The Dark Knight Rises

frankencowx said:
Alright, words out. Rocksteady Batman officially > than Nolan Batman:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/batman-arkham-asylum-2/1225518p1.html

Terrible article but still fun.

I agree. Until Arkham City, I didn't see the potential of a villain like Ra's al Ghul had. I think the Ra's al Ghul in the Batman Animated Series was very similar. (If not the same one, can't remember.) I now see that Batman Begins really dropped the ball with what could have been a very outstanding character they could of done some much more with.

For the record, all of Nolan's movies are heist movies. Its simply Nolan's heist stories with Batman characters in them. With or without Batman, I would probably still like all his movies. However, I feel because its more so his stories, although he tries hard, he fails to bring a lot of Gotham to life. His version is pretty clean cut pretty compared to Rocksteady or the animated series...of course.

Death May Die said:
For the record, all of Nolan's movies are heist movies. Its simply Nolan's heist stories with Batman characters in them. With or without Batman, I would probably still like all his movies. However, I feel because its more so his stories, although he tries hard, he fails to bring a lot of Gotham to life. His version is pretty clean cut pretty compared to Rocksteady or the animated series...of course.

I see what you're saying but I think you may also be referring to the grounded and serious tone which he uses in his films. This works for a lot of people. And his Gotham looks about as lively as where he filmed rises... NY and LA.

Jaze1618 said:
Neither the Prestige or Memento felt like a Heist movie to me.

I like the Prestige. It's my favorite Nolan movie by far.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Only Inception was a "heist movie" in that the planning and execution of a major heist is central to the plot (and that's just about the most conventional thing you can say about it), the others are crime dramas/thrillers of varying degrees. Also, saying all of Nolan's Batman movies are just "heist movies with Batman in them" is no more meaningful, and less accurate, than just saying they're like regular movies with Batman in them. You know, if a movie that has meaningful arcs for Batman, the Joker, and Harvey Dent/Two-Face, deals with Batman respectfully and for adults, with mature themes, Oscar winning performances, Best Picture buzz, as well as managing to be a highly entertaining billion dollar summer blockbuster is regular. I think we can stop kicking the tires on that Ferrari. =)

Aazealh said:
Hehe, maybe, I don't know. I liked the banter in The Avengers. =) I think the two hardly compare honestly. This is more of a drama whereas The Avengers is almost a buddy movie. Not the same tone at all.

I just meant I actually like this one better, even in that regard, surprisingly.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, I didn't enjoy the Talia-reveal scene nearly as much as I feel I should have.

I enjoyed Bale's expressions. ":magni:" :ganishka:

H

hellrasinbrasin

51K3oR9t1VL._SS500_.jpg

Release Date: 8/15/12

Griffith

hellrasinbrasin said:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K3oR9t1VL._SS500_.jpg
Release Date: 8/15/12

Look out, Shakespeare, your preeminent place on bookshelves across the world is in danger! This will be great for weekly readings around the dinner table with the family, "SWEAR TO ME!" I'm getting the edition that's been dipped in bronze though; just as useful!

Anyway, seen some pretty good "Dark Knight Trilogy" concept posters, but none as hilarious as these obviously Star Wars inspired ones:

tumblr_lqi6ooE0AA1qefn6co1_500.jpg

The trilogy concept doesn't excite me though since, as I've said, the second one is better as a stand alone.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Oh I forgot about that part where he robs the bank and yells "I GOT THE DIAMONDS" and then immediately tattooed "got diamonds" in olde english right above his pubes, I guess Memento is a heist movie.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Me and Grail watched the first one literally the day we saw The Dark Knight Rises. I'm glad we did, since the new one is essentially a continuation of the first. It was a great, fun movie. Catwoman was my favorite. Absolutely loved her.

I still gotta say the 2nd one will always be my favorite. That Joker was just too damn good.

H

hellrasinbrasin

What I liked about Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy

01.It took 3 films to completely destroy
The League of Shadows
02.It took 3 films for what Bruce said to Alfred aboard that Jet in Begins to click into place.
03.It took 3 films for Alfred to realize that he
failed as Bruce's caretaker by enabling his destructive "nocturnal proclivities"
04.It Took 3 films for Bruce Wayne to
"Free" himself of "The Demon" that was born the night his parents died

05.The core group he crossed paths with in this series: Ra's Al Ghul/Scarecrow/The Joker/Harvey Two-Face/Bane/
Talia Al Ghul
. Each of these individuals were extentions of each other and himself.

