Berserk Saga Project News

Those posters are seriously killing me , i thought this one was ok
319857_429957850354237_410706485612707_1960818_1706740648_n.jpg

then i noticed :SK: ,its probably for sale purposes,like someone sees poster and thinks ''aw god ,theres an hairy monster in back and skeleton who rides horse,with girly looking guy and manly lloking guy 0_0,got to see this'' :troll: and what follows after seeing movie would be this
desk%20flip.png
,but he would think movie was still good without them ^^

Lukis said:
Those posters are seriously killing me , i thought this one was ok
then i noticed :SK: ,its probably for sale purposes,like someone sees poster and thinks ''aw god ,theres an hairy monster in back and skeleton who rides horse,with girly looking guy and manly lloking guy 0_0,got to see this'' :troll: and what follows after seeing movie would be this ,but he would think movie was still good without them ^^

What would follow after the movie would be more hair and an organ 2 inches longer

If you know what I mean :carcus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
After listening to the latest episode of SkullKast, I would be so down for meeting up in San Francisco to watch the first film as a group. I live near Seattle, so that's a pretty quick flight for me, and would give me a chance to use some of the miles I've earned from my Alaskan Airlines credit card. :guts:

I got some new promo posters through the post today. I don't know if some of the images on the reverse have been shared here previously, so I thought I would post them up :serpico:

582060_10150681661475963_516025962_9493956_1530546465_n.jpg

577894_10150681660900963_516025962_9493955_128813569_n.jpg

DirectDK said:
WOW! that's truly awesome!!! Quick for sure! I'm jealous! CMON USA, step it up!!!!!!

Seriously! I'm very happy for the Berserk fans in Russia and the UK though. I wonder how many other countries are going to get to see them on the big screen?

I'm hoping against hope that if the movies aren't given a theatrical release here in the states that at least some of the cons will be showing them, (preferably in my area! :guts: )

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JezzaX said:
I got some new promo posters through the post today. I don't know if some of the images on the reverse have been shared here previously, so I thought I would post them up :serpico:

Thanks, JezzaX!

It's hard to tell if that picture of Gennon is from right before the Falcons attack Doldrey, or if it's from the flashback scene. If it's from the flashback scene, I guess they changed his hair color completely. If so, that's a pretty strange decision. Maybe the director just liked his look better? Whatever the reason, I would've preferred they stuck as close to the manga as possible.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It's hard to tell if that picture of Gennon is from right before the Falcons attack Doldrey, or if it's from the flashback scene.
It looks like the mountains of Doldrey are in the background. But who knows.

That's crazy about the Russians getting the movie first. I'm pretty jealous, you damn Reds! :void:

Yeah I have to say I am not pleased with the various movie posters stepping outside of the content of the movie with this "foreshadowing" business--showing characters/events that will not even be in that particular movie. To put something that isn't even in a particular movie at all, let alone blow it up as 1/3rd of the poster, just seems totally ridiculous. There is no (good) reason to put the Eclipse, the crying Beherit, Skull Knight or anything like this on a movie poster that they aren't even in.

On another note, it is really great to see Berserk getting such early releases in other countries--especially (limited) theatrical releases! Wonderful. :D

RyoGTO said:
Yeah I have to say I am not pleased with the various movie posters stepping outside of the content of the movie with this "foreshadowing" business--showing characters/events that will not even be in that particular movie. To put something that isn't even in a particular movie at all, let alone blow it up as 1/3rd of the poster, just seems totally ridiculous. There is no (good) reason to put the Eclipse, the crying Beherit, Skull Knight or anything like this on a movie poster that they aren't even in.

On another note, it is really great to see Berserk getting such early releases in other countries--especially (limited) theatrical releases! Wonderful. :D

Well I'll ask you this, if foreshadowing is such a problem, what about the boat-load of teasers we got to see in the opening credits? That was one of the reasons why people got so fired up about the 10 min preview. I like that they're dropping hints as teases for events in the future. Gives the fan base something to look forward to(If its possible to look forward to the Eclipse). Anyways we can assume that anyone who is new to the series, will find out about the eclipse one way or another.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
Well I'll ask you this, if foreshadowing is such a problem, what about the boat-load of teasers we got to see in the opening credits? That was one of the reasons why people got so fired up about the 10 min preview. I like that they're dropping hints as teases for events in the future. Gives the fan base something to look forward to(If its possible to look forward to the Eclipse). Anyways we can assume that anyone who is new to the series, will find out about the eclipse one way or another.
New viewers will see the cover, wonder who that skull guy is, watch it, then still wonder who that skull guy is. Then they'll go watch movie 2, and STILL be wondering who that skull guy is :badbone:.

In my opinion it's just lazy marketing, playing their cards too early.

Truder said:
Maybe they're just saying "Hey loyal fans, Skullknight is in this project! :griffnotevil:"

I think most loyal fans would have discovered this from various other sources, such as the commercial films that were first shown during the manga advertisements and if they had browsed through the official web site. Having skull knight on a poster that's aimed at the first film and their new audience makes no sense.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
JezzaX said:
Having skull knight on a poster that's aimed at the first film and their new audience makes no sense.
He sure looks sexy though! :carcus:

He will single-handedly bring in all the ladies.

I see people talking about posters being misleading but didn't the narrator in the end of the trailer of the second movie say: "Farewell Griffith" ?

If so that's way more misleading than any poster lol

SuperVegetto said:
I see people talking about posters being misleading but didn't the narrator in the end of the trailer of the second movie say: "Farewell Griffith" ?

If so that's way more misleading than any poster lol

Not really, that would be Guts saying his farewell to Griffith after leaving the Falcons towards the end of the film. If you think it's misleading in the sense that could represent Griffith's death, then the scenes of Griffith being tortured in the trailer add to the that and would only cause intrigue among audiences unaware of what happens in the film, in order to provoke them to watch it. I wouldn't say that's in any way misleading as the meaning behind that quote would be resolved when watching the film.

