Prometheus

Oburi

All praise Grail
It almost seems like the crew go through some kind of transformation.

Walter said:
Yeah, I think I'm going to go into radio silence mode on this movie until it comes out. :magni:

I want too but the speculation is too much fun for a movie like this.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Proj2501 said:
So, this trailer actually showed quite a bit. Here we go:

1. We get to SEE the crash of the Derelict Ship. That's just really cool, since people first caught a glimpse of it in 1979.
Picture7.png

2. There's a man in he trailer whose face is undergoing a change. Looks like he turns into this:
Picture8.png

3. Now here's where things get ultra interesting. What I think EVERYONE thought was the Pilot-Alien's head is actually a helmet of sorts. (You'll see why I think this in a minute)
Picture2.png

4. The Map Room. We see the 'Pilot Chair' rise from this same room during the trailer. NOTE: The person's size here...
Picture6.png

5. THE PILOT HIMSELF MAKES AN APPEARANCE! Compare how much bigger he is compared to the human in the picture above. Also, when you see the Pilot-seat rise, there's no head there. (See pic below)
Picture9.png

6. See, no head.
SpaceJockey.jpg

Now I wonder why the ship crashes. Until this moment I assumed it was because of The Pilot, er The Space Jockey, got Facehugged or lost control of the ship while a Chestburster tore through him.

So, in Prometheus, the Helmet is taken off the Space Jocket/Pilot. Ultimately it's returned as the crew of the Nostromo find it in Alien.

Thank you for posting these. My heart started beating fast because of all of these. I'm very much excited for this movie even moreso now.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Weyland Industries TED 2023 Convention Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpYUW0ekPSA&list=UU-a8YPjQsLywVqBzVelFJZg&index=1&feature=plcp

hellrasinbrasin said:
Weyland Industries TED 2023 Convention Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpYUW0ekPSA&list=UU-a8YPjQsLywVqBzVelFJZg&index=1&feature=plcp

Watching this trailer conjured up the last scene in AvP:R, the one with Mrs. Yutani. *EYE ROLL* I'm still mad those AVP movies are technically canon. :mozgus:

IncantatioN said:
Color me psyched.

I don't recall that last scene, Proj. I guess I'll re-watch the movie in the next few weeks *sigh*

Why in God's name would you do that to yourself man? Forget I said anything you scoundrel!

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Proj2501 said:
Watching this trailer conjured up the last scene in AvP:R, the one with Mrs. Yutani. *EYE ROLL* I'm still mad those AVP movies are technically canon. :mozgus:

This Guy Pearce clip just shows that the AVP movies are not cannon. Remember Lance as Weyland in the first AVP?

Oburi said:
Seems like Guy Pierce is really digging into the role and enjoying every second of it :guts:

He sounds a lot like John Hurt ;)

Oburi

All praise Grail
frankencowx said:
Although I think hes only in the movie for maybe a minute :(

yea I was hoping he'd have a bigger role but after seeing him as Weyland I guess it will be a short, but memorable one.

NightCrawler

In the trailer, there's an old man in a wheelchair, might be him. Since the mission is 50y after this clip.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I was wondering at what point this clip was suppose to take place. I really like this clip. Guy Pierce sells it so well. It would be cool if they released more promotional clips of this quality that weren't actually in the movie.

There's a TEASER out there for the full trailer, which comes out on the 17th heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9AAtt8mg7M&feature=player_embedded

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Proj2501 said:
As psyched as I am for this movie, these previews of trailers is getting, how shall I put this...FUCKING ANNOYING.

It does give one pause to reflect on the fact we're talking about a has-been going back to a well that's long since been poisoned. Perhaps our optimism should be more the cautious variety. After all, you can't go home again, step in the same river twice, etc.

NightCrawler

Proj2501 said:
As psyched as I am for this movie, these previews of trailers is getting, how shall I put this...FUCKING ANNOYING.

So a preview for a trailer is annoying, but screenshots, plot tidbits, and all that shit is not? I don't get all the complaint about "trailers for trailers". It's just a tease, like everything else. Gets people talking. Isn't more annoying than any other form of publicity.

Griffith said:
It does give one pause to reflect on the fact we're talking about a has-been going back to a well that's long since been poisoned. Perhaps our optimism should be more the cautious variety. After all, you can't go home again, step in the same river twice, etc.

Has-been? Who nowadays can deliver a movie like this? If Ridley misses, no one could've done better.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
NightCrawler said:
Has-been? Who nowadays can deliver a movie like this? If Ridley misses, no one could've done better.

If James Cameron had the helm, I'd be down. Despite his lackluster stories, he's still a damn fine director.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I wouldn't call Scott a has-been but I wouldn't really say if he can't do it nobody can either. It's somewhere in between. I am cautious because Scott has been hit and miss for the last 20+ years and his films range from one extreme to another. However, from what I've seen of Prometheus so far I'm confident this will be a good one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And honestly, it's been so long since he has done a proper a sci-fi film that nobody is in a position to say what he is or isn't capable of for this type of movie. If Alien and Blade Runner are anything to go by he knows what he's doing. And it does look good right?

Basically we just won't know until we know.

NightCrawler

Johnstantine said:
If James Cameron had the helm, I'd be down. Despite his lackluster stories, he's still a damn fine director.

Cameron is a cheap thrills director, and he's the best at that. The best at blockbuster entertainment. But he's not in Scott's league. I mean, the guy made the two best sci-fi movies of the last 35years. Nothing that Cameron did comes close (Aliens and Terminator are his best and look like made-to-tv movies compared to Alien and Blade Runner).
Still, of course i have my reservations, mainly because of Lindelof.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
But he's not in Scott's league. I mean, the guy made the two best sci-fi movies of the last 35years.

You know who else probably isn't in 1982 Ridley Scott's league? 2012 Ridley Scott. My point before was the flip side of those movies being two of the best sci-fi films of the last 35 years is that he made them 30+ years ago. Since then I'm not as enamored with his work. I'm intrigued of course, but I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they go into Prometheus like it's really the next sci-fi movie from the brilliant young talent that made Alien and Blade Runner, as if this was filmed in 1984 directly following them but was lost. Unfortunately, any return to form he has in this film will more likely take the form of his directorial work in the last decade, not the 80's. That man no longer exists. Cameron is an apt parallel in that people were hoping Avatar was going to be something it wasn't, some epic blast from his past, because they ignored what he'd done since, and so we ended up with a movie far more Titanic than it was Terminator. Needless to say, I'm glad Russell Crowe wasn't cast in this film.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
NightCrawler said:
Cameron is a cheap thrills director, and he's the best at that. The best at blockbuster entertainment. But he's not in Scott's league.

Maybe Scott from the 80s. Scott's recent movies make Uwe Boll look like a fucking genius.

Top Bottom