Berserk Saga Project News

My copies of the film arrived to my US mailbox. Now I have to wait 4days to a week more to get it as it will be forwarded from there to where I live. Damn I'm excited! :ubik:

Read in animenewsnetwork :
Andrew Partridge confirmed to ANN that it will include a 5-minute preview of the film, Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler (Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago), which Kaze has licensed.

JezzaX ..seems like you and others who will attend this will be able to check out eng dub,probably ;D

Lukis said:
Andrew Partridge confirmed to ANN that it will include a 5-minute preview of the film, Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler (Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago), which Kaze has licensed.

JezzaX ..seems like you and others who will attend this will be able to check out eng dub,probably ;D

Awesome stuff. I know they're using the same voice director as the 97 series, hopefully it's a lot better by comparison. I'll see if I can get a sneaky video.

JezzaX said:
Awesome stuff. I know they're using the same voice director as the 97 series, hopefully it's a lot better by comparison. I'll see if I can get a sneaky video.
Yeah you better :D..if it's the same director,then he probably knows what he's doing if he hasnt gotten senile :D...i wouldnt mind seeing outtakes in us release too,since original series has one of best outtakes in anime i've seen,i remember how i eagerly watched each dvd then rushed to outakkes,mhm good times

Lukis said:

But wouldn't they announce who's been chosen for the dub before dubbing the movie? Maybe they'll do that at the convention.

Seeing everyone getting these DVD's is killing me! I made the decision to wait until it's subbed into English to buy one, but I'm getting impatient and now I'm starting to regret it.

I'm also very curious if that 5 minute preview is going to be dubbed or not. Is it still to soon for the dub to have been recorded already?

arrowchild said:
Seeing everyone getting these DVD's is killing me! I made the decision to wait until it's subbed into English to buy one, but I'm getting impatient and now I'm starting to regret it.

I'm also very curious if that 5 minute preview is going to be dubbed or not. Is it still to soon for the dub to have been recorded already?

It might be test footage. As I said before, the fact the voice acting director will be in attendance at the expo gives me the impression it should be a dubbed showing.

Found this in internet,this is suppossed to be from 2nd movie too large to put in img tags ..damn by copy hasnt arrived yet :guts:
http://www.bildites.lv/images/vscr0w2nkxl80yfexwk2.jpg

578121_10150858109305963_516025962_9814127_68691108_n.jpg

Another new photo from one of the radio broadcasts

Just finished up at MCM. A little disappointing overall, there was no new footage (they will be putting up an exclusive 5 minutes online sometime soon), they just showed trailers for both films. The most positive things to take away were, a confirmed theatrical release in the UK aimed for October, with the hope of a bigger panel at Octobers Expo and that both Blu Ray and DVD release are confirmed for the 31st December.

Speaking with Michael Sinterniklaas, he hasn't confirmed that he will be directing the US dub, but said he's very keen in doing so, he's trying to make it happen and the original cast have contacted him for playing their roles again. When he asked everyone if they would like the original voice cast back, I was the only one who had a show of hands for "no".

I asked michael if he would do anything differently from the first series and he said his biggest regret was how he mixed everything together and that he did it with an analog mixer at the time and that he would like to be able to do everything digitally. He also gave us an interesting image that when the voice actor for Griffith was leading the charge on Doldrey, he requested to do it in his underwear whilst wielding a wooden sword, which got a few chuckles. He also said he wished that they had either not put the anime into a corner or put the first episode at the end to make it less confusing for those who hadn't read the manga.

At one point during the panel, michael said that he found it amazing that so many people have gotten so into the series to have the brand tattooed on their neck, which made him seem a little uneasy when he complimented me on my brand t shirt at the end of the Q&A. In any case, there's not much big to report that we don't already know, apart from the fact that, according to Kaze, Berserk will be having some more exclusive US announcements at the next comic con.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
When he asked everyone if they would like the original voice cast back, I was the only one who had a show of hands for "no".

Ugh. Well, let's hope they got better.

Aazealh said:
Ugh. Well, let's hope they got better.

At about thirty minutes into the first episode of Gundam Unicorn, for anyone who is interested, Guts is the Neo Zeon pilot, complete with a number of battle shouts to tell you where he's at right now.

One other point I forgot to mention. Kaze stated they want to do a full decent 3 film collectors boxset, Although I would expect this to be standard, it's nice to gain confirmation.

DaBakerMann said:
Thanks for the write-up jezza. When you said more information on the U.S. release with the next comic con, did you mean San Diego Comic Con??? :carcus:

They weren't entirely clear, but I would assume so. Either that or the London film and comic con in July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFIl-QAlbI&feature=youtu.be new preview for movie 2,1st half is re-cap of movie 1,then there some scenes from part 2..,damn guts in rage slashing poor bastards looked so awesome :ubik:

IncantatioN said:
Thanks for sharing! Looks like there's a bit more after the WB logo?
trailer started for 2nd movie,but i tought there's no need for it,since its already available as it is.

Lukis said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFIl-QAlbI&feature=youtu.be new preview for movie 2,1st half is re-cap of movie 1,then there some scenes from part 2..,damn guts in rage slashing poor bastards looked so awesome :ubik:

Time to rev the hype engine up!! Hopefully we'll get an improvement over the last one. One can dream :schierke:

Lukis said:

Oooo! Thanks Lukis! I also just saw the Berserk FB page post the following link. Seems like the quality is a bit better in this one: http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20120528090906/

DirectDK said:
Oooo! Thanks Lukis! I also just saw the Berserk FB page post the following link. Seems like the quality is a bit better in this one: http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20120528090906/

It looks like the battle between Guts and Griffith in the snow has no dramatic build up, this upsets me. I hope I'm wrong :judo:

Top Bottom