Breaking Bad

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the guy's thinking a little too hard on that one. It could simply be that he's estranged from his family, and that's a birthday ritual.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Walter said:
Looks like the guy's thinking a little too hard on that one. It could simply be that he's estranged from his family, and that's a birthday ritual.

While the sandwhich-cutting one rings true for me, some of the others are a bit stretching. Like you said about the bacon, it's just him lamenting. We've seen it before, when Walt gets kicked out of the house. He's walking to his apartment and passes by the community pool, and grabs the net and fishes out a bandaid that was there. Just one example of him latching onto the familiar as he copes with the separation.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
breakingbad_plane.jpg

Saephon

Hahaha. Causing plane crashes before it was mainstream. I need to watch Malcolm in the Middle again - last time I watched it I was probably Frankie Muniz's age.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My girlfriend and I watched the final episode of season 5, part 1 last weekend. I went to AMC's Breaking Bad website to see when the show's coming back...

SONUVABITCH! :mozgus:

I read a short article on ign.com today, apparently there is going to be a Breaking Bad themed Myth Busters episode coming down the line at some point. That sounds pretty damn cool to me.

FYI, Breaking Bad is at an enormous discount on amazon. You can get seasons 1-4 on blu ray for just under $52. If you were looking to buy them, now is the time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
https://twitter.com/aaronpaul_8/status/273267807406391296 said:
I just finished reading the first episode of the final season of Breaking Bad and words can not express what I just experienced. Holy shit.

He followed that up with this:

https://twitter.com/aaronpaul_8/status/275036510993133568/photo/1

:carcus:

Speaking with Vulture, Gilligan admitted that the writers room has been taking twice as long as normal (three and a half weeks) to break each of the final episodes. They know the pressure is on, but Gilligan also knows that there will inevitably be people who don’t like how the story ends:

“It’s going to be polarizing no matter how you slice it, but you don’t want 10 percent to say it was great and 90 percent to say it sucked ass. You want those numbers to be reversed.”

At the time of the interview Gilligan was busy finishing up the story for the third to last episode, but he’s upfront about the fact that he hasn’t had a clear plan for the series finale all along:

“I had this strange confidence in the beginning that I had an idea [for the ending] that was sound,” he said of Walt’s fate. “But I look back at the life of the series and realize I cycled through so many possible endings, it would be disingenuous to say I had always had it figured out. It has evolved in the last five years and probably has some evolving left to do… I read interviews with showrunners all the time who say, ‘I know exactly where this thing is headed.’ I always find that very interesting, and I don’t doubt them for a minute. It’s just I can’t see my way clear to do that because the characters in Breaking Bad are in a state of constant change by design,” he said. “When a character will be a different person five or six or ten or sixteen episodes from now, it’s hard to predict the future.”

When looking back on other famous endings, Gilligan sees the conclusion of Casablanca as pretty perfect:

“No one gets everything they wanted. The guy doesn’t get the girl, but he has the satisfaction of knowing she wants him. And he doesn’t get her because he has to save the free world. What better ending is there than that?” Gilligan said. “I’m not saying we’re going to approach that or reach in that direction. Our story doesn’t line up [with Casablanca]. But we’re looking for that kind of satisfaction.”

In crafting the show’s finale, Gilligan reveals that the writers have indeed been looking to the series’ pilot:

“Are there echoes of the beginning that we should have in the end? There’s a certain kind of circularity that might be pleasing,” Gilligan said. “We think a lot about that, in fact.”
Gilligan also talked about wanting to give a satisfying conclusion to all the show’s characters, not just Walt and Jesse:

“Sometimes it’s hard to give them all their due and make them all wrap up beautifully. That’s another big fear I have,” he said. One outcome that’s probably safe to assume? Saul will survive. “I like to think of Saul as a cockroach in the best possible way,” Gilligan said. “This is a guy who’s going to survive while the rest of us have been nuked into annihilation. He’ll be the worst-dressed cockroach in the world.”

Saul’s a character that I feel is important to have some sort of conclusion, but I won’t necessarily be angry at Gilligan if they fail to wrap up the mystery of Walt Jr.’s breakfast obsession.

Finally, the showrunner confirmed that the series finale will be the last we see of Breaking Bad. Those holding out hope for a movie down the road shouldn’t hold their breath:

“Rightly or wrongly, there will be a conclusive ending,” he told me. “Our story from the beginning has been designed to be close-ended. It’s very much designed to have a beginning, middle, and end and then to exist no more.”

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I think we actually talked about that on the Skullkast, Piraan.

But, thanks for reminding me about this. I was about to go back and watch the series again to look for possible clues pertaining to the ending.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walt's mea culpa, attempted suicide, and eventually turning his gun on his would-be pursuers immediately springs to mind.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Caribbean-760.jpg

Looking forward to Season 5.5 :guts:

Source: http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/white-family-photo-album/walt-skyler-marie-hank.php

Death May Die said:
Nice long sit down!

Conan O'Brien Interviews the Breaking Bad Cast and Creator
http://youtu.be/ugLkMf6r7rM

You should add a warning to your post: This interview contains major spoilers up through the end of season 5 episode 8. Or better yet, put the link in spoiler tags.

No wonder the fly episode felt so different from all the other episodes. Well that and I never would have guessed that there would be a Tom & Jerry style hunt coming up.

Saephon

I don't consider that good news, when July 14th was the previously announced date. We'll have waited roughly a year to see the second half of the final season.
What a joke. I know once it starts, I won't care anymore, but at least for right now, I want a damn 2-hour premiere or finale to make up for the stupid wait.

Top Bottom