Griffith/Guts

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Re:Grifith/Gutts

I don't believe there was any phisical or romantic interest. If there was any it was certainly one sided.

There was a deep bond between them however. You might say that they loved each other. But not in the way you seem to be implying.

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...

I asked it because I think that it is not that clear in the anime. The manga shows friendship, but the anime on the contrary is much more close to love then just friendship.
I was thinking of the bath scene in the fifth manga, and the anime scene, with music and long plan about grifith looking at Gutts reinforce the double meaning that could have that scene.
But I was not sure and that's why i asked.
Thanks

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The anime really display that the friendship of the two is going a lot besides a simple friendship, but I don't believe that it is a love homosexual, I think it goes more besides, Griffith was a perfection example and determination that Gatts admired and he wanted to proceed, Griffith already had Gatts as that great friend faithful, capable even of sacrificing for him! What would you make if a great friend left and did you never again see him ? Therefore, their relationship I would classify as love yes, but that love that we felt for the mother, father, friends, etc, different from the love man and woman! :)

When will you people stop trying to prove Berserk is gay? Its the stupidest thing I ever heard and if you even think they like each other, then your obviously gay

Nabeshin

Herald of God Hand

Ashitaka said:
I asked it because I think that it is not that clear in the anime. The manga shows friendship, but the anime on the contrary is much more close to love then just friendship.
I was thinking of the bath scene in the fifth manga, and the anime scene, with music and long plan about grifith looking at Gutts reinforce the double meaning that could have that scene.

Are there any other examples you can think of? Sure, that scene was drawn out in the anime, but that's the nature of anime compared to manga. They have to stretch out the material from the manga, and in some cases add entirely new stuff (the two extra battles with Adon) to fit the size of the episodes.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Griffith had passionate feelings for Guts that could be called love, yes.

-Griffith

Lliugusamui

around the corner

I think Griffith has no sexual preferance ... as long as he's gonna own his Kingdom, fuck an old man , a beautiful gorgeous babe or a rat crap he doesn't care.
Maybe they felt some kind of love, but if ( fro example ) Griffith had confessed his confused feelings and tried to go farther, Guts would have cut him in two ( because of what he experienced with Donovan ).

Griffith

Oh yeah, that makes sense, that’s exactly what Guts would have done; brilliant. I can see it now; volume 8, Griffith meets up in the forest with Guts after killing the Queen and…

Griffith: “Guts, do you think I’m a horrible person?”

Guts: “No way, I admire you more than anyone.”

Griffith: “I feeling strongly for you too Guts… All my life I’ve suppressed my feelings and focused on my dream, but you changed that. I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.”

*Guts looks at Griffith cockeyed*

Guts: “Just what are you trying to say, mac?”

Griffith: “Guts…I..I think I…”

*Griffith leans in and awkwardly kisses Guts*

gutsboldface.JPG

"UGHGROSS!!!"

Guts: “I KNEW IT!! You are a filthy cocksucking homogay and I must destroy you!”

*Guts cuts Griffith in two*

Guts: “HAHAHA YORE DEAD F4GG0T!!@"

Miura had his chance to end the story that way, but he BLEW IT! Anyway, the type of love I was talking about doesn't have to do necessarily with sex or labels like gay and straight.

-Griffith

P

psymont

griffith was not pleased with his homosexual actions .... remember the river bath scene .... i would be tearing into my own flesh with disgust too if i had done the same thing .... griffith is not gay or bi .... he is simply goal oriented, period .... "i want you guts" was stated cause he could see the dramatic help that guts would be to his cause ....

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Fusiongt said:
When will you people stop trying to prove Berserk is gay? Its the stupidest thing I ever heard and if you even think they like each other, then your obviously gay

Man, please stop acting like a homophobic maniac here, noone's trying to prove he's gay. We're just trying to interpret his feelings for Gattsu. And so what if Griffith's gay?

I think Griffith definitely loved Gattsu, he could even be the first person Griffith ever truly loved. But I doubt Griffith was having any wet dreams about him, though.

@Griffith
LOL!

T

temporary

I dont' know. I can't tell the difference. Who knows :p

Griffith

Psymont said:
griffith was not pleased with his homosexual actions .... remember the river bath scene .... i would be tearing into my own flesh with disgust too if i had done the same thing .... griffith is not gay or bi .... he is simply goal oriented, period .... "i want you guts" was stated cause he could see the dramatic help that guts would be to his cause ....
Sorry, not the case, friend. I won’t try to define Griffith’s feelings for Guts by simple terms of modern sexuality, because all that’s important is that he felt something for him. From the beginning Guts was different from anyone else in Griffith’s life. He was assigned an importance beyond usefulness. Griffith repeatedly took unnecessary risks on account of Guts. During Guts’ first battle as a Hawk, Griffith went back for him despite the danger to himself. He again disregarded his life to rescue Guts from Zoddo. Casca saw this, and she was afraid of what it meant. She was right to be too; eventually it destroyed him. Griffith’s feelings Guts were out of control. When Guts left him, those feelings were even strong enough to make Griffith forsake his dream; if only for a night.

-Griffith

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...

I didn't mean to talk about homosexuality. I was trying to understand the stronge and strange relation between the two main characters.
I don't think there was any kind of sexual desires. But the way Grif talked to Gatts and the way he made him forget is dream made me think it was because of some kind of love.
The bath scene was for me something like to bring someone in Grif intimity.We never saw enyone else playing with Grif and taking a bath with him.
I can easely understand how Gatts could admire Grif, but as for
Grif, I thought of something much closer to love.
Moreover, the way Grif considere Gatts is quiete special. i mean, Grif couldn't think of Gatts as an equal because he works for his dream, but in the ather way, he shows special attention to Gatts despite the fact that he is one of th band of the hawk.

