Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 55151 times)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: Prometheus
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »
Terribly written/edited article. However the fact it's apparently not tied too closely to the main Alien movies is welcome news to me. That being said: Damon Lindelof from Lost wrote the scenario? Hahahahhahahahaha. :judo:

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »
Wow, I've heard that one before; are they talking about Prometheus, or Lulu? Also, it's hard to do, but they've actually managed to overrate Alien and Blade Runner, two of my favorite movies ever, for the purpose of over-hyping this supposedly non-"event movie" event movie. That's truly a disservice to everything involved, Scott, his old movies, and this new one. BTW, the 74-year-old-thrice-Oscar-losing director made those movies thirty years ago. That's more time than passed between George Lucas' stints directing Star Wars movies. Of course, Scott's much better and has been keeping in practice, but he's no more Ridley Scott the director of 1982 than Michael Jordan is the basketball player of 1982, it's just not as apparent from their respective milieus. Anyway, I don't mean to bash the movie itself, just the hype, because as someone hoping it will actually be respectable, this kind of all-too-familiar-hyphenated-hyperbole doesn't sit well.

So...what you're saying is...that you can't wait to see it!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »
Terribly written/edited article. However the fact it's apparently not tied too closely to the main Alien movies is welcome news to me.

Seems like they're having it both ways. Scott's quote in itself was ludicrous, either giving away the movie or what anyone would care about it.

That being said: Damon Lindelof from Lost wrote the scenario?

I thought it was by the producers of Legends of the Hidden Temple?

:troll:

Lindelof should just go balls out and say it'll reveal the TRUE secrets of Lost. EVENT!

So...what you're saying is...that you can't wait to see it!

I could probably wait however long I live depending on how things look. If it seems like a true return to form, it's must-see, if it seems like Prometheus and the Kingdom of the Crystal Alien Skull... not so much.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »
What happened to the synopsis you posted NightCrawler?! I read it last evening before leaving from work and it's disappeared >_>'
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
What happened to the synopsis you posted NightCrawler?! I read it last evening before leaving from work and it's disappeared >_>'

It was fake.
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
I'm glad it was because there were some real sappy moments on there like Fassbender's character realizing he's becoming more human ... just felt funny.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »
Here is a pic with images in case anyone didn't get to see it.

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Official trailer out on iTunes this Thursday.  :ubik:
That terrifying music from the original Alien trailer still sends shivers up my spine.

Oh and officially no traditional Alien will appear in this film: (From AvPGalaxy)

EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, hes now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »
EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, hes now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!

:ganishka:

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »
Typical Ridley  :guts:

So is this a teaser for the trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC-caP1NX1M

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
"So here we are, Im back again" *CUE HORRIFIED SOUND EFFECT SCREAMING*

It's if the franchise itself is terrified  :magni:
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 12:28:34 AM »
"So here we are, Im back again" *CUE HORRIFIED SOUND EFFECT SCREAMING*

It's if the franchise itself is terrified  :magni:
Hahaha! I hope not! Then again it's Ridley and *sigh* ... his recent work is lacking.

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »
Teaser for the trailer, part 2

http://youtu.be/vD7Z-CTbbKk

Offline frankencowx

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 05:46:37 PM »

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »
Trailer looks good, although I don't know what the hell is going on.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
Trailer looks good, although I don't know what the hell is going on.
Pretty much how I feel. The trailer looks reassuringly awesome. Though I'm not sure I really want to get a plot synopsis beyond what I already know.

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »
We get to see the derelict ship actually crash land, then tip over!  :isidro:

Also did anyone else catch the Pilot-Alien's head on an exam table? What was with those egg-like shapes in front of the face?! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
Does look good. Even with a lot of special effects it still has that old school 80s sci-fi feel to it. The head on the table is the space jockey from the first Alien, for sure. Maybe not that one specifically but no doubt that's the same head/mask.

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:51 AM »
Most anticipated movie of 2012, no question.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 04:09:30 AM »
I just watched the trailer again in HD and did a frame by frame. I almost don't want to jinx it but I think Scott may make possibly the greatest comeback of any director. I say comeback but looking back at his filmography he has a lot of great movies with a only few in between that suck terribly. But it's not as bad as I thought. The directors cut of Kingdom Of Heaven for example is a great film, I've watched it at least five times. Obviously his sci-fi films are legendary and having not made one for so long now, and based on that trailer, I'm certain he hasn't lost his touch.

Anyway, I was so excited last night that I put in my directors cut of Alien and realized how much I freakin love that movie. In HD in looked insanely good. I plan on watching it again tonight with director commentary.

Also in the trailer the part where the girl falls down and is covered in what looks like dirt, I'm guessing all the brown stuff is blood. In trailers they usually change the color of blood to brown or black.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
Most anticipated movie of 2012, no question.

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 03:42:03 PM »
So, this trailer actually showed quite a bit. Here we go:

1. We get to SEE the crash of the Derelict Ship. That's just really cool, since people first caught a glimpse of it in 1979.

2. There's a man in he trailer whose face is undergoing a change. Looks like he turns into this:

3. Now here's where things get ultra interesting. What I think EVERYONE thought was the Pilot-Alien's head is actually a helmet of sorts. (You'll see why I think this in a minute)

4. The Map Room. We see the 'Pilot Chair' rise from this same room during the trailer. NOTE: The person's size here...

5. THE PILOT HIMSELF MAKES AN APPEARANCE! Compare how much bigger he is compared to the human in the picture above. Also, when you see the Pilot-seat rise, there's no head there. (See pic below)

6. See, no head.

Now I wonder why the ship crashes. Until this moment I assumed it was because of The Pilot, er The Space Jockey, got Facehugged or lost control of the ship while a Chestburster tore through him.

So, in Prometheus, the Helmet is taken off the Space Jocket/Pilot. Ultimately it's returned as the crew of the Nostromo find it in Alien.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:06:52 PM by Proj2501 »

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
Yeah, I think I'm going to go into radio silence mode on this movie until it comes out.  :magni:

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
I'm sorry.  :farnese: