Black Metal

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Okay so I just learned that Wolves in the Throne Room are gonna play in my town on September 8Th and got really excited about that. So my point being : Any fan of that band and/or any other black metal band? Whats your favorite band in this particular metallic area?

Myself : Darkthrone, Wolves in the throne Room, Deafheaven (not a favorite but a good one that I just discovered) and another one that I wont named ;)

i am also starting this thread so that I can find other good black metal band from you guys maybe?

Enjoy the thread!

The closest thing to black metal that I've ever liked were the Mercyful Fate's first two albums, "Melissa" and "Don't Break the Oath" :serpico:
And perhaps the early Celtic Frost, before their disastrous attempt at "glam metal" with their 1988 album "Cold Lake"

Fairly big Blackmetal fan here, but Deathmetal reigns supreme! I love the classics and a few albums here and there. Select albums from bands like Primordial, Thorns, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Immortal, Blut Aus Nord, Deathspell Omega, The Shining, Darkthrone, Summoning, Bathory, Dark Funeral, Dissection, Ulver, Rotting Christ and so forth. There's just too many to list.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Señor Caudillo said:
And perhaps the early Celtic Frost, before their disastrous attempt at "glam metal" with their 1988 album "Cold Lake"

I'm not sure how the album was perceived by the metal community because I'm really out of the loop and not involved in it, but I thought that 2006's Monotheist was damn good.

I dabble in the genre here and there, but I'm much more interested in post-metal/crust. Wolves In The Throne Room seems to touch base with that crowd a lot more, as far as I can tell. I know a lot more crusties into that band than black metal dudes.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Viral Harvest said:
I dabble in the genre here and there, but I'm much more interested in post-metal/crust. Wolves In The Throne Room seems to touch base with that crowd a lot more, as far as I can tell. I know a lot more crusties into that band than black metal dudes.

So true my friend. I myself am more a fan of screamo and sludge. a bit of crust here and there. I find Wolves In The Throneroom to be a mix of screamo and black metal imo. A bit like Deafheaven on deathwish records. I,m still glad to go to the show though!

Top Bottom