Berserk Saga Project News

SuperVegetto said:
I really doubt it's a character's voice at all. Could easily be just a guy who talks in the trailers, nothing more

I think it's Guts voice as long as Guts is leaving the band of the hawks in the 2nd movie. And I don't think that that line is as misleading as the posters (the US ones at least).

Dragonfly said:
I think it's Guts voice as long as Guts is leaving the band of the hawks in the 2nd movie. And I don't think that that line is as misleading as the posters (the US ones at least).

How is that Guts' voice? It doesn't sound like Guts at all.

SuperVegetto said:
I really doubt it's a character's voice at all. Could easily be just a guy who talks in the trailers, nothing more

Even if it is, I fail to see how it's the least bit misleading.

On another note I just got a tweet from Kaze UK, this kind of confirms those of us living in and around London should have something to look forward to

319739_10150686853160963_516025962_9510499_1648431531_n.jpg

The way this is going, theatrical release in outside Japan and DVD/BD in 16 countries, Berserk is probably gonna become mainstream. Well maybe not, but still it'll be way more popular

Truder said:
I'm regaining hope that Berserk will gain a bunch of popularity. :ubik:

With so many volumes of the manga sold and so many people from years ago going on about how they want to see a next season of the anime, I think it's mostly awareness for a lot of anime fans that have been out of the loop, not to mention the 10+ years of a younger audience who have yet to be acquainted to the series. I have at least 6 people who have agreed to see it with me at the theatre already, two of which have only seen the trailer and nothing else to do with Berserk, so it should be interesting to use them as an experiment for a newcomers impressions :serpico:

I think there should be some significant buzz circling around the series throughout the latter part of this year. With Dragon's Dogma getting good press as well, it bodes quite well for that series to create more Berserk awareness.

The bluray from Cd Japan cost me 85 euros. Am I the only one who had to give that much on it?

Edit: Nvm I see the shipping was way more expensive than I expected

A new post on the Berserk Film Facebook page:

'Getting amped up for the call with Dark Horse this week. Like this post if you follow the Berserk manga.'
https://www.facebook.com/BerserkFilm

Will there be a change of manga publisher or is this something they do often, like every year? Or is this for some whole new announcement?
Anybody know anything more?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
A new post on the Berserk Film Facebook page:

'Getting amped up for the call with Dark Horse this week. Like this post if you follow the Berserk manga.'
https://www.facebook.com/BerserkFilm

Will there be a change of manga publisher or is this something they do often, like every year? Or is this for some whole new announcement?
Anybody know anything more?
Dunno. Could just be a deal to publish promotional material for the movie. Doesn't sound like something to get too excited about, though.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Maybe Dark Horse will release some sort of Collected Edition for the Golden Age Arc in relation to the North American release of the films.

hellrasinbrasin said:
Maybe Dark Horse will release some sort of Collected Edition for the Golden Age Arc in relation to the North American release of the films.

Is there a precedent for that for a movie that doesn't make it to theaters?

They commented to that post:
We're just gonna nerd out on Berserk that's all. We also tend to have our San Diego Comic Con booths next to each other each year. So maybe we can do some fun stuff there. Hmm what to do?

hellrasinbrasin said:

Maybe they'll finally release volume 30 in quality paper stock

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lukis said:
They commented to that post:
We're just gonna nerd out on Berserk that's all. We also tend to have our San Diego Comic Con booths next to each other each year. So maybe we can do some fun stuff there. Hmm what to do?
I see... This is what comes from posting "news" from a Facebook update. Keep it classy, folks.

Edi

Sorry for my bad English...
"The Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler"
"The Golden Age Arc I: The Egg of the King" (VIZ)

"The Golden Age Arc I: The High King's Egg" [!] :ganishka:

71rntf7fm4L._AA1319_.jpg

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
That's terrible, eventually it will be "The Golden Age Arc I: The High Ruler Supreme King's Egg Salad" which sounds like a Denny's food option.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Truder said:
That's terrible, eventually it will be "The Golden Age Arc I: The High Ruler Supreme King's Egg Salad" which sounds like a Denny's food option.
I can see it now. Dennys commercials featuring the cast of Berserk.

Locus the Moonlight knight prefers "Moon's" over my hammy! :troll:

I got nothing. I'm going to bed.

So, something I am confused on, because there is so much information on it out there:
1. Is this getting a US Release
2. Will it have English language like the previous Berserk?
3. Any idea of release dates to USA?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Salibu said:
So, something I am confused on, because there is so much information on it out there:

Answers: 1) Yes at some point by Viz.
2) We don't know yet for no information has been release so far about the American release (other then Viz acquiring the rights)
3) None so far, if I'm not wrong they are waiting for the release date of part III to announced the dates of the first part. They only said it would happen sometime this fall.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Salibu said:
They responded to a couple of people's questions on their facebook page on the topic of bringing back the Media Blasters VAs:

http://www.facebook.com/BerserkFilm/posts/430281763655179
and
http://www.facebook.com/BerserkFilm/posts/430585733624782

so they're obviously planning on recording a dub, whoever the actors end up being.

H

hellrasinbrasin

The DVD Cover was posted 2 pages back but I don't believe the case art was so here it is.

VPXV-71219.jpg

Top Bottom