RIPOFF ALERT: Zoliv/ Olivier Brion from France

Re: RIPOFF ALERT for Zoliv/ Olivier Brion from France

frankencowx said:
I think your email to him was very good. I agree that he is "confusing the situation." He seems to be forgetting the fundamentals that led to this whole situation. I hope you find some closure with this soon.

Exactly, Oliver Brion isn't the victim here. Oliver has no right to be upset. Incantation has been MORE than patient and generous.

On a side note, someone ripped me off too (a member of this forum). He owes me $1500 US, since like 5 years ago (literally). He finally paid me $500 a few months ago, surprisingly, but has been out of touch since. I have his phone number all his various emails, but he doesn't respond to me. I text him at least once a week. I know it's still his number, he just never picks up or responds. Perhaps I should start a thread on this bastard too.

Quick update, rather extensive just so it's out there -

After that email I sent, On Sept 14 he emailed me back saying

I asked and in France, to reveal someone's identity and personal information is illegal if the concerning person doesn't agree. I don't know for the USA but it is weird it is not illegal since it is on a website and it can be seen by everyone. Imagine the consequences if the identities of many people were revealed...

So, since I don't agree, I ask you to remove ALL my personal information and the quotes concerning my mails (try to understand that people who don't know the whole situation can't understand what is really happening (they only have YOUR point of view) - I saw the posts with insults said about me - they don't have to know I'm ill etc). If you don't do it in the two next days, I will ask to the administrators of the forum to do so and if they don't, I will ask to their internet provider. (I just realize that everyone can see that and if any company I may try to get in, just do a research, they may find this... That's my only way to have money again so if I can't find a job I won't be able to have the money I need to send the packages)

I don't know what is the gain you have by posting my mails on the forum since you can already see with people outside of it. So thanks to not post any mails I send. This is a personal conversation between you and I (you can transfer them to your friends but not to everyone).

For the shipping, I know that I should have sent the packages before you went on holidays in February but I feared the packages to be lost. After all the problems I had started at this moment. For the mails I didn't answer and I said I didn't receive them, in fact, I didn't know how to tell you that I was in an horrible situation (and I didn't want to worry ____ name taken off ("your friend" as you describe him in your mail) so I didn't tell anything about my illness at the beginning). I recognize I should have told you about my problems but I made a mistake I shouldn't have done.

I trust you to do all these things because I know you, I know that you are a good person and you don't do things to hurt people. You even continued to give me some time even if I had the wrong behavior. Thanks for that even if now, you don't trust me anymore.

I will send you a new mail as soon as I have an Internet connexion again.

Sorry for everything.

Regards,
Olivier

My response to him on Sept 14 -

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I appreciate your honesty and admittance to why you stopped responding to my emails and what transpired after February. I knew you were lying to me when you said you were not receiving any of my emails and I appreciate you admitting to it now at least. It's never too late to undo a mistake.

As far as people on the forum reacting to what has transpired, it is their choice and their opinion based on the facts mentioned by me. There is no lie in anything I have mentioned. They know you were/ are ill and I've cited that in my posts. I have, in no place, misquoted you and hence I have used your own sentences to explain your situation to them (referring to the quotes I've used for you). From the get-go, I've only presented the actual facts of what has transpired between us.

Your last email accused me of lying to the forum and you have not replied, telling me what I lied about. I shall consider it as a false accusation, based on your current email unless you'd like to explain what you meant. I posted your full email for the 1st time only because of the above mentioned accusation and the part towards the end which I felt was uncalled for by your part.

With regard to your personal information posted on the forum, it is not illegal to do so. What is illegal is you having my money with you since February and not partaking in your end of a mutual agreement. I should know because I work for a Law Firm. If an attorney finds it illegal, that is IF, it will cost you more in legal fees to send a notice locally and/ internationally than to ship my statues back to me. Alternatively, I've mentioned this to you before as well - if you send me the statues in the condition as promised, I shall take off your personal information from my post on the forum.

You asked for me to take off your personal information earlier. I trusted you back then and took it off immediately. I even asked the Administrators/ Moderators to take your name off the topic reply headers on the consequent replies by other users. But, you did not do what you said you would do in exchange. So while I used to trust you before, I cannot trust you this time around. I've given you a lot of time to send the statues back to me or the moneys back to me. And since neither of that has happened, I cannot act on your current request. There has been neither any progress nor any action from your end with regard to anything we've agreed upon in this current transaction.

Again, I shall appreciate it if you sent me the information I requested in my last email on the tracking number(s) and which statue(s) were being sent.

I apologize if this was not the email reply you were hoping for, but your actions brought us to this predicament.

