Dark Souls

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Btw Aaz, if you don't use humanity for summoning do you mainly just use it to kindle bonfires? That's really all their good for right? I've been saving mine for the more difficult parts and until this point I haven't needed to kindle any bonfires or summon.

I mostly used them for bonfires, yeah. They're important for Pyromancy as well; some spells are dependent on it. And there are some more uses related to covenants.

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Guys it has been confirmed that Dark Souls is on its way to the PC, the PC version is also getting both gamepad support (a must have if you ask me) and two new bosses.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469409

Look at the lower right corner.
MkxUu.jpg

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I'm still waiting for confirmation from a real source, but I'll buy it for sure if it comes to PC.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
I'm still waiting for confirmation from a real source, but I'll buy it for sure if it comes to PC.
Same and same. I've been seriously jealous of all the stories I've heard from Aaz about this game. If it comes to PC I will purchase.

Dar_Klink

Walter said:
Same and same. I've been seriously jealous of all the stories I've heard from Aaz about this game. If it comes to PC I will purchase.
Hell, I've played and loved it on PS3, but the prospect of new bosses and hopefully a better FPS in some areas leaves me excited as fuck. Not to mention if it's on Steam we'll have a thousand times better online play.

Walter said:

You'll enjoy it. The level of detail blew my mind. Gameplay is hard if you play like a moron. Play careful, play slow.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
If I can cross play this with the PS3 and if it gives me a chance to kill one of my annoying co-workers who is a console fan-boy. I will buy this first day. :carcus:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I'm going to buy this first day! :guts: I've been playing it at a friends house (on his ps3) and its loads of fun.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I JUST bought it for PS3 and have barely begun playing, yet I know I'll buy it for PC too. A game like this on Ultra settings....Oh my. :ubik:

This guy was in the artbook included with the Collector's Edition. :mozgus:
1333891087919.jpg

1333885821299.jpg

There's been no mention as this as DLC for consoles correct?

Dar_Klink

Holy shit, I guess that fully confirms it. From is a great studio, now if only Dragon's Dogma would come to PC...

Infinte

I personally don't like GFWL and I avoid games using it but Dark Souls is an exception for me, I honestly hope the port is good. Here is a petition for a non-GFWL Dark Souls (Although it could need a change in the wording since it reads like an ad for Steam): http://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-and-from-software-release-dark-souls-pc-edition-without-games-for-windows-live#

If they decide not to make a patch or DLC with the new content, then, then...I will buy it again...
I am really curious about the controls on the PC though. I know that you can connect a 360 controller, but they have to implement some sort of mouse/keyboard configuration for the people who don't have one. Could be interesting to see how the game plays that way, it might be even harder than it already is :guts:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Gaahl said:
If they decide not to make a patch or DLC with the new content, then, then...I will buy it again...
I am really curious about the controls on the PC though. I know that you can connect a 360 controller, but they have to implement some sort of mouse/keyboard configuration for the people who don't have one. Could be interesting to see how the game plays that way, it might be even harder than it already is :guts:
Or it might be much much easier.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just finished my second play through with a Pyromancer. This time around I chose the dark. Got what I needed from some NPC and then disposed of them for humanity and items.

Oburi

All praise Grail
So I finally beat those bastards at the end of Anor Londo (by meself btw. Still haven't summoned yet =). Now I'm back at firelink shrine and don't know where to go again. From what I've gathered there is two options. One is to ignore some npc and go to the forest, allowing me to joing a covenant later. But if I talk to this npc I won't be able to join the covenant but he will open some doors or something? Not sure what the best move is here?

Edit- Nevermind. I went with the snake guy at firelink. I also did a bunch more stuff including betraying the forest covenant and killing everyone so as to get the items they had. Don't know if I should have done that but oh well. I guess next is to fight Sif? Also I haven't done the painted world or hollow tree optional areas yet. Did any of you guys do those areas? If so, is it worth it?

Also Walter you mentioned you were interested in getting this game. I can't recommend it enough. I put it down for a while to play other games but once I get back in it I remember how much I loved it and much better it is than a lot of other games (sorry Witcher 2). The feeling of accomplishment you get throughout the game is so rewarding. I think you would like it a lot and I hope you pick it up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
From what I've gathered there is two options. One is to ignore some npc and go to the forest, allowing me to joing a covenant later. But if I talk to this npc I won't be able to join the covenant but he will open some doors or something? Not sure what the best move is here?

You can buy the key to that door from the blacksmith that's just before the forest area. It costs 20,000 souls, from memory.

Oburi said:
I also did a bunch more stuff including betraying the forest covenant and killing everyone so as to get the items they had. Don't know if I should have done that but oh well.

I don't think that was very smart, since you can kill them (and even farm them, as they provide the best XP in the game) without betraying the covenant. The captain is also a merchant who sells rare weapons at the bottom of Blighttown when you're in the covenant.

Oburi said:
Also I haven't done the painted world or hollow tree optional areas yet. Did any of you guys do those areas? If so, is it worth it?

The tree I found annoying because to get some of the items you have to drop down onto lower branches and it's easy to fall to your death (if you care about cleaning the place dry). It's a pretty short zone though. The Painted World of Ariamis is pretty cool, good XP, good items, cool place to visit. I'd recommend doing both zones.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
You can buy the key to that door from the blacksmith that's just before the forest area. It costs 20,000 souls, from memory.

Yup. I did that but I find it was kind of pointless other than being an obvious shortcut. I had already searched that whole area backwards from the lake where the Hydra was (I did a lot of stuff backwards for some reason).
I don't think that was very smart, since you can kill them (and even farm them, as they provide the best XP in the game) without betraying the covenant. The captain is also a merchant who sells rare weapons at the bottom of Blighttown when you're in the covenant.

Yea bad move on my part. Luckily I think I can absolve my sins for hefty price from some npc. Btw, I'm still foggy on what the point of covenants are? I think I've joined every one I came across (betraying the one I was in) to get whatever items they give and for the achievement. Other than some bonuses and online stuff, is that something I really need to worry about?

The tree I found annoying because to get some of the items you have to drop down onto lower branches and it's easy to fall to your death (if you care about cleaning the place dry). It's a pretty short zone though. The Painted World of Ariamis is pretty cool, good XP, good items, cool place to visit. I'd recommend doing both zones.

Sweet thanks!

Infinte

I'm about to finish the game as I only have three main bosses left being The Four Kings, Seath The Scaleless and Gwyn and I'm wondering if there is somethings I should do before starting NG+.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty hard to say without knowing more about your playthrough (and your goals/desires).

Top Bottom