Band of the Hawk Membership Contest

I gave up since I don't want to spam my twitter friends too much. I just log in every day and check if there's any news. Maybe with the special campaigns I'll catch up, but it won't be a big deal if I don't.
I'll just write the sequel and be in the credits anyway. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
To all SK.net members who've taken part in this contest at one point or another: Clara de Porras announced the final details of who would be featured in the first movie's end credits and how. It turns out the top 1500 members (on a total of ~4000) will be featured. That's right, one thousand and five hundred. So Oburi, Rhombaad, Handmade_lion and such, if you guys kept going you still have a chance of being in there. The contest will end on 4/12 at midnight, Japanese time.

I remember that day you posted (tweeted) at exactly the rollover time I think, Aaz, and missed a day's worth of points! So sad!

But sure! I need to tweet more often, anyway.

Still, it's good to know that some American and English-speaking fans of Berserk will be representing in the credits.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Aazealh said:
To all SK.net members who've taken part in this contest at one point or another: Clara de Porras announced the final details of who would be featured in the first movie's end credits and how. It turns out the top 1500 members (on a total of ~4000) will be featured. That's right, one thousand and five hundred. So Oburi, Rhombaad, Handmade_Lion and such, if you guys kept going you still have a chance of being in there. The contest will end on 4/12 at midnight, Japanese time.
Awesome :badbone:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm going to continue my run of cynical snark on the subject by pointing out it's also not too late to intentionally fall out of the running in case you don't want to be associated with this perversion of our beloved series. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I'm going to continue my run of cynical snark on the subject by pointing out it's also not too late to intentionally fall out of the running in case you don't want to be associated with this perversion of our beloved series. :carcus:

Damn you, tempter!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:

Haha yea. But you know being the largest Berserk online community it's just seems right that we have as many of our members names on that list.

Griffith said:

I can't help but wonder, does this inclusion of Twitter followers' names in credits applies only to the theatrical version of the film? Somehow I got a feeling that all those fan names are gonna be removed from the credits, once this movie is released on DVD.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
I can't help but wonder, does this inclusion of Twitter followers' names in credits applies only to the theatrical version of the film? Somehow I got a feeling that all those fan names are gonna be removed from the credits, once this movie is released on DVD.
Why would they bother to remove them? It wouldn't make much sense to go out of their way to take it OUT of the DVD/BluRay instead of leaving the credits in unmolested.

Walter said:
Why would they bother to remove them? It wouldn't make much sense to go out of their way to take it OUT of the DVD/BluRay instead of leaving the credits in unmolested.

I meant to say that it seems like the addition of the Twitter followers' names to the film credits will be done to the Japanese theatrical print only. On the other hand, the film's original master tapes (from which all the work prints for the DVDs and foreign markets are going to be derived from) will remain unaltered, w/no fan names included in the credits.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
the film's original master tapes (from which all the work prints for the DVDs and foreign markets are going to be derived from)
Man, I sure hope they aren't still using tapes :ganishka:

The answer to your question remains to be seen, but I genuinely don't believe they would remove fans names from the movie. The contest isn't region-specific. Even though there are some Japan-only opportunities, people from all across the world are participating. Even in an international release, including the names of fans of the series is still relevant.

X

Xem

Not that I really see how it matters but sometimes the contests for names in credits simply land them in the DVD/Blu-Ray releases (sometimes even just in extended cuts) and not in theaters at all. That's what I'm used to seeing anyway, not the other way around.

Good work to those who succeeded and I feel for those who missed it by a thread. It'd be really cool if they credit you guys as members of the Band of the Hawk in the credits. I'd actually be kinda jealous if they do it like that.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
So, if you've been doing the Twitter contest, and you want to change your Twitter name, you shouldn't. According to Clara, the points won't be transferred to your new name.

Top Bottom