Berserk Saga Project News

Oburi said:
Because none of us care enough anymore.

I second that, Oburi. :serpico:
Having had infuriated/disappointed/turned off so many dedicated and long time fans with their Berserk "adaptation", what do you guys think Studio 4°C is planning to do with the third movie, now that it's got a new 130 min run time? Are they gonna try and faithfully adapt all of the 4+ volumes' worth of material, with no cuts? Or are they gonna try to make up for the excision of Guts' childhood in the first movie by including it in a compressed and abridged form at the beginning of the third movie, hence the extra 20 minutes.
Has the Studio 4°C, however belatedly and half-assed, finally seen the light? :troll:

Not that Studio 4C can take back the mess they have created, I'm hoping the extended running time has been caused by the overwhelming disgust from the fans that have seen their first two efforts and scorned them in every way humanly possible. I'm hoping this is their efforts to try and set as much straight as possible in their final moments.

One can hope so. I'll take it as a positive. What might they extend I wonder? I have three hopes, though at this point I only expect to get one.

1) They include Wyald or the Bakiraka (if it's one or the other, I vote Wyald)

2) They do the Eclipse justice after their original attempt probably sucked.

3) They include Guts recovery afterward to become the Black swordsman.

I think #3 is the most likely for this extension.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think you guys are getting your hopes up thinking they're "extending" anything. Like many of us have said for months, there's a ton of shit they have to cover in the final movie. Even a bare bones coverage of the major points would be brisk at 130 minutes. Remember, this is going to cover Volumes 9-14, some of the most dense stuff in the series. Pacing wise, already it's going to be a nightmare. Guts left after the last movie, but he's going to have to be back among the rank of the Hawks within, oh, 10-15 minutes of this next movie for them to be able to cover everything they need to.

And it's not as if once they reach the Eclipse, it's the finish line. This isn't the TV series over again. They have to wrap that up, and put a nice big bow on the Golden Age while setting up the next arc. Again, that's going to be a pacing issue of them switching gears to the Eclipse, then back down from the Eclipse. And I can't imagine it's going to be pretty.

SuperVegetto said:
Short Viz trailer for the first movie

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150996739644398

Kinda disappointed that there is no piece of dialogue included in the trailer. But I don't expect the characters in the English dub to sound any different than how they were in the TV series dub.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Walter said:
Three months before release:

Producer: "Uhhh, guys? There's a LOT of stuff we have to cram into Movie 3."

:ganishka:

Hey, if it were produced here they'd cut it into "Movie 3 part 1" and "Movie 3 part 2" :troll:

Mooooore money, augh augh augh

Warner Home Video announcement.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That synopsis ... Ugh... Gonna ... Toss it all ... Someone get a bucket-BLURRRFHHHAGAGRHGRGRGRGEHGGGG...! ... BLOAAARGHHAGGRGGHGGAGGG!!!

Griffith desires Guts's power to help him achieve his goals. He suceeds in recruiting Guts by challenging and winning a duel with him. As the Band of the Hawk fight togther and their bond as a unit is strengthened, Griffith and Guts's bond deepens even more. Then they kiss and learn of their power to transform into the magical pretty power girls of the eclipse.

:troll:

An update from Ain't it Cool news:

Warner Home Video, who distributes home video releases for VIZ Media, has announced a November 27th release date for the first anime movie remake of medieval supernatural epic Berserk. The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King will sell for $19.98 on DVD and $24.98 on Blu-ray.

No special features were listed.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57516

Sorry for asking such thing, but can someone tell the release dates that we know about so far for the movies and dvd-s?

I guess it's not the first time I ask this since I always forget them after every time I ask, and I won't start searching for it in a 80-page thread, sorry :farnese:

I think it would be a good idea to write them Walter's first post so they would be easier to find...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cool poster. They finally got something right! :ubik:

Also, a timeless line on the side there, "Everything is bound by the law of Causality."

Top Bottom