Regards
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Since then, I sent him emails on Sept 21, Sept 25, Sept 28, Oct 03, Oct 07, Oct 12, Oct 15, Oct 24, Oct 28, Nov 01, Nov 06 and today Nov 08.

In October, I Fedex'ed him a letter to his address with all the correspondence we've had so far, just in case. There was nobody to accept the package at the address I had for him. FedEx would not leave it without a signature and said they would return it to me. With help from a fellow member (THANKS SO MUCH!) I was able to get what appeared to be his parents' address. I called FedEx and had them re-direct the package to that said address. FedEx returned my package to me yesterday because the residents refused to accept the package.

A few minutes ago I lodged an official complaint via http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/financial_scams/financial_scams_3155.html. For internet scams it redirects you to - http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and that's where the specifics of the complaint were mentioned and submitted.

That is the most current update.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I don't know for the USA but it is weird it is not illegal since it is on a website and it can be seen by everyone. Imagine the consequences if the identities of many people were revealed...
If you don't do it in the two next days, I will ask to the administrators of the forum to do so and if they don't, I will ask to their internet provider. (I just realize that everyone can see that and if any company I may try to get in, just do a research, they may find this... That's my only way to have money again so if I can't find a job I won't be able to have the money I need to send the packages)
Ohh, so now he's bringing SKnet into this? Fascinating! So,we're the bad guys because this guy failed to remit payment or complete the transaction?

Good luck with this angle in court, Brion. First of all, French law doesn't apply here for a number of reasons. Primarily because the server is hosted in the USA. But say this guy happened to live in the USA, even if this bullshit ever came to a defamation of character lawsuit, IncantatioN can easily defend his claims because his statements are grounded in fact. Defamation cases are intended for instances where facts are being exaggerated with the specific purpose of damaging someone's character.

If this guy thinks that his character is being damaged because IncantatioN is telling the world the truth of what really happened, sorry bud, that won't fly in court.

Honestly I think you're doing yourself a disservice by even acting cordial with the guy. He's still (hilariously) trying to manipulate you. Your every response should include the statement: Where's my money and/or products? You should also say that you're looking at elevating this into an international investigation.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

What an obvious bluff as he runs and hides. You should tell him that you'd love for him to turn this, and himself, over to the authorities. And that if he doesn't, you will.

I CAN t stand brion's behaviour! He s just a little girl without balls and honour!

In opinion, IncantTion, you were too nice with him! You must contact authorities because it is only what he deserve!

Oh, man! The GALL of this thieving ass! I so wish I could see karma sucker punch the guy in the nut sack! Call this rat out on his bluff!!

Incantation, I really hope all of this gets squared away for you! :judo:

Walter said:
Ohh, so now he's bringing SKnet into this? Fascinating! So,we're the bad guys because this guy failed to remit payment or complete the transaction?

Honestly I think you're doing yourself a disservice by even acting cordial with the guy. He's still (hilariously) trying to manipulate you. Your every response should include the statement: Where's my money and/or products? You should also say that you're looking at elevating this into an international investigation.
His reasoning has never made any sense, I've noticed it through his emails where he's sounded angry (again, doesn't make sense why) or when he wrote more than a paragraph.

Yep, I hopped on to that site I mentioned earlier and started an investigation this afternoon before I ran out to pick up lunch. I gave the specifics of what had transpired till today. The site emailed me a Login ID and Password to access the complaint and check on its progress or make any additions/ changes, as I please. I'm hoping they act a bit quickly on it, I have everything in terms of a paper-trail if and when they need it.

Apart from that website, I'm not sure who else I could contact. I welcome any suggestion(s)!

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Best of luck with getting this all sorted out. This has gone on for far too long, and it's time that you got what's yours.

Been sending him reminder emails constantly, but the one I sent this morning bounced, I fear he's either deleted his email address or that it's a Hotmail thing. It's been weird with him and I think he lurks the board. When I made that post on 11/08, he or someone sent me an email on the same day in the evening. I notice the same thing happened the last time I made a post on here and he wrote back. So anyway, here's what the email on 11/08 said -

