Breaking Bad

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
"Don't worry, Ted's not going to say anything."
I can already envision the scene: Ted opens his eyes and Walt is sitting there in front of him, expressionless. Cut to close up of Ted's eyes in terror. :magni:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Did you guys notice that in the in the opening sequence Walt
doesn't have his wedding ring on?
Does it mean anything more than that he's hiding his identity? I hope so. :iva:

Dar Klink said:
Does it mean anything more than that he's hiding his identity? I hope so. :iva:

Their marriage has been pretty rocky these past couple of seasons and Walter White essentially threatened and intimidated Skyler at the end, so there is that possibility. How would she explain it away to Walt Jr anyway?

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Ah Madrigal. How far do you guys think this rabbit hole goes? We know that
they provided equipment to Gus's business, but while I have trouble believing they were in on a lot of information, conventional TV wisdom says that with 16 episodes to go, there has to be something big still to come. Then again Breaking Bad is so good because it's unconventional.

I can't wait for the inevitable lightbulb moment for Hank. I'm rooting for him and against Walt. At least I think that much is inevitable. After that, who knows.

13 Emmy nominations - http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/07/emmy-nominations.php

Pretty cool. Another incentive for Aazealh to tune in ^_^.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
13 Emmy nominations - http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/07/emmy-nominations.php
No surprise. Season 4 was the show's best yet, in my opinion. In terms of acting, Cranston destroyed his earlier performances on at least two separate occasions in season 4.
His big scene when Walt Jr. comes knocking, and of course the climax in "Crawl Space."

Saephon

I'm really torn on whom I want to win Best Supporting Actor. Aaron Paul nailed it again of course, but I feel like he had more standout scenes in Season 3. Giancarlo Esposito was just as fantastic.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Saephon said:
I'm really torn on whom I want to win Best Supporting Actor. Aaron Paul nailed it again of course, but I feel like he had more standout scenes in Season 3. Giancarlo Esposito was just as fantastic.
My vote goes to Giancarlo, not only because of the tremendous quality of his performance this past season, but also because it's his last chance to get one for Breaking Bad (as shallow as that sounds). I've got a feeling that Aaron will be pulling out his big guns for season 5 anyway. :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Giancarlo as well, he not only had to deal with Walt and Jesse, but Hank and the cartel, and running a restaurant. He had his hands full.

Saephon

I hope the clip they use at the awards ceremony is Gus threatening Walter in "Crawlspace." The chills, man. :magni:
Of course, if they were allowed to show horrible graphic violence at the Emmy's, I'd pick a certain scene in S4E1. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"It gets better." -Heisenberg :ganishka:

Another fantastic episode. Like many talked about after the end of Crawl Space last season,
I'm pretty sure Heisenberg is the guy that crawled out of that basement. It just gets more and more obvious with each new episode.
Cranston's performances this season have been downright creepy. "Consoling" his wife at the end this time... just, wow.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to contain myself from gushing about this show on the next podcast :magni:

PS:
Hank and Mike in the same room.
:isidro:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Walter said:
PS:
Hank and Mike in the same room.
:isidro:
Hoooly crap, yeah. I had to take a second to marvel at the fact that two of my favorite
baldies
were hashing it out at last! :daiba:
I'm feeling very nervous for Mike right now, though... I can't say that I'm very sympathetic toward Lydia right now, though it seems like I'm supposed to because of her daughter. I just hope that she won't end up trying to get Mike chopped again.

NightCrawler said:
So, what is this Breaking Bad thing? Seems like a mix of Weeds and Dexter. Maybe i'll give it a go.

Some shows take a little time to get into, but Breaking Bad had my undying attention within the first 20 seconds of the first episode. I don't what your experience will be though.

I've never watched Weeds or Dexter.

Saephon

Walter said:
Cranston's performances this season have been downright creepy.

Hearing him at the beginning of the episode
when he's so masterfully trying to console Jesse over the phone, and then again when he breaks down over almost shooting Walt....Jesus man. It makes me uncomfortable how convincing he is.

Walter said:
"Consoling" his wife at the end this time... just, wow.

When he said "It gets easier", I think the fear in her eyes was communicating "That's what scares me."

Anyway another stellar episode. And we practically got 30-40 minutes of it devoted to Mike tonight. Anyone else want more of that? :ubik:

NightCrawler said:
So, what is this Breaking Bad thing? Seems like a mix of Weeds and Dexter. Maybe i'll give it a go.

Be careful. What you just said was borderline insulting; this is our territory. :slan: Yes you should watch it.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I wonder if
Madrigal just has a few bad eggs or if they're all in on it. I'm very suspicious of that bunch. Hank and Gomie VS Mike was great. Those DEA guys LOVE being dicks to the bad guys. I honestly don't know who I'm rooting for in this show. I love both the good guys and the bad guys. Man oh man.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Mike should have found another source of methylamine. I hate characters like Lydia, she's going to be an irritant to characters and viewers alike all season. Otherwise, loved it. BTW, one thing I've always liked about Mike is that at times he reminds me of a very serious George Carlin. =)

And yeah, another super creepy ending for Walter and Skylar. My girlfriend wondered aloud if he was going to rape her. That's where we are with Walt now.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I can't really say much that hasn't been said, but I'm sharing your sentiments on Lydia, Griffith.
I guess Walter is lucky that Gus didn't put anything in his or Jesse's names, that would have been game over right there

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Dar Klink said:
I can't really say much that hasn't been said, but I'm sharing your sentiments on Lydia, Griffith.
I guess Walter is lucky that Gus didn't put anything in his or Jesse's names, that would have been game over right there

Don't trust the banks, always get paid in cash.

