Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Last night, me and Grail saw the new Planet of the Apes movie. It was really. Really. REALLY. GOOD. Anyone else here see it? Yeah, it was great, wasn't it?

When I saw the trailer, I had an idea that it would probably be *kinda* good. But I was surprised at just how much I was enjoying it. They really did a fantastic job with all the various apes. Andy Serkis is some kind of ape genius.

The story of the main ape character, Caesar, is so heart-wrenching. You really end up full-on rooting for him.

I want to see this movie again real soon.

turkitage

ターク
Hmmm I felt up in the air about this one. It didn't look that good in the trailer. But... Maybe I will see it based on your thoughts.

Thanks for the reassurance. :serpico: Yeah, I'll definitely see this when it comes out on blu-ray. I thought it looked decent from the previews and I like the concept of the original story. There's just something intriguing about one group of primates overpowering and conquering another group of primates (been there done that). Was it better than the '72 prequel?

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Is this really deserving of it's own thread? Yes it was surprisingly good, for a B movie. Nothing more. I think it caught everyone off guard since the trailer and the premise were so shitty.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Saw it with my girlfriend. Thought it was pretty good too. Definitely better than the previews made it out to be. The CGI was wonky in parts, but overall pretty convincing.

I thought the way they handled humans dying out was pretty logical. I was initially afraid the apes were going to try for a global takeover which would've been a huge stretch.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Whatshisname Draco Malfoy was pretty decent in this. Weird seeing him with an American accent. Also weird seeing
him get fried to death.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I saw the movie just now, I personally loved it, im sure most people would enjoy it. i thought Caesar was pretty awesome.
I didn't expect that any of the apes would speak, but it was pretty badass when Caesar said "NOOOO!" :guts: and when Donkey Kong died it was pretty sad :sad:

also, is there going to be a 2nd movie?im not sure if the ending is hinting at another movie or not.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Truder said:
also, is there going to be a 2nd movie?im not sure if the ending is hinting at another movie or not.
I heard it might star Charlton Heston!

Top Bottom