Breaking Bad

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As spotted on Facebook: Pixel art of every Breaking Bad character.

breakingbad-characters.jpg

Good catch.

If you guys had to pick a favorite season which one would it be? Sorry if it's been asked before. I'm gonna marathon this before the new season airs, maybe in between a marathon of The West Wing (picked it up over the weekend, will hop on that soon, plus with Mad Men and Hannibal finishing).

New poster

breaking-bad-season-5-part-2-poster-600x928.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Interesting tagline for that poster! Though, I personally would have gone for "BECAUSE I SAY SO." :troll:

As for a favorite season... I'll say 3. Lots of crazy moments (though not the official Crazy Moment™ that everybody thinks of when they think of Breaking Bad :ganishka: ) and great tension. I remember seeing the last second of that season finale and just losing my mind.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Enigmatic poster... Reminded me of this scene: http://vimeo.com/48461312

As for my favorite, probably 4.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I second Walter. Season 4 was the most intense thing ever for me. Both the season premiere and finale gave me a full-on panic attack. No TV show has ever done that to me before hahaha. Not sure if that's a good thing. Breaking Bad is my favorite show on TV. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
It's a hard choice between 3 and 4, but I think I'm leaning towards 4. I made a lot of audible sounds while watching that one. More than the others probably.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Not as high concept as the last poster (which even the season never quite payed off), but clever since it teases both the end of the show and Walter's probable demise.

Favorite season is still the second. Three and four have some great individual episodes and peak moments, but they also have a lot of meandering that nobody considers/remembers when rating them.

Speaking of Breaking Bad:

http://gawker.com/man-accused-of-killing-girlfriend-was-inspired-by-break-597013173

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Even though those episode descriptions are gratefully worthless (See: "Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion. ") I think I'd prefer to just not click on anything like this in the future...

I would wait to watch these episodes in bulk, but the internet is a spoiler minefield. Before I got to watch some episode at some point in some season of Game of Thrones, I got spoilers when watching the daily show, checking twitter, glancing at onion headlines, and even just going to yahoo to check my fucking mail all within a couple of days.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Groovy Metal Fist said:
Before I got to watch some episode at some point in some season of Game of Thrones, I got spoilers when watching the daily show, checking twitter, glancing at onion headlines, and even just going to yahoo to check my fucking mail all within a couple of days.
And, ya know, the books that've been out for a decade.

Walter said:
And, ya know, the books that've been out for a decade.

Stealth spoilers still suck. I still wouldn't try to sneak in Perfect Blue, FFVII, or Cowboy Bebop spoilers even though those are also all over a decade old.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Groovy Metal Fist said:
Stealth spoilers still suck. I still wouldn't try to sneak in Perfect Blue, FFVII, or Cowboy Bebop spoilers even though those are also all over a decade old.
I think if anyone is going to frequent Internet forums, they should just expect to be spoiled on older things like that, though. At some point these become part of the nerd prerequisite of knowledge, like Darth Vader being Luke's father (Perfect Blue sure is a random choice though...).

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:
I think if anyone is going to frequent Internet forums, they should just expect to be spoiled on older things like that, though. At some point these become part of the nerd prerequisite of knowledge, like Darth Vader being Luke's father (Perfect Blue sure is a random choice though...).

DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!?

DAMN YOU, WALTER!

Vince Gilligan Talks Breaking Bad, the comprehensive Behind-the-Scenes Documentary, Saul Goodman Spinoff, and more - http://collider.com/breaking-bad-final-season-vince-gilligan-interview/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Season 5, part 2, trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE
Pretty awesome. You know, I wonder how I'll be watching this last season. I canceled my cable TV a few months back because neither my wife or I were using it—at all.

I suppose I could buy each episode on Amazon or, at last resort, iTunes. Does anyone have any experience watching a new season like that?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Season 5, part 2, trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

I could listen to Cranston talk for hours and never get tired of it. He could make the ingredients on an instant dinner sound like the most interesting things ever written.

Walter said:
Pretty awesome. You know, I wonder how I'll be watching this last season. I canceled my cable TV a few months back because neither my wife or I were using it—at all.

I suppose I could buy each episode on Amazon or, at last resort, iTunes. Does anyone have any experience watching a new season like that?

My fiancée and I watched season 5, part 1 that way using one of the video streaming apps on the Blu-ray player we owned at the time. I imagine watching it that way via Amazon.com or iTunes wouldn't be much different. We enjoyed watching it that way just as much as we did when we streamed seasons 1 - 4 on Netflix.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I could listen to Cranston talk for hours and never get tired of it. He could make the ingredients on an instant dinner sound like the most interesting things ever written.

My fiancée and I watched season 5, part 1 that way using one of the video streaming apps on the Blu-ray player we owned at the time. I imagine watching it that way via Amazon.com or iTunes wouldn't be much different. We enjoyed watching it that way just as much as we did when we streamed seasons 1 - 4 on Netflix.
To be more specific, I mean watching it as it's being aired. How long was the delay between air and up on streaming sites? I don't mind paying for them. Cable is just a waste of money for us.

Top Bottom