Author Topic: Dragon Quest X:The Wake of the Five Tribes...Online?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • [FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Dragon Quest X:The Wake of the Five Tribes...Online?
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:49:18 AM »

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160555

If you're fan of Dragon Quest then this game might be for you  :troll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJgIQkWFIE&sns=em

(curtesy of Nintendomination)

New trailer! Dragon Quest retakes the reins from Monster Hunter by being Monster Hunter

Kotaku plays through the single player portion

http://twitch.tv/biggestinjapan/b/327133592

and starts the mmo section as well

http://twitch.tv/biggestinjapan/b/327146041
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:11:15 PM by Slime_Beherit »

Offline Viral Harvest

• Of the Interstice
  • Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Re: Dragon Quest X:The Wake of the Five Tribes...Online?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
I LOVE you for posting this. I've been waiting for news on this for such a long time.
"If I could strike one blow to spite their force, though I might bear one hundred more, I would wear the welts like rubies, and the shackles for a crown. And if I had one hundred hearts I would throw them all before their bullets before I'd sell a single one to wield their power. So lest we fall out of love with life, let us give all we have to give - for only a fool would cling to this world."

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »
I'm glad spread all the DQ goodness. I seem to be in the minority though, a lot of people are upset over the game being online :/ I'm only a bit concerned because I dont fully understand how the battles will play out now, but otherwise I'm very excited

Offline Viral Harvest

• Of the Interstice
  • Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »
From what I gather, it looks like it plays a lot like FFXI Online. I'm very much pleased by the fact that the game is completable offline. No mandatory MMO fees. So psyched!
"If I could strike one blow to spite their force, though I might bear one hundred more, I would wear the welts like rubies, and the shackles for a crown. And if I had one hundred hearts I would throw them all before their bullets before I'd sell a single one to wield their power. So lest we fall out of love with life, let us give all we have to give - for only a fool would cling to this world."

Offline frankencowx

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
Ehhh... DQ is probably one of my favorite game franchises, and I feel like this was a bad direction to go. Expirementing with this formula on the DS was fine, but not on a home console. Wii U will have to improve vastly on the Wiis inferior online capability to make anything good come of it. I feel like this is borderline selling out..

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »
It is very Monster Hunter. I enjoyed DQIX quite a bit though, although i would want to have characters in my party, not voiceless robots.

UPDATE: The game has launched in Japan. So I updated the first post with the first 4 hours of the game (2 and half of the single player and 1 and half of the MMO part)

Offline frankencowx

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
So... any news on how well of an opening it had??