Cheapest Manga Deal?

I recently won Volumes 1-33 on eBay for a total of $79.00. The auction showed a stock photo of Volume 26. The description read:

"Lot of Berserk manga books by Kentaro Miura. Volumes 1 through 33. All copies read one time only and are in near new condition"

The seller had 0 feedback, with the buy it now price of $75.00 + $4.00, I jumped on it right away. I couldn't believe such an uncanny deal existed. Anyway, of course I was nervous waiting for them to arrive. They finally did today and they're all in excellent condition. I'm beyond stoked. I was wondering if any of you came across deals like this?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This isn't something to celebrate. As a fan you should support the author legitimately. Buying used copies doesn't help anyone associated with Berserk. It just saves you a few bucks.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
VICTORIOUS march said:
lol, wow. talk about the most snobby forum member.. ever.

Not just a member, he's the one who made Sk.net. But seriously, if you can afford an internet connection, you can afford to buy the manga and give Miura what he deserves.

whatever, dude. i'd pay an arm and a leg for anything berserk related. i have in the past. this is the third time i've owned the manga. not paying 300-500 bucks for it every time. 79 is a magical deal. sorry i'm not cool enough to play by your rules.

VICTORIOUS march said:
whatever, dude. i'd pay an arm and a leg for anything berserk related. i have in the past. this is the third time i've owned the manga. not paying 300-500 bucks for it every time. 79 is a magical deal. sorry i'm not cool enough to play by your rules.

Damn... the third time that you've owned the manga... sometimes I don't get it. I mean why the third time? What have you done with your copies the first two times?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Shouldn't have sold em. :casca:

This is a weird situation, cause... You bought em, you sold em, then you bought them from someone else who bought them.

I wonder, how is buying cheap Berserk books from all the closing Borders stores much different? It's not like they're gonna order more Berserk after this. They're kaput.

Maybe we should all just write checks and send them directly to Miura. :slan:

I'm not kidding. We should do that. Write on the memo "Buy yourself a beer, man."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
VICTORIOUS march said:
lol, wow. talk about the most snobby forum member.. ever.
This is a fan forum dedicated to Berserk. We like to support its creator at every opportunity we get. That shouldn't come as a surprise. So go ahead and boast all you want about having bought the series used. Just don't expect us all to smile and pat you on the back for it.

VICTORIOUS march said:
whatever, dude. i'd pay an arm and a leg for anything berserk related. i have in the past. this is the third time i've owned the manga. not paying 300-500 bucks for it every time.
According to you, it's more like the fourth time. You've boasted of buying the series used on eBay in the past:

VICTORIOUS march said:
i've had volumes 1-7 of the dark horse releases.. ended up selling them.. i bought them again, this time volumes 1-16.. ended up selling them.. i recently bought volumes 1-27 in a lot on eBay for a great price.
Maybe this thread should be renamed: The Endless Saga of the Frugal eBay Hound?

Gobolatula said:
I wonder, how is buying cheap Berserk books from all the closing Borders stores much different? It's not like they're gonna order more Berserk after this. They're kaput.
It's different because Borders will ultimately sell any unsold copies either back to the publisher, or to other booksellers, and that transaction will be considered a loss. "Well, no one wanted THIS series."

X

Xem

My love for Berserk and Muira makes me unable to think about this topic rationally...

BUY THE DAMN MANGA LEGIT

sorry... I'm glad you got your Berserk back though. :griffnotevil:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
You know. I'm actually on my 3rd round of re-buying the Dark Horse volumes and slowly working my way through the Japanese volumes. I've given away so many Berserk volumes of mine as gifts it's ridiculous. And I usually get my DH volumes from my local comic store.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
VICTORIOUS march said:
i'd totally write a check to miura. since walter dedicates his every minute to berserk, maybe he can get me his address?
:ganishka: You do know we wrote a letter to him and got a response, right? Anyway, the address is no secret. It's listed in every single episode of the series.

I used to check eBay occasionally for Berserk lots a few years ago. But I bit the bullet and just went to Amazon. Bought all my volumes in 3's until I caught up to the latest. Don't get me wrong, I still buy manga lots from eBay, especially series' that are out of print, but nothing beats individually unwrapping each new volume. It's therapeutic I find....

Top Bottom