Berserk TV series Bluray BOX Set (Japan)

Not confirmed yet, but seems likely: http://muhootsaver.tistory.com/1389

I've been following this site lately because of the new Kenshin OVA Bluray set that comes out today. Apparently, sometimes Japanese BD anime includes English subtitles, so there may be a chance with Berserk, but who knows? Anyways, if there are subs, I'll definitely pick it up!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Rumor: Berserk TV series Bluray BOX Set (Japan)

Would be nice if confirmed, especially with subtitles.

Don't anime blurays also usually contain remastered and reanimated scenes? I know I've seen a lot of charts showing how they corrected and added to the animation in a lot of different shows for bluray releases. It'd be sweet if they did that for Berserk.

Pretty sure an upscale of a '97 low budget show isn't worth it :slan:
As for remastered and reanimated material, I doubt it.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!

CCS said:
Don't anime blurays also usually contain remastered and reanimated scenes? I know I've seen a lot of charts showing how they corrected and added to the animation in a lot of different shows for bluray releases. It'd be sweet if they did that for Berserk.
Well, they did that to DragonBall Kai... Not sure what else that's happened to. I'd like to know, though.

I think if they put out a Blu Ray of the TV anime, it would just be remastered.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

CCS said:
Well, maybe for stuff from bigger studios or currently airing releases, but for something like Berserk from a studio nobody can even remember the name of without looking it up(besides Aaz and Walter :iva: ) that may not even produce anything these days, I doubt it. It'll be shittily upscaled and the remaster dvd version DirectDK worked on will probably still end up looking the best out of everything released.

No longer a rumor, preordered:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%89%A3%E9%A2%A8%E4%BC%9D%E5%A5%87%E3%83%99%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AFBD-BOX-Blu-ray-%E6%9E%97-%E5%BB%B6%E5%B9%B4/dp/B0065YEY9S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2KBBWK0UZUIC0&colid=25YRV3V5KDNB3

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPXY-71924

:guts: :guts:

Thanks Dr. Legato for the heads up

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Balls. Blu-Ray is region-coded, right?

Cdjapan says it's region free (Amazon doesn't, though), but anyway blu-rays have a similar region code for the US and Japan, so you'll be able to play it without any problem.

Very cool indeed. I would probably consider buying if I had the cash and didn't just buy the whole serise on dvd a few months ago. It would be cool if they had some added insentive to buy it with a swag-tastic limited edition or something but I doubt this would get such treatment.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Either way, if you have an American or a Japanese blu-ray player it doesn't matter, its all region "A"

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%89%A3%E9%A2%A8%E4%BC%9D%E5%A5%87%E3%83%99%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AFBD-BOX-Blu-ray-%E6%9E%97-%E5%BB%B6%E5%B9%B4/dp/B0065YEY9S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2KBBWK0UZUIC0&colid=25YRV3V5KDNB3

Artwork looking good ^^

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
PublicEnemy said:
Artwork for the Box set is terrible. DVD Remastered Box set art is amazing.

The original box set artwork (done by Miura) is the best by far.

DVD-Miura.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, that artwork for the blu-ray is worse than I could have imagined; it's even worse than this:

Berserk_-_Box_of_War.jpg

Well... maybe it's a tie for last.
gutsbarf.gif

Aazealh said:
The original box set artwork (done by Miura) is the best by far.

It's one of my favorite paintings of Guts period.

Anyway, if they don't truly remaster it for blu-ray, is there any practical reason to get this over the lovingly crafted DirectDK edition?

That DVD Box cover looks the best so far. The new cover looks real bad, I wouldn't have recognized the Griffith on the cover it there wasn't a Berserk logo on the box.

Top Bottom