Mike saying to Walter "Your trouble, tick tick tick.. sure had me looking back at episode 1. Mike was so defiant, without a lawyer and putting his hand on the table, I liked it very much. Hank's boss recalling the time he spent with Gus recalling he was under his nose all this time, then panning the camera to Hank as he has had Walter all under his nose all the time as well. I think Lydia will become a liability. Poor Skyler, she had that terrified looked on her face. I wonder what will be their new cooking lab?

Gobolatula said:
Giancarlo all the way. Best TV villain in history.

I really enjoyed John Lithgow in Dexter season 4.

Griffith said:
Mike should have found another source of methylamine. I hate characters like Lydia, she's going to be an irritant to characters and viewers alike all season. Otherwise, loved it. BTW, one thing I've always liked about Mike is that at times he reminds me of a very serious George Carlin. =)

And yeah, another super creepy ending for Walter and Skylar. My girlfriend wondered aloud if he was going to rape her. That's where we are with Walt now.

I thought the same thing with Mike and Carlin! :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Here are some questions answered by Cranston.

Q: Walt appears to have chanelled his former mentor/adversary Gustavo Fring. What have you been doing as an actor to prepare for that level of controlled, calm, intense presence that Giancarlo Esposito mastered with his yoga mindset? -- Dtapped

A: Deep breathing is always a good exercise, but I'm a runner instead of a yoga exercisor. But really, it's mutual. Bryan respects Giancarlo as a man and as an actor and I learned from him in both those regards. Walt respected Gus in an odd way, too, how he conducted himself, how he was clear in thought, and the absolute determination and drive he had. And knowing that now he is the kingpin, I think he learned from Gus too how to present himself. You may notice Walter is standing straighter. At the beginning of the show I wanted him to have a posture that was slumped and shlubby, the weight of the world was on his shoulders. Now that weight is off, and he's wearing the crown, and you need to have good posture, with your shoulders back, you have to stand up straight when you're wearing the crown -- otherwise it will fall off.

Q: As the show progresses, we start seeing more Heisenberg and less Walter White. If we think of these two as individuals, which one do you enjoy playing the most? -- Crabjock

A: I can't differentiate between the two, he's too close to me. He is one in the same -- you can't cut one out, because the other would die. One's the muscle, one's the brain -- and it's fun to play this guy who's become this badass.

Q: How do you think Walter White would want to be remembered? -- Ken Wynns

A: Respectfully. I think that's very important for him. And he was getting it when he was praised anonymously in manufacturing the finest methamphetamine in the world. And he relished that praise and the infamy that went along with it. That's his goal. He's very much a prideful man.

Q: What would you like to see Walt's "Last Meal" consist of? -- diksee

A: His last meal? That's presuming that he's going to die. He might, but I am saying that, in all sincere honesty, I don't know. I've never asked Vince [Gilligan] what's going to happen or how it's going to happen. I'm in exactly the same place as the audience will be after Season 5. But what would I want? Scrambled eggs, bacon, maybe some Funyons on the side. Everything that we've eaten on the show. Some scotch, some bourbon, probably some of that Pollos Hermanos chicken, it's good stuff.

Q: While it is sad to see Breaking Bad leave, how do you feel about the ending of the show? -- sendmorecops

A: Actually right now with this second to last season I feel fine, I feel good. We finished it. It's a good season and fans are going to get into it. There's a lot of crazy stuff that goes on. And then I'm looking forward to the last season that will culminate in a climax that I can't wait to find out about. At that time, I may have a different answer.

Q: Do you plan to maintain a residence in Albuquerque after the show wraps? What's your favorite Albuquerque restaurant? -- Robspiegel

A: I do. I own a house there and greatly enjoy my time there. I may be able to come back and visit and also work some more in Albuquerque. I've developed a lot of friendships and places I like to go, so it's been great for me. In terms of restaurant, I think for dinner I enjoy going out to El Pinto because of the food and the guys who own the restaurant and the general manager. I enjoy the atmosphere, the food and the drinks and it's pretty festive. And as a great standby, you can't beat Flying Star.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Everyone is into it, so i'm trying... I really liked the pilot, but i'm watching episode 5 right now and reaaally struggling with the show. Please tell me this gets better.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Everyone is into it, so i'm trying... I really liked the pilot, but i'm watching episode 5 right now and reaaally struggling with the show. Please tell me this gets better.

Watch episode 6. :slan:

Also, season 2 is very well done (only one they plotted completely in advance), and still my favorite.

Top Bottom