted on Clara's twitter, dated April 10 - http://animeanime.jp/article/2012/04/10/9854.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Top Bottom