Breaking Bad

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
The kid was THE most morally grounded person on the show. It's not a surprise at all. He did the right thing.

I'm sure some of the bigger Walt die hards expect even more, like Skyler and Junior should have gone along with Hank's death, helped him cover it up, bump off Marie with the ricin if necessary (she'll be reunited with Hank in Heaven, everyone's a winner). WE'LL BE FINE, EVERYTHING'S GOING TO BE OK, WE CAN FIX THIS! TRUST ME!!

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Gobolatula said:
I would listen to that so fucking hard. :guts: You gotta convince Aaz to finally watch it.

I just know that 10 years from now, he's finally going to watch it all and come back with "Eh, it was all right." :iva:

Guuuh, this episode was soooo laaaame. Nothing but a filler snore-fest. Just kidding, please don't kill me

Up until now, the final shot of the crawl space episode was my favorite shot of the entire series.

Best shot in the whole series: First person view of Walt looking at his terrified wife clutching her protective son's arm while Holly screams and cries in the background. It had a very 'I destroyed everything I wanted to protect' kind of a feel.

I actually lost track of time watching this episode. When I saw the credits, I thought 'There's no way that was 47 minutes'.

The final episode of the show is called 'Felina'. Where in the hell did that title come from?

Also, don't go to the front page of collegehumor if you haven't seen the latest episode. They put a spoiler for episode 514 right on their front page (before the spoiler warning).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Groovy Metal Fist said:
Guuuh, this episode was soooo laaaame. Nothing but a filler snore-fest. Just kidding, please don't kill me
Skimming your post, I wasn't sure if you were joking at first... I was about to strike you down. :void:

Best shot in the whole series: First person view of Walt looking at his terrified wife clutching her protective son's arm while Holly screams and cries in the background. It had a very 'I destroyed everything I wanted to protect' kind of a feel.
That is the intent of the shot, of course. And yeah, that's the one that really stuck with me as well. The slow zoom out from them really sells it, and of course Walt's expression.

I actually lost track of time watching this episode. When I saw the credits, I thought 'There's no way that was 47 minutes'.
Same exact reaction from me. It's also a sign of fantastic writing/directing. That being said, it was such a traumatic turn of events I was ready for it to be over.

The final episode of the show is called 'Felina'. Where in the hell did that title come from?
Means 'catlike.' Could imply nine lives, ability to land on one's feet or.... a red herring :ganishka:

Walter said:
Skimming your post, I wasn't sure if you were joking at first... I was about to strike you down. :void:

I put that aside in, just in case the word 'filler' was not enough of a giveaway.

Walter said:
That is the intent of the shot, of course. And yeah, that's the one that really stuck with me as well. The slow zoom out from them really sells it, and of course Walt's expression.

I know that was the intent. And it was achieved so well! Dave Porter's music also made it that much more powerful.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SrCraneo said:
http://i.imgur.com/u11pcpm.gif

Confirmed, Jesse is Griffith.
Sadly, it actually reminded me of the opening to Movie 1. :ganishka: ... :femto:

Really, I came here to post what Griffith already has:

Griffith said:
That's precisely what he was doing and she knew it, which is why it was such a bizarrely sweet moment.

This is a very underplayed aspect of this scene—rather subtle, and completely changes the context of the scenario. I didn't catch it the first time I saw it. Second time, it's quite obvious. What a great show...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
This is a very underplayed aspect of this scene—rather subtle, and completely changes the context of the scenario. I didn't catch it the first time I saw it. Second time, it's quite obvious. What a great show...

My fiancée and I didn't catch it the first time, either. We were like, "Wow... Walt's finally snapped." But you're right, the second time around it's obvious what he's doing. I'm going to be sad when this show is over.

Watching the old commercials on youtube is much more fun because of all the comments:

Bryan Cranston Preparation H Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LnLsMW19U

Spread lightly

preparation HEISENBERG

TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

Yeah Mr. White! Yeah butt cream!

Bryan Cranston Excedrin Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x17iGxM8LQ

Jesse- "Are we in the meth business or the money business?" Walt- "Neither. I'm in the Excedrin business."

ONE BOTTLE IS NOT ENOUGH, YOU NEED TO BUY TWO!

Excedrin will kill your headaches, it will kill your migraines, it will kill your infant daughter.

The secret ingredient? Chili powder.

"How many more people have to get headaches because of us?"
"None. Now that we have excedrin, nobody else gets hurt."
"You keep saying that and it's BULLSHIT every time!"

"Skyler, WHERE IS THE EXEDRIN!!!"
"I gave it to Ted"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA"

"What kind of man takes Tylenol? No man. No man at all."

I don't have an headache, Skyler. I AM THE HEADACHE

Aaron Paul corn pops commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6JI9gzECo

son, we received a call from your teacher and he says your flunking chemistry.

Walter: Jesse, we have to cook.... Walt Jr's breakfast.
Jesse: Gotta have my Pops first, yo.

Giancarlo Esposito on Sesame Street with Big Bird:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTJsux4aVc

30 years later, Gus visits Big Bird at a retirement home, and confronts him.
"Cookie Monster, Elmo, Rusty, The Count... all dead. *points to Jesse* This man shot Elmo to death. The Sesame Street name dies with you."

The first ever bird served at Los Pollos

Walter said:
We should probably do a Breaking Bad podcast.

I would love to hear the admins and any other members of the forum who would like to chime in talk about Breaking Bad. Are you going to wait for the show to end or should we expect a podcast soon? (If you guys decide to do it of course)

Rhombaad said:
My fiancée and I didn't catch it the first time, either. We were like, "Wow... Walt's finally snapped." But you're right, the second time around it's obvious what he's doing. I'm going to be sad when this show is over.

I also didn't catch it the first time, and probably would have taken me a long time if I hadn't read it here :ganishka: So nice to see this pure act of love in such a dark episode. In the future, I hope at least Skyler would look back to their last moments with less enmity now...if she survives the last two episodes.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Last 2 #BreakingBad eps are 75 minutes each w/commercials.

Knowing AMC, it's probably only 15 extra minutes of pure commercial time. =) And for the finale they're going to try running the two shows concurrently by staggering them, "Tune in sometime during Low Winter Sun to see the end of Breaking Bad, but we won't tell you exactly when so you HAVE to watch! C'mon, pleeease, it has Gale!" Then they can finally tout the ratings of their new edgy program. Not to mention there will be a Marvelesque post credits sequence for Better Call Saul. Investigator: "How did this all happen, Mr. Goodman?" Saul: "Let me start from the beginning..."
gutsbarf.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Knowing AMC, it's probably only 15 extra minutes of pure commercial time. =) And for the finale they're going to try running the two shows concurrently by staggering them, "Tune in sometime during Low Winter Sun to see the end of Breaking Bad, but we won't tell you exactly when so you HAVE to watch! C'mon, pleeease, it has Gale!" Then they can finally tout the ratings of their new edgy program.
Our edgy new show's premiere had as many viewers as the Breaking Bad finale! :isidro:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/breaking-bad-ozymandias-lulz-gomie.jpg

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/breaking-bad-ozymandias-lulz-betterway.jpg

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/breaking-bad-ozymandias-lulz-buffalotodd.jpg

Top Bottom