Elements and creatures

Excited, first topic I've ever started
I think there were lots of topics with a similar basic idea, but not this exactly... So I came up with this:
We met wind elves as piskies, water elves as merrows, and I read here that there can be gnomes/dwarves for the earth element...
Is there any chance we'll meet all of the element's creatures? Maybe Elfhelm is a place where every element's elves appear, not just piskies. If it does, what are the fire elves like? Maybe Guts will arrive on a vulcanic island or something, and they live in the lava?
And the Elf King might be a special one who has all four kinds of elves' powers and that makes him one of the strongest magic users ever, so he can cure our poor injured Guts and insane Casca :guts:
It'd be cool if Elfhelm was a place where all four element appear at the same time causing a strong magical power. Maybe even Schierke and Farnese can learn something new there and become stronger.
I hope my idea makes sense :farnese:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gillia said:
We met wind elves as piskies

Piskies are elves who are associated with the wind element, that's true. But keep in mind that they might not be the only kind of elves associated with that element.

Gillia said:
water elves as merrows

No one ever said merrows were elves. As far as we know they're astral creatures and that's it.

Gillia said:
and I read here that there can be gnomes/dwarves for the earth element...

"Gnomes" is the purported name of the earth elementals akin to the undines (water elementals), salamanders (fire elementals) and sylphs (wind elementals). They're not elves at all.

Dwarves might be a type of elves associated with the earth element, but you should know that it hasn't been confirmed at this point. It's just a conclusion I personally drew from a few different references in the story (the silhouettes of the elves who had inhabited Godot's mine in the past not looking like piskies coupled with the mention of dwarves having created the Berserk's armor and the kanji used to describe them).

Gillia said:
Is there any chance we'll meet all of the element's creatures?

"Creatures" is a very vague word. The Kundalini was a creature associated with the water element. As was the Kelpie. There could be as many of these as Miura will think of.

Gillia said:
Maybe Elfhelm is a place where every element's elves appear, not just piskies.

The very concept of Elfhelm pretty much implies that all kinds of elves will be found there, yeah.

Gillia said:
If it does, what are the fire elves like?

Maybe will-o'-the-wisps? The only limit is your imagination here.

Gillia said:
Maybe Guts will arrive on a vulcanic island or something, and they live in the lava?

That's not how Puck described it (living in the lava), though that's not to say there might not be a volcano where fire spirits specifically could live.

Gillia said:
And the Elf King might be a special one who has all four kinds of elves' powers and that makes him one of the strongest magic users ever, so he can cure our poor injured Guts and insane Casca :guts:

That he's a very powerful magic user we know directly from Schierke and from the fact he's a legendary being. That he can cure Casca was directly foreshadowed by the Skull Knight in volume 28, so that's also kind of a given. What his powers will entail or what form they'll take, we don't know yet. All we have is his name: "the King of the Flower Storm". Quite poetic in the original Japanese.

Gillia said:
It'd be cool if Elfhelm was a place where all four element appear at the same time causing a strong magical power.

I'm not sure what Elfhelm being "a place where all four element appear at the same time" is supposed to mean. These elements are present everywhere in the world. That being said, it seems obvious to me that Elfhelm, and by extension Skellig (the name of the island where Elfhelm is situated) is a place were magic is very strongly present. It's within the astral world, for one thing, but I think even by that standard Elfhelm is most likely exceptional in that regard.

Gillia said:
Maybe even Schierke and Farnese can learn something new there and become stronger.

Again that's been hinted at by Schierke herself quite a while ago (saying many magic users are living there and so on).

Aazealh said:
No one ever said merrows were elves.
I do remember something like "fairies of the sea" was said in the story... But maybe I'm confusing it with something else...
Aazealh said:
Dwarves might be a type of elves associated with the earth element, but you should know that it hasn't been confirmed at this point. It's just a conclusion I personally drew
I said I read it here, on SK.net, so I think it was your post then :)
Aazealh said:
That's not how Puck described it (living in the lava), though that's not to say there might not be a volcano where fire spirits specifically could live.
A volcano was the only natural place I could imagine for a fire spirit to live in. Besides, a vulcanic island with its fertile soil would be a perfect place for a "paradise" like Elfhelm.
Aazealh said:
I'm not sure what Elfhelm being "a place where all four element appear at the same time" is supposed to mean.
I just meant the four types of elves, sorry if that wasn't clear, sometimes I overcomplicate what I write...

So, as a conclusion, my idea isn't very original, because most of it was hinted before, but then it means that its quite possible. I'm actually happy about this, I wonder how fire elves look like, and of course, the King... Maybe he's a flaming dwarf with wings and a fishtail? :iva:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gillia said:
I do remember something like "fairies of the sea" was said in the story...

I can guarantee you that line doesn't appear in the story.

Gillia said:
I said I read it here, on SK.net, so I think it was your post then :)

Probably from a recent post in which someone mentioned it, but my point wasn't so much who came up with it as the fact it's... well, not a hard fact. The only elves we've truly seen so far are piskies.

Gillia said:
I just meant the four types of elves, sorry if that wasn't clear, sometimes I overcomplicate what I write...

Ok. There could be more (or less) than 4 types of elves though. We don't know for sure that there's one distinct type for each element.

Top Bottom