EDIT: I could be wrong, it could in fact be the King saying it after leaving Griffith to be tortured (anyone care to clarify?), but the voice is gruff enough to be compared with Guts.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JezzaX said:
EDIT: I could be wrong, it could in fact be the King saying it after leaving Griffith to be tortured (anyone care to clarify?), but the voice is gruff enough to be compared with Guts.

It sounds like Guts to me.

It was definitely the narrator saying farewell, and how would people new to Berserk understand whether it was Guts leaving or Griffith dying after seeing him all bloody like that?

And yes, it could be to provoke people to watch it, but I never said it was bad did I?

SuperVegetto said:
It was definitely the narrator saying farewell, and how would people new to Berserk understand whether it was Guts leaving or Griffith dying after seeing him all bloody like that?

And yes, it could be to provoke people to watch it, but I never said it was bad did I?

I am fairly confident that is not a narrator, but a sound clip from the film itself. The fact the audience wouldn't know if it was Griffith dying or not is the very reason the trailer raises intrigue for a new audience, they must watch the film to find out what happens (or read the manga if they're impatient), it isn't misleading for anyone as they will find out when they watch the film. That poster however is incorporating characters that aren't even featured in the film that early on, that's like shoving Yoda or Ewoks on a poster for A New Hope, it makes no sense.

I never said you accused it of being bad, just more misleading than that poster, which I disagree with.

JezzaX said:
I am fairly confident that is not a narrator, but a sound clip from the film itself. The fact the audience wouldn't know if it was Griffith dying or not is the very reason the trailer raises intrigue for a new audience, they must watch the film to find out what happens (or read the manga if they're impatient), it isn't misleading for anyone as they will find out when they watch the film. That poster however is incorporating characters that aren't even featured in the film that early on, that's like shoving Yoda or Ewoks on a poster for A New Hope, it makes no sense.

I never said you accused it of being bad, just more misleading than that poster, which I disagree with.

The voice saying "saraba Griffith" or w/e is totally different from Guts. And I can't really think of any other character with that kind of voice who'd say that. It was the same guy talking through the trailer.

SuperVegetto said:
The voice saying "saraba Griffith" or w/e is totally different from Guts. And I can't really think of any other character with that kind of voice who'd say that. It was the same guy talking through the trailer.

What guy talking through the trailer? As far as I can tell, there is no narrator, the only dialogue is excerpts from individual characters. Whilst I agree to an extent that the voice doesn't sound completely like Guts, the gravelly way in which "Griffith" is said leads me to believe it is said by him.

JezzaX said:
What guy talking through the trailer? As far as I can tell, there is no narrator, the only dialogue is excerpts from individual characters. Whilst I agree to an extent that the voice doesn't sound completely like Guts, the gravelly way in which "Griffith" is said leads me to believe it is said by him.

lolwut? I might have used the wrong words when I said throughout the trailer but the voice starts at 1:10, talks a little and then says Saraba Griffith at the end, and there's no way in hell that's Guts or his voice actor. The voice is completely different, like a 50 year old man's voice.

SuperVegetto said:
lolwut? I might have used the wrong words when I said throughout the trailer but the voice starts at 1:10, talks a little and then says Saraba Griffith at the end, and there's no way in hell that's Guts or his voice actor. The voice is completely different, like a 50 year old man's voice.

You seem to be changing the point you're getting at. Initially your point was that the excerpt was misleading and said it was a narrators voice (which is highly unlikely as none of the theatrical trailers, minus the television commercials, have had a narrator) and now you're just saying it's not Guts voice, which I already said I was unsure of since it could be the king. The point I'm making is, it's NOT misleading and it IS a characters voice and not a narrator. The chances are it is Guts' voice but due to how the line is executed it raised a question because it doesn't sound exactly like Guts' voice actor but upon listening to it a little more I'm fairly sure it is.

Regardless, this dispute has evolved into something completely different from the original point. I stand by the fact saying "Farewell Griffith" is no more misleading than anything else uttered in the trailers and it's certainly nowhere near as misleading as that poster, even if it was uttered by a narrator, which it's not.

JezzaX said:
You seem to be changing the point you're getting at. Initially your point was that the excerpt was misleading and said it was a narrators voice (which is highly unlikely as none of the theatrical trailers, minus the television commercials, have had a narrator) and now you're just saying it's not Guts voice, which I already said I was unsure of since it could be the king. The point I'm making is, it's NOT misleading and it IS a characters voice and not a narrator. The chances are it is Guts' voice but due to how the line is executed it raised a question because it doesn't sound exactly like Guts' voice actor but upon listening to it a little more I'm fairly sure it is.

Regardless, this dispute has evolved into something completely different from the original point. I stand by the fact saying "Farewell Griffith" is no more misleading than anything else uttered in the trailers and it's certainly nowhere near as misleading as that poster, even if it was uttered by a narrator, which it's not.

Which character's voice it is then? And that voice is also in the end of the first trailer btw when he says " As the ties bind deeper, the footsteps of ruin draw closer "

SuperVegetto said:
Which character's voice it is then? And that voice is also in the end of the first trailer btw when he says " As the ties bind deeper, the footsteps of ruin draw closer "

In fact, I hadn't actually noticed that. There's no real way to determine which character's voice, I guess we'll find out when we see the film, but since "Farewell Griffith" is said while Guts is being shown in motion on screen it would lead you to believe it is said from his perspective. In any case it leaves things very open ended since saying "Farewell" doesn't necessarily mean it would result in Griffith's death, thus it's not exactly misleading.

Top Bottom