Hello Mister,
You don't know me but I am a friend of Olivier. I didn't want to be involved in his problems but knowing his situation and as a friend, I wasn't able to ignore them. He gave me the password of his mail account 3 weeks and a half ago. He told me to use it only if there was something wrong with his email address because he can't use it himself and I would say that's also because he doesn't accept the help from others (I asked him to come to my appartment to connect on Internet but he didn't want because I have already helped him before >_>)
He told me to not open any mail but I saw a mail from you so I wanted to see if it was the problem he has with someone about some statues (I am the one he asked to send a statue some months ago but he told to not do it because he didn't know if he would be able to pay me back).
I would never imagine this problem was so big... And that he should have sent you the statues from February ! That's a long period and I don't know how you managed to stay calm with him since you don't know him in real life... (If I was you, I would have never believed all his whole situation).
I want to say that his whole situation is real. It is hard to believe but he has all these problems... I don't want to force you to believe this story because you have been more than patient !
For your information, Olivier has lost his appartment at the end of September because he wasn't able to pay the rents... He doesn't have any home since this issue... He also had to tell everything about his situation to his parents and they helped him as much as they can but they don't want to be involved in his different problems... Last week, he finally was able to find a work but he will be paid only at the end of the month. When he told me that, he also adds that he will use this money to resolve his problems (I think one of these problems is you).
So, I'm asking you a favor because I don't want him to have another huge problem : can you wait until the first days of December before doing anything about him ? (please do as you wish, I would understand you don't want to wait for another month). If, on the 03/12/2011, he doesn't give you the tracking numbers of all your statues, you can do what you want about him. Because, if when he will have finally money again, he doesn't send you the statues, I will also have the same point of view as you about him and I won't be his friend anymore...
If you have any question about him, please ask me, I will try to help you as much as I can. But, please I don't want to be involved in this problem except for information...
Thanks in advance for your understanding. I would understand if you don't want to wait since I won't have let as much time as you if it arrived to me (but he is my friend and I don't want him to have more trouble that he already has).
I know that he feel very bad because of all these things and I apologize for his wrong behaviour.
Regards.

I did respond to the email and have been sending reminders regularly. I sent another FedEx package with our correspondence to the address I have for him and the person (recipient) at the door refused to accept it again, like last time. This was sent back to me. Mid December, I sent him the same correspondence through USPS's international mail and that hasn't come back to me as yet.

There's been no contact with the ic3.gov guys since the complaint was posted.

So after his 'friend's email from his own account in Nov of last year, he sent me an email from the same account under the name Cloud Gist. He had deactivated his Hotmail account and I guess restored it.

May 02

It has been a while since I answered you. I'm really sorry about that. My friend answered you in November and I thanks him to have told you about my situation. I don't want you to try to understand the whole situation which happened since because of my problems, you had to wait so much time and you suffered from it. I managed to pay all my hospital costs and found a good job in the beginning of February. I had a lot of firends who helped me to not give up when I was at the bottom. Now, I will try to give you what I owe you as soon as possible.
So, I will send you the "Boscone" statue on Monday (I don't have any appartment yet so, I will use the address of my parents for the moment. So, please don't use this address against me since it is my parents' one >__<). After, I will send you money or send you the other statues when I will be able. For the skullknight forum, if you are okay, I would prefer that you let the post you have done on me and don't answer in it (please keep for you and your friends the fact I'm sending statues and giving you back the money). Only when I will have given everything to you, you can put a message to say I have finally done it and ask to delete the post. If you are okay to delete my real name, my real address and my mail address when I send you a part of what I owe you, I would be very grateful =) I know that I can't do anything to go back in the past and change everything but I hope you will forgive me one day. I would understand if you can't >_< Thanks again for all your understanding of the last year >__< Have a nice day. Cheers,

I went on to ask him to send me a list of what statues he's sending me or what amounts of money to be exact. He sent me Boscone only. The statue of the least value from what he owed me.

On May 21

I totally agree with what you said. We suggested the same thing. I really don't know if I will send statues or refund you. I have to make a decision and let you know what I will do. I will try at least to send you some money at the beginning of next month. I saw that you received the package, I hope the statue arrived safely. Have a nice day. Cheers, Olivier

I responded and got a reply on May 22

I decided that I will pay you back all the statues. For me, you paid the statues at a bigger price than the one on the market. So, this way, you will be able to buy the statues at a "normal" price and you will have more money for you. Is it ok for you ? Cheers, Olivier

On June 04

I should send you 500 euros at the end of the week. I don't know how much time it will take to send all the money to you. I will try to do the best I can.

On June 11

How are you ? I'm sorry but I won't be able to send you some money now. I have been asked to pay a rent this month and I didn't know they would want it. Sorry to not have sent a mail before but I wasn't sure they would really ask it. Don't worry, for the next months, I will anticipate the rent so I can give you money. I will send you money at the end of the month (in three weeks). Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day.

That's the last I heard from him. Sent him 23 reminders by email.

I will post him letters next week of the transcript and use Google Translate to translate it French. I'm hopeful someone at his residence reads it and something happens.

I read this topic, when I don´t have acc. now I check this again. This is unforgivable impudence ! good luck ! but I be afraid, that piece of shi... don´t send any money or statue :( so shame, this people make me angry. You want buy something but this cheater got you, I know this, I been cheat too but I don´t send LOOOOT money as you o_O

Don´t give up! try debt Collection on France, contact a company what this deals ...

