Episode 325

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Title: 人魚② - Merrow (2)​

Isma's mom kind of reminds me of Luca with her hair in front of her eye like that. And it looks like the merrows are using some kind of soundwave to fight the Sea God. Guts is in very bad shape.

In other news, it looks like the next issue might not be out until the holidays (so yeah, that means a break).

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Gobolatula said:
The merrows will sing a song and The Sea God will go to sleep.
Wow, you're smart, Gobolatula.

Isma's mom ..... daaaamnnnn...

Guts does not look so hot. The merrows have perfect timing.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I thought "Luca?" the moment I saw Isma's mother.

The merrows are using soundwaves? If they stun the Sea God it could give Guts a chance to do some carnage.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
D-Scape said:
The merrows are using soundwaves? If they stun the Sea God it could give Guts a chance to do some carnage.
Yeah, if he isn't knocked the fuck out. I think we have a serious problem here. What if Guts is down for the count and the merrows end up lulling the Sea God while Guts is still in there? He's gotta get out.

I can picture Schierke frantically yelling at Guts, "WAKE. UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP!! WAKEUPWAKEUPWAAAKEUP!!"

Yikes! Guts doesn't look so hot. And I wonder what has Schierke's attention (something to do with the Sea God or does she notice the Merrows' singing?).

Those bubbles around Schierke are an interesting touch. I guess Guts wasn't joking when he said it is like being at the bottom of the sea, eh? :serpico:

Interesting episode! I wonder if there will be anymore Guts action or if it will simply be him falling down. Too bad about the break but oh well, it will be a lovely holiday gift ! :guts:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aazealh said:
In other news, it looks like the next issue might not be out until the holidays
ismabells.jpg

i'm a dummy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Episode title is: Merrow (2).

Man, the Sea God sure is close to the Sea Horse :magni:

Isma's mom tells her "Welcome home..." then it looks like she says Isma's true name, but it comes out in the speech bubble as gibberish :slan: Seems like a foregone conclusion now that Isma won't be continuing on with the group, and she'll instead return to be with her people.

My Japanese skills are nonexistent, but the character used for the question Schierke (or Guts?) asks before it switches back to the Merrows (.....歌?) looks like the one for "sing" so I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it looks like it's the Merrows' song that has caught Schierke's attention. The fact it immediately switches to a shot of the Merrows singing probably makes that fact already obvious. But I can't pass up a chance to show off my linguistic detective skills (or I have tons of free time to kill, whichever) so I'm posting this anyways.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Burn Me Alive said:
The fact it immediately switches to a shot of the Merrows singing probably makes that fact already obvious. But I can't pass up a chance to show off my linguistic detective skills (or I have tons of free time to kill, whichever) so I'm posting this anyways.
Indeed, the imagery alone makes it fairly obvious what's going on. But Schierke does say "singing?" Or simply "song."

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Poor poor Schierke. She gets so torn apart whenever Guts takes a beating. :guts: :schierke:

She's gone through so much. I don't think she'll ever get used to it.

Poor Guts. This is not a very enjoyable battle on his part. :sad:

I love Isma's reaction to meeting her mother though. Seems very much like how a real girl would react.
And I find it amusing that Gob's Jingle Bells image adds clothing to the characters. Usually that kind of "holiday special" does the opposite. :slan:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Bormac said:
And I find it amusing that Gob's Jingle Bells image adds clothing to the characters. Usually that kind of "holiday special" does the opposite. :slan:
Please. there'll be no mermaid titties during the celebration of the birth of our Savior. :griffnotevil:

You know, this may sound dumb, but what if Guts doesn't kill the Sea God? That's so... not him, but what if he passes out and it becomes a rescue mission?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
You know, this may sound dumb, but what if Guts doesn't kill the Sea God? That's so... not him, but what if he passes out and it becomes a rescue mission?

Like you said this wouldn't be like him. Not that it wouldn't make it even more of a shocker, but I think he'll eventually pull through, once the merrows will have worked their magic. Still, the guy's a mess again. It's becoming too recurring for comfort... Something I wonder is whether the Moonlight Boy will play a role as well or not. Daddy certainly needs all the help he can get right now, but is he even within reach?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aazealh said:
Like you said this wouldn't be like him. Not that it wouldn't make it even more of a shocker, but I think he'll eventually pull through, once the merrows will have worked their magic. Still, the guy's a mess again. It's becoming too recurring for comfort... Something I wonder is whether the Moonlight Boy will play a role as well or not. Daddy certainly needs all the help he can get right now, but is he even within reach?
There's no doubt in my mind. I forgot to consider that. You know how he can deter evil creatures? WELLLL let's see if that works on the Sea God.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway, Guts feels like his whole body is paralyzed. His five senses are numb, and he doesn't have a good sense of direction anymore, doesn't know where he should attack because all his strikes are deflected. Yet Schierke says that all the monstrous fish-like defenders have been destroyed. Meanwhile Isma feels a great freedom in the sea.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Anyway, Guts feels like his whole body is paralyzed. His five senses are numb, and he doesn't have a good sense of direction anymore, doesn't know where he should attack because all his strikes are deflected.

Do you think that's a combination of both the Sea God's attacks and the effects of the armor, or just the Sea God's attacks?

Aazealh said:
Yet Schierke says that all the monstrous fish-like defenders have been destroyed.

Well, that's good. One less thing to worry about. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Do you think that's a combination of both the Sea God's attacks and the effects of the armor, or just the Sea God's attacks?

Hard to say at this point. Given the context, his senses being numb just from the attacks seems logical (goes together with his body feeling like it's paralyzed and the damage we saw him take from the pressure in the last episode), and the armor's side effects wouldn't necessarily kick in right in the middle of a fight in which it's being used. But then again, it's not like we know for sure how it all works, so a combination of the both is definitely possible.

The big text in those 2 panels showing just the armor looks interesting. Cool scenario prediction Gobs, maybe the merrows would have to stop singing for a bit so Guts can find his way out before the Sea God goes to nini? I need to read up on/ look for older posts that might have an answer to a lame question that just came to mind - with the Sea God's attacks affecting Guts that bad, why Schierke isn't affected by them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Aaz is right that we don't know all the specifics of how the armor affects Guts, but the way SK was speaking about the long-term effects, it was more of a gradual process, not something that kicks in all at once. I'm leaning on his current predicament being a direct result of the Sea God's assault, and being underwater.

IncantatioN said:
with the Sea God's attacks affecting Guts that bad, why Schierke isn't affected by them.
Because she isn't actually there.

Top Bottom