Prometheus

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Terribly written/edited article. However the fact it's apparently not tied too closely to the main Alien movies is welcome news to me. That being said: Damon Lindelof from Lost wrote the scenario? Hahahahhahahahaha. :judo:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
Wow, I've heard that one before; are they talking about Prometheus, or Lulu? Also, it's hard to do, but they've actually managed to overrate Alien and Blade Runner, two of my favorite movies ever, for the purpose of over-hyping this supposedly non-"event movie" event movie. That's truly a disservice to everything involved, Scott, his old movies, and this new one. BTW, the 74-year-old-thrice-Oscar-losing director made those movies thirty years ago. That's more time than passed between George Lucas' stints directing Star Wars movies. Of course, Scott's much better and has been keeping in practice, but he's no more Ridley Scott the director of 1982 than Michael Jordan is the basketball player of 1982, it's just not as apparent from their respective milieus. Anyway, I don't mean to bash the movie itself, just the hype, because as someone hoping it will actually be respectable, this kind of all-too-familiar-hyphenated-hyperbole doesn't sit well.

So...what you're saying is...that you can't wait to see it!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Terribly written/edited article. However the fact it's apparently not tied too closely to the main Alien movies is welcome news to me.

Seems like they're having it both ways. Scott's quote in itself was ludicrous, either giving away the movie or what anyone would care about it.

Aazealh said:
That being said: Damon Lindelof from Lost wrote the scenario?

I thought it was by the producers of Legends of the Hidden Temple?

complete-legends-of-the-hidden-temple-best-quality-091f4.jpg

:troll:

Lindelof should just go balls out and say it'll reveal the TRUE secrets of Lost. EVENT!

Johnstantine said:
So...what you're saying is...that you can't wait to see it!

I could probably wait however long I live depending on how things look. If it seems like a true return to form, it's must-see, if it seems like Prometheus and the Kingdom of the Crystal Alien Skull... not so much.

I'm glad it was because there were some real sappy moments on there like
Fassbender's character realizing he's becoming more human ... just felt funny

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Official trailer out on iTunes this Thursday. :ubik:
That terrifying music from the original Alien trailer still sends shivers up my spine.

Oh and officially no traditional Alien will appear in this film: (From AvPGalaxy)

EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Proj2501 said:
EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!

:ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"So here we are, Im back again" *CUE HORRIFIED SOUND EFFECT SCREAMING*

It's if the franchise itself is terrified :magni:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Trailer looks good, although I don't know what the hell is going on.
Pretty much how I feel. The trailer looks reassuringly awesome. Though I'm not sure I really want to get a plot synopsis beyond what I already know.

We get to see the derelict ship actually crash land, then tip over! :isidro:

Also did anyone else catch the Pilot-Alien's head on an exam table? What was with those egg-like shapes in front of the face?! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Does look good. Even with a lot of special effects it still has that old school 80s sci-fi feel to it. The head on the table is the space jockey from the first Alien, for sure. Maybe not that one specifically but no doubt that's the same head/mask.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just watched the trailer again in HD and did a frame by frame. I almost don't want to jinx it but I think Scott may make possibly the greatest comeback of any director. I say comeback but looking back at his filmography he has a lot of great movies with a only few in between that suck terribly. But it's not as bad as I thought. The directors cut of Kingdom Of Heaven for example is a great film, I've watched it at least five times. Obviously his sci-fi films are legendary and having not made one for so long now, and based on that trailer, I'm certain he hasn't lost his touch.

Anyway, I was so excited last night that I put in my directors cut of Alien and realized how much I freakin love that movie. In HD in looked insanely good. I plan on watching it again tonight with director commentary.

Also in the trailer the part where the girl falls down and is covered in what looks like dirt, I'm guessing all the brown stuff is blood. In trailers they usually change the color of blood to brown or black.

So, this trailer actually showed quite a bit. Here we go:

1. We get to SEE the crash of the Derelict Ship. That's just really cool, since people first caught a glimpse of it in 1979.
Picture7.png

2. There's a man in he trailer whose face is undergoing a change. Looks like he turns into this:
Picture8.png

3. Now here's where things get ultra interesting. What I think EVERYONE thought was the Pilot-Alien's head is actually a helmet of sorts. (You'll see why I think this in a minute)
Picture2.png

4. The Map Room. We see the 'Pilot Chair' rise from this same room during the trailer. NOTE: The person's size here...
Picture6.png

5. THE PILOT HIMSELF MAKES AN APPEARANCE! Compare how much bigger he is compared to the human in the picture above. Also, when you see the Pilot-seat rise, there's no head there. (See pic below)
Picture9.png

6. See, no head.
SpaceJockey.jpg

Now I wonder why the ship crashes. Until this moment I assumed it was because of The Pilot, er The Space Jockey, got Facehugged or lost control of the ship while a Chestburster tore through him.

So, in Prometheus, the Helmet is taken off the Space Jocket/Pilot. Ultimately it's returned as the crew of the Nostromo find it in Alien.

Top Bottom