Berserk TV series Bluray BOX Set (Japan)

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
Th Blueray box set is out:

http://www.vap.co.jp/berserk/bluray.html

"Wind Sword Berserk romance" BD-BOX
26,250 yen (tax included)
Vpxy-71924
Release Date: January 18, 2012 (Wednesday)
Publisher: VAP Specifications: Blu-Dual layer / 625 minutes / about all five ray Disc / color / 4:3 <1080p High-Definition> (1080i part in Bonus) / Linear PCM2.0ch/MPEG-4/AVC ※ Specifications may change without notice.

October 1998 to March 1997, all 25 episodes that aired Tuesday night at the borders NTV, Blu-I finally ray! New HD Remastered from the original negative was finished.Newly drawn cover, label the disk surface, specially enclosed booklet 24p.Ten million TV spot during the broadcast, and non-credit opening and ending movie "The Golden Age Part Ⅰ Overlord eggs Berserk" news flash, video recording will notice.Movie "The Golden Age Part Ⅰ Overlord eggs Berserk" February 04, 2012 Saturday Roadshow
PART Ⅱ, will begin rolling PART Ⅲ! (Distributor: Warner Bros.)
Price
346 $ canadian
341$ US
266 euro

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
frankencowx said:
Wow that is stupid expensive. How many copies is it limited to? Need to see comparisons of standard def to high def transfers..

Not really. For real, some anime series in blue-ray, you can pay 600$ and more.

The most expensive I have seen is Darker than black
900$, this is crazy :isidro:

Whats the justification for that hike though? A season of a 10 to 14 episode show on blu ray in the states can run less than 100 USD, especially on amazon. Unless this is some kind of limited production run or something?

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
frankencowx said:
Whats the justification for that hike though? A season of a 10 to 14 episode show on blu ray in the states can run less than 100 USD, especially on amazon. Unless this is some kind of limited production run or something?

I just said that it is not uncommon to see a price like that in Japan. Finally, I do not know if it's a special edition. In more, I don't think because there are not a lot bonus. If the series is liscenced, the price will probably fall.

For exemple for hight price: http://www.aniplexusa.com/pdf/FateZeroBluRayPressReleaseFinal.pdf

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'll pass. That's way too high of a price for something that I don't enjoy watching anymore. I'll watch Griffith's recut version if I'm in the mood for the old-school Berserk anime.

Rhombaad said:
I'll pass. That's way too high of a price for something that I don't enjoy watching anymore. I'll watch Griffith's recut version if I'm in the mood for the old-school Berserk anime.
This.

I'll wait though for comparative screen shots and other than a 24 page booklet + a crappy cover design, I don't feel the urgency to own this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I'll wait though for comparative screen shots and other than a 24 page booklet + a crappy cover design, I don't feel the urgency to own this.

Ditto. I own 4 versions of this series, and I don't plan on ever watching it again. What's more, besides the disincentive price, the cover itself is enough to repel me. :void:

Comparison.

berserk_R1DVD_04.png

berserk_BD_04.png

Whatever, I'll pass.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
http://acacallis.com/berserk/berserk_R1DVD_08.png
http://acacallis.com/berserk/berserk_BD_08.png

Yeah, it pass. It is really good

Ryouma said:

hissatsu from mania.com does these screenshots often, and when he did them for the Kenshin OVA Blu-ray release last year, I was floored at the difference. I bought the Japanese Blu-rays for the Kenshin OVAs (also a 4:3 older anime), and even though it doesn't fill up my widescreen 1080p lcd, I must say, the picture quality is far superior.

Having been the editor and one responsible for the remastered DVD set from Media Blasters in 2009, I have to say, that I feel a bit cheated by my superiors there when they convinced me that a Blu-ray transfer wouldn't make that much of a difference due to the source material. Because, on the contrary, judging from these screenshots, the difference is massive. Under the radar, I was vouching for Berserk Blu-rays myself... but truth be told, Media Blasters is so far down the shit hole right now and back then... it wouldn't have mattered. Moreover, MB owed a lot of money for the Berserk rights and time was almost up, so they wanted to release it one more time before their license expired.

Anyways, I have to say, that if this Blu-ray set had english subtitles, it would be a buy for me. For now, I'm going to hold off on it, but hopefully down the line someone will release a domestic version with subs. Cuz I gotta tell you, re-watching the Kenshin OVAs in 1080p Blu-ray was a whole new experience. And I'm sure the same will be for Berserk. Even though the new anime saga is coming out shortly, my attachment to Susumu's music in the first Berserk anime, as well as it being my first exposure to Berserk, is something I hold very special to me.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
IT is: Linear PCM2.0ch

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Linear+PCM2.0ch#hl=fr&sa=X&ei=KkMXT5XEKq240gGy0ZDpAg&ved=0CBoQBSgA&q=Linear+PCM+2.0+ch&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=95a26ba7ea21f962&biw=1366&bih=629

I browsed through my copy.....they did a good job remastering.....anyone that thinks old anime properly remastered/transferred to blu-ray makes little difference from DVD either has bad equipment or eyes....it is a significant leap ahead of the DVDs in picture quality and the lossless stereo mix is of course perfect as far as I can tell. The transfer maintains a lot of grain and still retains some of the noise from the original film stock. There are no extra specials (barely even a menu) really except for openings/endings/music videos/tv promos and 2 promo videos for the upcoming movie. But for those people wanting the best version of the Berserk anime....it's hard to argue this remaster.

So costly :troll: ,got last ep,to see whether it really looks good and damn!So much cleaner and nicer...
j9aeq6arzp61u0pxo5al.jpg

Ending taken from BD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCSAsqn4y1g

Wow, it's a pretty big difference! Now if only it was a little cheaper, had some subtitles... and some different cover art! :iva:

Walter said:
dvd_cover1.jpg
blu_raycover1.jpg

This is fucking insulting...

I couldn't have said it better myself. haha

BiQ_

" ... "
The thing with plastic disc releases of anime in Japan is, I hear, that they really are only for truly hardcore fans. Consequently they are priced like that. The masses who watch anime catch it on the TV airings. I have no idea if there are any legitimate venues for digital distribution of anime in Japan yet, especially anything that's in widespread use.

Yes, I know it's been over 10 years since the anime aired over there, but the idea of disc release being only for hardcore otakus still stands. This is what the intended market for those discs will bear (or that's what they are figuring regardless), so they are asking for just that.

I saw a copy of this and I have to say I really didn't care too much for it. I was thrown off by the bright colors and the darker lines that outlined things. It contrasted strangely and just looked more 'cartoony'. Some of the scenes looked better and had more detail to them, but others just looked off and I found them to be either distracting or unappealing. I may simply be biased since I have seen the anime like 30 times without these vibrant colors and contrasts, but really... I prefer the DVD versions and I think I will mostly stick with that when I show it to other people.

Top Bottom