Berserk Saga Project News

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
berserk36 said:
I went to VIZ and Anime News Network but no news when Berserk Part II ( or Part III ) is coming to English Dvd/Blu - Ray in Usa/Canda
I don't know why they're taking so long but they're going to kill their momentum if they don't do something soon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserk36 said:
I went to VIZ and Anime News Network but no news when Berserk Part II ( or Part III ) is coming to English Dvd/Blu - Ray in Usa/Canda
KuraiDragoon said:
I don't know why they're taking so long but they're going to kill their momentum if they don't do something soon.
It's too early to expect something on Movie III, but indeed Movie II is quite a bit late. Here's the full history of releases:

JAPANUSA
Movie I released in theatres: February 2012Movie I confirmed for US: April 2012
Movie I DVD/BRD out in Japan: May 2012Movie I released in US: November 2012
Movie II released in theaters: June 2012 N/A
Movie II DVD/BRD out in Japan: December 2012Movie II DVD/BRD out in US: TBD
Movie III released in theatres: February 2013 N/A
Movie III DVD/BRD out in Japan: TBDMovie III DVD/BRD out in US: TBD

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Has Viz signed on for all 3 films? Otherwise, depending on how the first one performed, they could have decided to cut their losses.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Has Viz signed on for all 3 films? Otherwise, depending on how the first one performed, they could have decided to cut their losses.
That's what I thought, but then I read that the English dubbing is already complete: http://otakumode.com/article/50d5419aae6c934177008943/English-Dubbed-Version-of-Berserk-The-Battle-for-Doldrey-Screens-in-Akihabara

I hope the Japanese BR for Movie III doesn't come out in August, like Movie II. Or maybe they wanted to release the BR for Movie II closer to the theatrical film release of Movie III. Just speculating ... *sigh*

IncantatioN said:
Or maybe they wanted to release the BR for Movie II closer to the theatrical film release of Movie III. Just speculating ... *sigh*

I have a feeling that was the case. Wasn't the original theatrical release date for the third movie December? The original release date for the second movie on BR/DVD was probably supposed to be October or November. I have a feeling the third movie will be out in May or June. Releasing it in August would be pointless.

As for the US release dates... who fuckin' knows at this point. :puck:

Aazealh said:

How good/bad did they sell?

Maybe the next 2 will just be on Itunes or something.

Lukis said:
as Sam speculated , I also think closest we will see movie 3's DVD and BD is May/June

The only reason I could see them delaying it a bit would be if they wanted to include a special sneak peek of the rest of the Berserk project or something. They probably won't have anything to show for a while though.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
SamNeillium said:
They probably won't have anything to show for a while though.

Depends if they already had started to work on something... but I doubt like you said that they will have a lot, if at all, to show.

you would think Viz would see the longer they take for Part 2 the more it would hurt the there profit

maybe there wating for the next big Anime Expo ( by the way what/which is the next big Anime Expo . ?)

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
berserk36 said:
you would think Viz would see the longer they take for Part 2 the more it would hurt the there profit

maybe there wating for the next big Anime Expo ( by the way what/which is the next big Anime Expo . ?)

Sakura Con is in March, Fanime is in May, and Anime Expo is in July. Oh, and San Diego Comic Con is in July as well.

Dar Klink said:
Sakura Con is in March, Fanime is in May, and Anime Expo is in July. Oh, and San Diego Comic Con is in July as well.

okay I mean sorry I mean which on these we are most likey to here news about the Berserk Anime from.?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
mc ultra said:
Saw a commercial on Neon Alley today. The second movie will be premiering this summer on the channel.
Confirmation of a cable premiere, and no word of a disc release in the states. Did the first movie really sell that poorly...? Or is this a matter of one department giving advanced notice, while the other is late in saying anything.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
Confirmation of a cable premiere, and no word of a disc release in the states. Did the first movie really sell that poorly...? Or is this a matter of one department giving advanced notice, while the other is late in saying anything.

Neon Alley is an anime streaming service actually. I'm not sure if that's better or worse though. It might have more to do with Viz trying to shove Neon Alley down people's throats than with how good Berserk sold. EXCLUSIVE ON NEON ALLEY and all that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Neon Alley is an anime streaming service actually.
Ah, sorry. I had never heard of it before. Just saw it described by Viz as "a 24-hour channel featuring the world's best & most popular anime."

Showing my age :void:

SamNeillium said:
Didn't the first movie premiere on something similar before the blu-ray/dvd release?

Yeah the first movie was shown first on Neon Alley as well. Ive been subscribed to Neon Alley for some months now and would recommend the service to those who like english dubbed anime. Looking forward to watching the second movie before the Blu Ray release. i hope this Berserk project keeps getting supported even though i know some fans are unhappy with it. I would like them to at least make it up to Griffith's rebirth.

SamNeillium said:
That might be difficult without Guts Junior. :slan:

Where there is a will there is a way haha. i just need to see the fight between Lord Mozgus and Guts. We all know they should have done it true to the manga like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood but we gotta take what we can get fellas. I know im not the only one who wants to see some animated Black Swordsman action.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Susumu Hirasawa performing "Aria" live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ddw2g4tViuA

I appreciate how the tech he's using looks so futuristic compared to what you'd expect to see on a stage these days. Afterall, we live in 2013, damn it.

Top Bottom