IncantatioN said:
I will post him letters next week of the transcript and use Google Translate to translate it French. I'm hopeful someone at his residence reads it and something happens.

I can help you to translate in French.

My English isn't perfect but I can do it (better way than google translate).

With all the back-ass-ward exchanging he attempted to do, how much are you in the hole now when its all said and done?

Thanks guys, I'm going to try to follow up as much as I can. Things get easier with the internet but anything sent hard copy holds better than email reminders. I've been grateful to all the help I've received from a particular member on the board to help me track him down the best that can be done.

DMD, so far it's over 6000 euros including shipping money sent.

Holy Sh*t!!!
Just read this thread and can't believe what I've read.
Really feel sorry for you Incantation :(

If you need any translation in french don't hesitate to ask!

Ahmetal

God hand help us
BloodyDevil, who was a guest on the forum, is selling another zodd vs wyald on eBay. He sold one here then bought another and is selling again. I sent him payment through paypal/eBay. He refunded it saying that it froze his ability to make payments. He requests I send the money to his friend's paypal, who happens to be non other than Olivier Brion. I got an invoice from Olivier detailing that it is for the zodd wyald statue seen on eBay being sold by his friend. Part of me is super worried. On the other hand I called paypal explaining the situaion and they said there is nothing to worry about and that I can make a claim and get my money back. They assured me that my money would be safe in such a transaction. As long as it is payment for goods. What do you all think?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ahmetal said:
BloodyDevil, who was a guest on the forum, is selling another zodd vs wyald on eBay. He sold one here then bought another and is selling again. I sent him payment through paypal/eBay. He refunded it saying that it froze his ability to make payments. He requests I send the money to his friend's paypal, who happens to be non other than Olivier Brion. I got an invoice from Olivier detailing that it is for the zodd wyald statue seen on eBay being sold by his friend. Part of me is super worried. On the other hand I called paypal explaining the situaion and they said there is nothing to worry about and that I can make a claim and get my money back. They assured me that my money would be safe in such a transaction. As long as it is payment for goods. What do you all think?

Sounds like trouble. Be patient and wait for another opportunity.

Agree with Aaz, you will find that statue online at some point in time and hopefully sold via a reliable source. Your call in the end, thanks for sharing your recent experience and keep us posted if anything else comes up.

I had lots of great negotiations with Skullers ( sovel, startdustzgatsu, berserkberserk )
But all it took was 1 dodgy guy, to make me very suspicious.

On the internet you can NEVER be too careful. Go only with people you trust, and have a reputation.

I'd say - don't fall for that offer, even if you're protected, they're experts, and they've probly conned people before. Even if paypal covers it, they could use some trick to delay everything, or to try and prove that they sent the correct item, so you'll be fighting for your money for a while, and might even lose.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Thanks guys. I am tying to get him to accept the payment to his own account after providing some photos. But I think in the end I will have to cancel the transaction. In fact, he already suggested I go ahead and cancel since I won't send the money to his friend. I want this statue so bad it's clouding my judgment. He's great on paper and he sold to members here including stardustgatzu, who vouch for him. So since I saw that I had no worries. I would have had ZERO reservation or suspicion had he not asked me to send the payment to his friend that seems like the guy this thread is based on.
But I would hate to draw the wrong conclusion about this seller. I think I would hate being duped even more. I guess if I were selling something for that much money I would make sure my paypal account wasn't at the limit and I would make sure the buyer could send money to my paypal without it freezing my account. I would make sure to send pics with a current newspaper too, if that's what the buyer wanted/needed. But what do I know, paypal could be screwing him.
But you guys are also right about the price. I guess I should take everyone's, including the sellers, advice and cancel....although, I wish he never refunded the money, sorted the issue with paypal and sent me a zodd vs wyald, instead of trying to have me send the money to someone who could easily and accidentally be confused as the person this thread is based on, even though he very well may not be the same person. I would never want to raise someone's suspicion by asking them to send/redirect money to someone that They could mistakenly confuse with another unfavorable person. We spoke about the forum. How could I not get nervous and make this connection? The seller has informed me that I made an erroneous connection and though I feel bad I also feel there was grounds for suspicion and I can't personally prove myself wrong or right. This mistake of identity of his friend was an accident waiting to happen. Anyway, as I said, I feel a bad, as if I am hassling this seller. I just want to cover all my bases and dare I say, am still hopeful for a positive transaction. But all signs point to cancel.

Update: the seller is making efforts to resolve PayPal issues so I can deal directly with him. He is also preparing pictures of the statue.

Top Bottom