I hope I made myself clear, but I still have some doubts... ???

Lliugusamui

around the corner

True, since the beginning Guts appears to be so much more than the rest of the hawks to Griffith.
Talking about the bath scene, do you remember at the end Guts throws one more to Griffith and that one says sthg like 'you never give up, do you?', he then accepts Guts being someone with whom he can share something. I think Griffith had forget Guts was working for him and they had been friends at a time ; when griffith ask guts to kill julius, guts answers that griff hasn't to ask him but only to order. The fact that Guts says that shows their 'equality' to me : /

P

psymont

Griffith said:
Psymont said:
Sorry, not the case, friend. I won’t try to define Griffith’s feelings for Guts by simple terms of modern sexuality, because all that’s important is that he felt something for him. From the beginning Guts was different from anyone else in Griffith’s life. He was assigned an importance beyond usefulness. Griffith repeatedly took unnecessary risks on account of Guts. During Guts’ first battle as a Hawk, Griffith went back for him despite the danger to himself. He again disregarded his life to rescue Guts from Zoddo. Casca saw this, and she was afraid of what it meant. She was right to be too; eventually it destroyed him. Griffith’s feelings Guts were out of control. When Guts left him, those feelings were even strong enough to make Griffith forsake his dream; if only for a night.

-Griffith

the reason he risked his life for him wasnt out of love neccessarily, but out of value .... guts was the perfect right hand man .... caska said at one point that without a strong person beside griffith, he would not be nearly as effective .... that was the position that she was trying to fill .... to be his sword .... thats why she was jealous of guts at first ....

T

temporary

Griffith and Gatsu are going to have a child together.

Griffith

Psymont-sama said:
the reason he risked his life for him wasnt out of love neccessarily, but out of value .... guts was the perfect right hand man .... caska said at one point that without a strong person beside griffith, he would not be nearly as effective .... that was the position that she was trying to fill .... to be his sword .... thats why she was jealous of guts at first ....
Goddamn you sound like a jackass. I tried to be nice about it, I tried to explain it in an elegant and friendly manner. But when people cling to their moronic ideas like their mother’s skirt, it’s just too much for me to handle. Look, Griffith’s downfall was due his feelings for Guts. It’s a major fucking story element that Miura hits us over the head with as recently as volume 22. The reason Griffith comes to see Guts? Anyone? TO SEE IF HE STILL HAS FEELINGS FOR HIM. Griffith actually talks about this. Griffith himself acknowledges that he had feelings for Guts. Is this hard to understand? Okay, forget that, why should I expect you to pick up on that (it’s only WHAT THE CHARACTERS SAY). If you didn’t fucking get the picture in volume 9 when Griffith sleeps with Charlotte…oh just fuck it, forget the whole thing, why do I even other? Christ!

-Griffith

P.S. UrashimaSenpai, I suggest you modify your attitude, because you’re floating, and I’m about to flush your ass.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

Psymont-chan said:

The whole value argument was born from Griffith's denial of having any sort of emotional attachment to Guts. Griffith can't admit any love, because he would see it as a weakness, one he couldn't afford if he was going to achieve his goal, which is exactly what happened to him.

P

psymont

Griffith said:
Psymont-sama said:
Goddamn you sound like a jackass. I tried to be nice about it, I tried to explain it in an elegant and friendly manner. But when people cling to their moronic ideas like their mother’s skirt, it’s just too much for me to handle. Look, Griffith’s downfall was due his feelings for Guts. It’s a major fucking story element that Miura hits us over the head with as recently as volume 22. The reason Griffith comes to see Guts? Anyone? TO SEE IF HE STILL HAS FEELINGS FOR HIM. Griffith actually talks about this. Griffith himself acknowledges that he had feelings for Guts. Is this hard to understand? Okay, forget that, why should I expect you to pick up on that (it’s only WHAT THE CHARACTERS SAY). If you didn’t fucking get the picture in volume 9 when Griffith sleeps with Charlotte…oh just fuck it, forget the whole thing, why do I even other? Christ!

-Griffith

P.S. UrashimaSenpai, I suggest you modify your attitude, because you’re floating, and I’m about to flush your ass.

i wont start a flame war here as i am getting tired of them, but would you please read my posts before flipping out about them in the future cause you dont sound like you bothered to ....

i understand your point, but i just dont feel confortable with the whole guy on guy love thing .... did griffith ever say i love him in a way that would get messy? .... no .... its ambiguous .... to me, its more of a brotherly love/respect/dependency .... dont reply to me, its my view .... call me sick or stupid or whatever(i have heard it all by now from the friendly bbs people), but that is my opion and the view i choose to have of their relationship .... "is that so wrong"(gay jon lovitz from snl voice) .... of course i agree that griffith fell because of his emotional crutch that guts supported, i agree with you 100% ....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

But... Psymont, that's retracting from what you originally said: "the reason he risked his life for him wasnt out of love neccessarily, but out of value .... guts was the perfect right hand man .... "

Griffith (bbs member) very likely doesnt think its homosexual love either. You are correct to say brotherly love... Why would you think it was otherwise? Hey, stop looking at my ass.

P

psymont

what i mean to say was that it may not have been the only reason .... hence the "not out of love neccessarily" .... perhaps i should have put "not just out of love" .... yeah i guess that makes more sense .... sorry

T

temporary

Griffith said:
Psymont-sama said:

-Griffith

Griffith is my hero.

Top Bottom