Prometheus

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Johnstantine said:
Maybe Scott from the 80s. Scott's recent movies make Uwe Boll look like a fucking genius.

That's insanely stupid.
What did Cameron made of worth after the 80's anyway? What i'm saying is Ridley at his best is miles ahead of Cameron. Actually even Cameron himself pushed Scott to direct more sci-fi (he even said he made the best movies in that genre, so at least he acknowledges Scott for that.)
Another curious fact, when Alien 5 was about to happen, Cameron was the producer and Scott the director.

Griffith said:
You know who else probably isn't in 1982 Ridley Scott's league? 2012 Ridley Scott.

I agree. But Scott is more of a visual director than a storyteller. With a good script he will make it happen.

H

hellrasinbrasin

The last Trailer-Tease was released Yesterday... Look to the full 2:00 Trailer Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCtvg6rUWyw

While it looks good, it gives away a bit more than I'd hoped. I'm just glad it's a 1 minute trailer.

If you haven't seen this trailer yet, wait for the HD one to come out.

NightCrawler

IncantatioN said:
While it looks good, it gives away a bit more than I'd hoped. I'm just glad it's a 1 minute trailer.

If you haven't seen this trailer yet, wait for the HD one to come out.

Yikes, i'm not glad to have watched that, it's way too revealing.

NightCrawler said:
Yikes, i'm not glad to have watched that, it's way too revealing.
I know right ... why do they do that these days?! It's like telling everyone "Hey look, this and that are in the movie OK, come see it. Oh wait, here's what happens too.". I was kinda upset when I watched the trailer, wishing I could erase part of my memory.

H

hellrasinbrasin

And here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6OKoW30Pk&feature=player_embedded

NightCrawler

Man, this plot is so easy to guess:
earth visited by aliens in ancient times, humans get too advanced in their technology, which will lead them to a doomsday trap made by the aliens, to prevent humans to be more than they aspire to be.

Still, i hope i'm wrong and there's more to it. I'll be there on opening night for sure.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Here's the International Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGW0LtO59-E&list=UU-a8YPjQsLywVqBzVelFJZg&index=1&feature=plcp

The trailer is very impressive. I pray that the movie ends up being better than the trailer, and not the other way around, which seems to be the case for most high profile releases these days. Hopefully there will be no more trailers from here until launch..

H

hellrasinbrasin

xlarge.jpg

2_1.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

::prometheus WeylandIndustries David Promo #2::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DOOJl5lWNfM

H

hellrasinbrasin

I don't think so... I do know that it's a moot issue anyway as far as rating goes.
Even if the cut that runs in theaters is PG-13 we will still get an R-Rated Directors
Cut on DVD. So really its a win-win all round.

hellrasinbrasin said:
I don't think so... I do know that it's a moot issue anyway as far as rating goes.
Even if the cut that runs in theaters is PG-13 we will still get an R-Rated Directors

I agree, but its kind of strange that the movie is less than 2 months out from release, and there's still no word yet on a rating. Either the film isn't finished or there are some issues with the content that are dragging things out.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
hellrasinbrasin said:

No it isn't. The issue is that you're paying top dollar to see a potentially incomplete or self-censored version of the film in theaters. It's especially not a moot issue for those that take the medium seriously, and see this as potentially the best of the year, if they can only experience the worst version of it in the best venue. To put it another way, I'd rather not see the watered down, fullscreen, TV edited, kids' version from Walmart in theaters just so I can pay for it again to see the real version later on a pan and scan digital TV. It's an issue of integrity, and the only way it'll be moot is if they display some, which Ridley Scott hopefully will.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Griffith said:
No it isn't. The issue is that you're paying top dollar to see a potentially incomplete or self-censored version of the film in theaters. It's especially not a moot issue for those that take the medium seriously, and see this as potentially the best of the year, if they can only experience the worst version of it in the best venue. To put it another way, I'd rather not see the watered down, fullscreen, TV edited, kids' version from Walmart in theaters just so I can pay for it again to see the real version later on a pan and scan digital TV. It's an issue of integrity, and the only way it'll be moot is if they display some, which Ridley Scott hopefully will.

Its not even that Griffith its the fact that the MPAA has yet to decide how they want to rate the film. If they say its PG-13 then any Graphic Violence, Nudity, or sexual content will be toned down for that cut... If they say its an R-Rated film no cuts-no problem.

Regardless, its crap that his vision should be compromised for the sake of corporate greed, but hey it could be worse right? =S Or would a neutered version be the ultimate low?

From an interview he and key cast members had in Paris recently - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0rb_9fqB4&feature=player_embedded

“The cut that you’re gonna see in cinemas…it’s always the director’s cut, really ...I’ve only made a mistake once on cutting a film short — I won’t say what it is right now, because this is not the time — but I removed 17 minutes off a movie, and I didn’t ruin it, but it wasn’t [as effective]. In this instance, you got a pretty good version here, pretty good cut. We’re running at about — I think without the end titles, which normally run about four to five minutes — we’re running one hour, fifty-nine minutes and change. It’s very tight, it’s what it should be.”

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
hellrasinbrasin said:
Its not even that Griffith

Sure it is, I was talking about that practice and mentality in general; that it doesn't matter because of the Blu-ray.

hellrasinbrasin said:
its the fact that the MPAA has yet to decide how they want to rate the film. If they say its PG-13 then any Graphic Violence, Nudity, or sexual content will be toned down for that cut... If they say its an R-Rated film no cuts-no problem.

The wording of that explanation is a little backward, it's not like the MPAA declares what rating the film must have and then it's cut to reflect that (e.g. "It should be an R movie so ADD more violence"). It's the filmmakers and studio that decide what rating they want, and then submit a cut to the MPAA and go back and forth from there. If Scott says his cut is the final one regardless of rating and the studio respects that, then it won't matter what the MPAA rates it (remember what happened with Blue Valentine, though that won't be an issue here).

IncantatioN said:
From an interview he and key cast members had in Paris recently - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0rb_9fqB4&feature=player_embedded

They seem to be talking about length, not content though.

H

hellrasinbrasin

And the cut of Prometheus to be shown June.8.2012 will be rated PG-13.
You will see the R-Rated cut on DVD/Blu-Ray sometime in 2013.

Source: http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/168

Top Bottom