Behelit Beanie Commission

behelitbeanie01.jpg

Original Message to Art of War Mar 2, 2011 1:17 PM: "Would you be interested in producing a behelit beanie or knit cap? The egg shape of the behelit I think is perfect for this kind of tuque with two eyes, a nose and a mouth. I think idea is very good, and would love Art of War to pursue this, and I would even be willing to offer a hefty donation so that this artwork gets picked up. Please consider great idea to your shop very much in need of more Berserk clothing! - Eric"

Original Message, Art of War to Me March 03, 2011 3:12 AM: 「ART OF WAR」にお問い合わせいただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様のご入力の内容は以下の通りです。
ご確認ください。

"Dear Eric,

Thank you so much for your support.

Your opinions are interesting and creative. We think that a Behelit beanie
or knit cap is very cool and practical. Also we will consider making more
Berserk clothing in the future. Thank you so much for your great ideas. We
are going to discuss them in the next production meeting. If you have any
concerns about Berserk items, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
ART OF WAR
Linghan Huang"

Hello, SK.Net, "SK'ers," fellow Hawks/Falcons, and Berserk central! This is a rough copy of a letter I had written to artofwar.jp back earlier this year. It was also the last I had heard from AOW. I do not know if this is a board to put out commissions on, but I thought I would share this merch idea I have had for a while and see if it might yet see any light. I know there is a plethora of talented people here as is evidence by "Joa," or James w/ DirectDK, from what little I have already seen on this wonderful site. I have no specifics for this request. I do not request that eyes be opened or closed or the mouth closed or grinning (the behelit dormant or active). I am sure I would buy this in any realization. You have proven there are model-smiths out there. But us Berserk fans have always seemed out of luck when it comes to things we can wear representing our favorite dark fantasy story.

I hope I'm not alone in the Art of War pricing seeming outrageous more often than not, but I am ignorant of how to go about procuring affordable Berserk Merch (if there is such a thing) since there is so little of it to be found. But if anyone thinks they can take a crack at this or know someone who can work their crocheting needle at it, then I think I'd be willing to throw money at them.

I am convinced the idea is sound.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Re: Beherit Beanie Commission

This would be cool. But I'm not really a beanie-wearer. For some reason this made me think of a Beherit hacky sack. Now I'm sad because I want one. :judo:

Beherit easter egg coloring kit complete with eye stickers and putty noses?

Seriously though, I like your idea. I'd probably get one.

Hello Handmade_lion! That's actually a pretty sweet idea!!! I used to wear beanies, and if I had a beherit beanie... shoooot I'd be wearing it all the time!

And fortunately, if AOW doesn't go through with it, I think this idea should be pretty easy to do on your own. There are tons of websites that press logos onto any type of clothing, beanies included. A quick search I found this one (not the best option, but to get an idea): http://www.4imprint.com/tag/374/Beanie/product/6051/Knit-Beanie

I've actually ordered business cards from 4imprint before. Essentially, we could just send them an image of the eyes nose and mouth (as one image, in a random placement) and they could print it on the beanie in black. However, since 4imprint is not really an apparel speciality store, it might be best to find a tshirt speciality store. They will have better options and flexibility I'm sure, so you can put an image on the back as well.

If you're thinking of having the beanie embroidered with the beherit design (so it's actually , then that'll be much harder. But that would be cool! I don't believe I ever posted pictures of this, a friend made me a beherit plush for my birthday a few years ago. She is the same one who made the Zodd and Guts plushie too! Lookie:

P1070322_800.jpg

Aphasia said:
For some reason this made me think of a Beherit hacky sack. Now I'm sad because I want one. :judo:

Man oh man, I think the God Hand will kill you in your sleep if you started kicking that around, lol. :slan:

Thank you all for your sweet replies regarding this inquiry. It is not the easiest thing to bring to fruition, but it is not the hardest thing, either. And yes, I had been referring to covering the headwear across with a nose, mouth, and two eyes. A more difficult job sadly, but a finer product I think.

I have SEEN that Zodd plushie before!! On the internet, no less, but I have seen it! I believe I even contacted the creator, requesting one, only to find they were not being made for purchase, which made me so very sad. To find out you have one, DirectDK, is amazing. I don't know how many were produced, but the number cannot be very high! I think you know you are very lucky.

I have not given up on this idea yet. So I will continue to pursue these options. But I'm glad that some interest has been shown in it. The idea itself came from a friend of mine who had a black beanie with an Egyptian eye on it, and it was a beanie of "his" favorite anime, Hellsing. A character in that wears a beanie with an Egyptian eye on it, and found a replica of it on the internet and got it.

Here is a picture of it.
GE2271.jpg

And the source material for contrast.
Jan_Valentine.png

I not only thought it would be cool to have a Berserk beanie, but the egg-shape lends itself very well to the shape of our heads. And who wouldn't want to wear a Behelit hat on their head in the winter time with random facial features and an open eye strewn across it? I know I would.

I'm personally not a beanie guy. Color me interested for a Crimson Behelit Bean Bag though hah!

Those plushies look adorable, DK!

IncantatioN said:
I'm personally not a beanie guy. Color me interested for a Crimson Beherit Bean Bag though hah!

Same here. :ganishka:

Although the image of the screaming Crimson Beherit with blood tears stream down its face might be a cool, albeit creepy/scary, design.

Top Bottom