What's the Dragon Slayer?

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...
I am sorry if there is other answers about that question, but I am knew and ... French...
First I'd really want to thank you all for all the informations that are here and all the translation stuff.
In France, Berserk is quiet unknown and it is quite hard to find japanese mangas.
Bye the way, I would like to know a litle more about the dragon slayer. I am not sure but I think that it is not just a huge blade and that somehow it is linked with evil or/and the beast (as I've read in an old post).
But how, and why?
Thanks! :)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
What is known about the dragonslayer.
Godo made the dragonslayer when the king asked the best blacksmith in the country(godo) to make a sword that could kill a dragon in one hit. Godo, not believing in dragons, made a sword so large no one could wield it. The king took offense at this and chased him from the kingdom.

When an apostle tracks Guts and Caska down, Guts finds the sword leaned against a wall and takes out the apostle.

After two years of apostle hunting, Guts returns with the sword and Godo repairs it.

Shirke notices some unusual things about the sword when she sees it. (I can't remember if she said what though)

Beyond that, most everything is speculation.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
it's a giant 6 and a half foot sword.

i read some article and its say it is 7 foot tall. Anyway i realise something about the sword in manga... it appear to shrink and expand sometime (i mean the width of the blade). It seem to be the *narrowest* at the introduction of the sword vol 14 and the *broadest* in vol 18 during the kushan raid, the part which he said, "... a chance to test my sword." it seem to be as broad as his shoulder here. Compare these two and u can see there is a significance difference.

Base on my observation. These are perhap just minor mistakes made due to lapse of time, I'm not too sure myself either...

S

SoulCrasher

Gutz said:
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
it's a giant 6 and a half foot sword.

i read some article and its say it is 7 foot tall. Anyway i realise something about the sword in manga... it appear to shrink and expand sometime (i mean the width of the blade). It seem to be the *narrowest* at the introduction of the sword vol 14 and the *broadest* in vol 18 during the kushan raid, the part which he said, "... a chance to test my sword." it seem to be as broad as his shoulder here. Compare these two and u can see there is a significance difference.

Base on my observation. These are perhap just minor mistakes made due to lapse of time, I'm not too sure myself either...

I believe that happened when Godo repaired it.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Or DS has enlarged since Guts has too. He's far more 'strong-shaped' in vol18 than in vol13 or even more in vol1 ( where he almost makes me think of Manji sometimes ^^).
Guil

Lliugusamui said:
Or DS has enlarged since Guts has too. He's far more 'strong-shaped' in vol18 than in vol13 or even more in vol1 ( where he almost makes me think of Manji sometimes ^^).
Guil

Agreed, it look totally different in vol1 compared to vol 22 when he visit Godo grave (His size nearly doubled!).

phant112

I'm a llama!
Well to me it seems logical that he would get bigger compared to vol 1 to vol 18... I mean he has been fight and kicking the crap out of various apoltes (sp) since then, i mean wouldnt that toughen him up a bit.... the early fight with the count must have done quite the job.... with that old saying, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

puella

Berserk forever
phant112 said:
Well to me it seems logical that he would get bigger compared to vol 1 to vol 18... I mean he has been fight and kicking the crap out of various apoltes (sp) since then, i mean wouldnt that toughen him up a bit.... the early fight with the count must have done quite the job.... with that old saying, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

I'd recommend you should spend 12hrs reading each volume.

as it is the approximated weight of the dragoon to slayer?

by chance, somebody has made a map of the world of the berserk, that it is acclimated in medieval Europe, but cartograficamente, like this conformed the map of the world of Gatt's?

thank you

behelit said:
as it is the approximated weight of the dragoon to slayer?

My friend, there is a thread in this board where we discuss this topic. Search for this yourself (i m too lazy to find it for you)

P.S I dun recommend you to discuss this topic again, our admins will not hesitate to delete your post...

O

Ozmo

Some people have calculated the weight and gotten results around 100-250kg. I wouldn't be too sure of their accuracy, but it's sure enough that a sword like that would be impossible to use.

There is no official map of the "Berserk world" available, anything you might have seen is something made by fans and totally unofficial.

Ozmo said:
Some people have calculated the weight and gotten results around 100-250kg

Why dun you say it is between one and a million? everyone will know that this sword will not be lighter than 100 and heavier than 250

Top Bottom