Hellsing, what a great show.

=_=ArucarD_=

I'm a llama!
Well berserk is my ultimate anime series, akira being my favorite anime movie, just below it is ninja scroll and cowboy bebob, but the other day i went into rogers and saw this cool case. It was for hellsing i recommend everyone to go and rent it it is amazing.later

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno... Hellsing seems so off balance. On the one hand, Alucard is a great character but christ... I really can't tolerate the Hellsing institute bullshit scenes. So much dragging in the plot. The "climax" could have been pulled off better, but seeing Alucard in his "true" form was amazing.

And maybe that's my problem. It felt like Alucard deserved to be in a totally different series. Like everything around him was just a cardboard cutout.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Hellsing (the anime, havn't read the manga which is still running) is style over substance. Thats not neccesarily a bad thing though. You can't have all substance all the time, it gets dull. Hellsing is a nice break from deeper stuff. Its also one of the reasons I can't afford to buy the berserk manga unless its translated.

Of course Hellsing is off balance, the studio pulled almost everything after the blood brothers out of thin air. There is interest in doing a second season, but the manga author wants to finish first so the anime won't spoil the manga ending.

=_=ArucarD_=

I'm a llama!
I feel that there is so many bad vampire animes out there that this was a treat. Being a big vampire fan, but the parts where arucard goes savage and kicks everyones ass is cool. Not Gatsu style but cool nonetheless. later. Tommorow

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Walter said:
I dunno... Hellsing seems so off balance. On the one hand, Alucard is a great character but christ... I really can't tolerate the Hellsing institute bullshit scenes. So much dragging in the plot. The "climax" could have been pulled off better, but seeing Alucard in his "true" form was amazing.

And maybe that's my problem. It felt like Alucard deserved to be in a totally different series. Like everything around him was just a cardboard cutout.

I think I'd agree. I really liked the character of Alucard (Anderson too), but everything else was just pure crap.

The manga seems to have much less of the annoying factors though. None of that Incognito stuff. Instead the badguys are Vampire Nazi's. And seriously, how can you go wrong with Vampire Nazi's?

AntMan

I honestly think i sorta look like Gatts
I don't care what you say!!! IT WAS A GOOD SERIES!!!! I dunno.... Alucard is crazy insane, and your always wondering whats was going to happen next.... the storyline was ok... no great i'll give you guys that.... but come on! YOU CAN"T TELL ME WALTER WASN"T SWEET!!! Old butler killing ppl with thread?! COme on!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wereallmad said:
Walter said:

I think I'd agree. I really liked the character of Alucard (Anderson too), but everything else was just pure crap.

Yeah it was a cool serie, great characters (Alucard, Anderson, Walter ...) but as Majin said after the blood brother part the plot is just a piece of crap ... I'd like to see a second season though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Doc AntMan said:
YOU CAN"T TELL ME WALTER WASN"T SWEET!!! Old butler killing ppl with thread?! COme on!
I thought Walter was a little over-hyped myself... The whole series they hint at what a badass he is/was, and it turns out he's just a really adept at sewing. Great.

yeah hellsing is by far my most favorite anime, and i must agree that it was extremely draggy and almost pure crap sometimes.

i liked integral and farguson, but the hellsing orginization and the vatican and most of the other political backing behind everything in hellsing i can do without

but the style of hellsing is what keeps me going back

yeah id like to see more of hellsing, but mostly just more of alucard and the depths of his power. id like to see more walter, like a badass walter flashback, more of integral's personal side, and maybe celes being kinda like a vampire.

incognito is decent, but there was some added crap (the queen bullshit), but i thought the fight was great, i loved it when he took on Sett

but id love to see an OVA or something with alucard

AntMan

I honestly think i sorta look like Gatts
really good with sewing? hey anyone who's can friggen kill a few dozen zombies with a needle deserves credit.... and btw I'm pretty sure walter is dead... But yeah I wanna find out whats so special bout celes, and integral seems to scarily butch in her suit, anyone agree?

Just some crazy crazy facts..... Alucard's Guns weight bout 40-50 pounds without the clips......

walter was alive in the end of the last episode of hellsing, carried off in a gurney and he says something about alucard

jackel gun specs:
16kilo --> 35.32lb
39cm --> 15.35in

holds six bullets, fires 13mm rounds

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Hellsing just sux. It's so shallow I hurt my brains diving into the plot. Alucard is cool, but that doesn't justify the cheap fanservice and all the crap that comes along with it.
My friend made an AMV on hellsing, so check it out. It makes you think it actually doesn't suck, but it's far from an intersting series.
Juunni Kokki, now there's something u can watch with interest...

pls don't get offended, all you Hellsing fans, this is not flame invoking, I just gave my 2 cents...cheerz

Medium quality 24 megs HELLSING KIKAZZ AMV

P

psymont

White_Hawk said:

quite right .... i rented the first tape, but wasnt able to bring myself to rent the second .... hell, i wasnt even able to bring myself to finish watching the first .... i read the first volume of the manga just cause i thought it may be better than the anime .... well, it did have more character background .... those glasses he wears really bother me .... he looks great without them in the manga .... alucard looks like the bastard child of Vash(trigun) and D(Vampire Hunter D) .... not many people i know liked the second Vampire hunter D, but i thought it was great just cause it was there, plus the animation was nice and meire link was awsome .... although, the vampires going into space thing is a little stupid .... vampire princess muyu blew too, omg did it suck ....

P

psymont

Re:Hellsing, what a great show. theblakeman masturbates watching it!?!

theblakeman said:
Psymont you're fucking stupid.

"Your existence is beyond notice." - Femto

P

psymont

krebs4life said:
oh so you really do look that stupid in real life.

well i guess it suits your personality well then

wrong place to post such a comment .... go to "psymont sucks" and then go to hell you anal leech!

P

psymont

krebs4life said:
aww but psymont, you suck everywhere, not just on that board

and im insulted that you call me a leech, and consider me on your level

Psymont says: "your mom"
crowd says: "ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

but seriously, it sounds as if this negative energy building within you and getting forced upon people that didnt ask for your input in the first place may stem from a lack of sexual stimulation or too much sexual stimulation from family members with over active glands .... i am surprised that you can still type with your hands black, blue and calloused from masturbating .... you truely are a marvel of mediocre man .... again, your mom

puella

Berserk forever

Trolls.jpg

hey, come on

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Puella you cannot to do to me this: You post that inviting image, post under it: "Hey come on": I search for the hyperlink...and nothing!!! This is cruelty!!!
;D

Top Bottom