Ra's Al Ghul and his League of Shadows is a mirror to Batman & The GCPD. The Scarecrow was a representation of his fears. The Joker was a force awoken by Batmans One-Man War on Criminality. Harvey was his hope for a legitimate War on Crime and at living a normal life. Bane the faux leader of a restored League of Shadows committed to realizing "The Dream" left incomplete by Ra's Al Ghuls death. By crippling the city-by revealing to "The People' how corrupt its Institution is-by destroying Bruce Wayne piece by piece-breaking Gotham's Symbol. Only then was he and The League free to turn Gotham City into a No Man's Land.

Ra's Al Ghul was "The Chess Master" responsible for beginning the story seen throughout The Dark Knight Trilogy and
his daughter Talia Al Ghul
would be responsible for ending it. Everything seen in The Dark Knight Rises is orchestrated by
Talia
but implemented by Bane and his men. Everything that
Talia
has done to Gotham City and to Bruce Wayne is based on the need to
avenge her father
and take revenge against all parties involved. But
her blind-vengeance
+ Bane's blind-devotion would spell each others demise.

06.Immortality... In Rises
Ra's tells Bruce that he is Immortal
and in a way he was as a symbol to his organization but that is not TRUE Immortality... People gain true Immortality through their children as Ra's did through
Talia
as Bruce will in time through his
child/children born by Selina Kyle

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I remember my post here with my prediction of the plot, which revolved around DKReturns, and that just made me think of something, isn't Batman's sacrifice a cheat? Bats faked his death in DKReturns to continue fighting, in DKRises he faked his death just to be an asshole.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
I remember my post here with my prediction of the plot, which revolved around DKReturns, and that just made me think of something, isn't Batman's sacrifice a cheat? Bats faked his death in DKReturns to continue fighting, in DKRises he faked his death just to be an asshole.

You're right in the sense that Batman's become this martyr while he's really partying it up in Europe, but since Batman's supposed to be a Legend meant to inspire, blah blah blah, and it's not Bruce Wayne being celebrated, and whatshisface is taking up the mantle, and they don't even really need him to fight anymore (like in Dark Knight Returns), I give him a pass. He wants to be left alone to start over and live a normal life, and the only person he really owes revealing that to is Alfred. This is where it would be useful for hellraisnbrasin to explain how his clean slate works and that Batman DID die in the explosion, only Bruce Wayne survived.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
You're right in the sense that Batman's become this martyr while he's really partying it up in Europe, but since Batman's supposed to be a Legend meant to inspire, blah blah blah, and it's not Bruce Wayne being celebrated, and whatshisface is taking up the mantle, and they don't even really need him to fight anymore (like in Dark Knight Returns), I give him a pass. He wants to be left alone to start over and live a normal life, and the only person he really owes revealing that to is Alfred. This is where it would be useful for hellraisnbrasin to explain how his clean slate works and that Batman DID die in the explosion, only Bruce Wayne survived.

Yeah, whatever happened to that guy? I miss his use of the spoiler tag.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Johnstantine said:
Yeah, whatever happened to that guy? I miss his use of the spoiler tag.

I think the last post of his I saw was like a week ago. You make it sound like we're talking about Pogs or Big League Chew. :troll:

Griffith said:

I love how somethings went over alot of folks heads like how Nolan was Telegraphing who Miranda Tate was throughout the film hint-hint-wink-wink* For example her line of
"Wanting to do anything and everything to change the world is a Noble gesture Mr. Wayne"
A clear red-flag to the mindset of someone from The League of Shadows.

The clean slate mcGuffin was just Nolans way of saying that for people like Wayne and Kyle to have a fresh start it needs to be where no one knows them under whatever new identity they are using. To the general public "The 1st Batman" died that day. For Batman to become a Legacy an Idea. 2 things needed to happen the 1st that The League of Shadows Legacy needed to be absolutely crushed including Ra's Heir and that by appearing to have died in an act of self sacrifice that Batman's Legacy could now rise.

Griffith

I take it back, I take it back! I didn't think it would useful at all, really! Please, no more "insights." :magni:

hellrasinb said:
As far as the next Batman Film Series is concerned we won't have to worry about it until after the Justice League film.

I'm think that's just a rumor/ speculation. You got a link (to show) that it's concrete news?

IncantatioN said:
I'm think that's just a rumor/ speculation. You got a link (to show) that it's concrete news?

Crap. Thought I posted the link... okay here it is
Source: http://batman-news.com/2012/08/28/batman-to-get-rebooted-in-2015-justice-league-movie/

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
hellrasinb said:
As far as the next Batman Film Series is concerned we won't have to worry about it until after the Justice League film.

Either way, the Justice League movie is going to be an utter pile of shit.

Top Bottom