Dark Souls

Downloaded the DLC yesterday when all I had left in my main game was the final 2 bosses. Beat it all in one go! I was so happy to have more Dark Souls and felt pretty proud of my character for handling it all so well :guts:. Had some help from friends but beat the "final" boss all by myself first try.

I really enjoyed that little Sif puppy cameo ! Didn't realize until later that it actually changes your cutscene when fighting Sif, very cool!

Breed1Ghost said:
Trying to kick the crap outta sens....but it kicked the crap outta me =(. 3 demons down in the pit 1 more lucky demon to go...oh ittle be on like donkey kong!

"May the flames guide thee."

I'm at Artorias at the moment and he's killed me quite a few times already. I keep fiddling with what I go into battle with to see what may or may not give me an edge. :???:

Draculoid said:
Downloaded the DLC yesterday when all I had left in my main game was the final 2 bosses. Beat it all in one go! I was so happy to have more Dark Souls and felt pretty proud of my character for handling it all so well :guts:. Had some help from friends but beat the "final" boss all by myself first try.

Did you beat Artorias alone? I'm going to try and do all the DLC alone, but help is always tempting.

Proj2501 said:
"May the flames guide thee."

I'm at Artorias at the moment and he's killed me quite a few times already. I keep fiddling with what I go into battle with to see what may or may not give me an edge. :???:

Did you beat Artorias alone? I'm going to try and do all the DLC alone, but help is always tempting.

No I got help for Artorias but it was still an intense fight. Playing through new game + now and gonna solo DLC.

The "final" boss I was saying I beat solo was Manus. He was a nice surpise seeing as how I actually had no idea of his pressence in the DLC.

Got the DLC yesterday as well. Holy hell do i love the bosses! Only the Dragon remains now, but after spending 2 hours on Manus, I just visited him once and decided to call it quits for today.
No phantoms whatsoever, I like to solo Bosses at first. Sanctuary Guardian was a tough one, as I stubbornly refused to kill him until I got his tail... so few opportunities...

But Manus... damn you Manus! For me, he was the toughest boss ever. Aggressive, lots of hp, and attacks for every situation. Great fight.

Does anyone else thought of Guts in his berserker armor when fighting Artorias? To me it looked like Guts fighting in that thing against Grunbert. Dragging that sword behind him as if he cannot even lift it, only to go completely nuts in the next second.

Artorias' limp arm harkened back when Guts' arm was briefly broken by Grunberd back when he first donned the armor. That and his one specific high jump he does. Taking him out alone was so very satisfying. Manus is coming up next... Took out Chester after his phantom tried to kill me and also killed the woman mourning Artorias. Felt bad, but needed her armor. I'll give her Artorias' soul next play through.

Actually I had no idea what to do when I met the woman mourning Artorias. I talked to her and she asked for Artorias's soul. I didn't read up on anything beforehand, so I gave it to her and got her daggers in return. Turns out I would have gotten them and more had I been a little more ruthless...
Well, now I have all her gear: Just blasted through Artorias (litterally) with my mage and this time I kept his soul.
Crystal soul spear actually makes the bosses quite easy, the Guardian was dead before I knew what happend :guts:

I'v gptten farther into ses now... got to the first bonfire holy crap it took forever. Now just farming souls to get the equipment that I want from the merchent in steel armor. Lightning spear all the way so far this thing is bad ass....really want the fury sword so will be farming souls for some time to get all the large shardes i need. And then time to look for the giant smith.

Sounds like you have really started to enjoy this game now. I am glad to hear that. How do you feel it compares to Demon's Souls now that you have gotten this far?

Jaze1618 said:
Sounds like you have really started to enjoy this game now. I am glad to hear that. How do you feel it compares to Demon's Souls now that you have gotten this far?

I do perfer demon over dark. But I am learning how to accept that they are 2 different games tho they play the same. I am enjoying it more then I was before, lightning spear has helped me out alot. I had turned my kirk sword into a magic weapon in messed my self up so am now happy I can progress again at a faser rate. Also beat a mage player hiding in my world by luck, made him reatreat and he fell ^.^

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Breed1Ghost said:
I had turned my kirk sword into a magic weapon in messed my self up
You can always revert the sword to normal at any/most blacksmiths.

I wouldn't concern yourself TOO much with the crafting materials at the stage of the game you're at. At a certain point, you should have an abundance of all but Demon Titanite.

Walter said:
You guys are monsters... :sad:

I felt like one and really felt terrible to slash at Gough. His reply made me wanna take back what I just did. On NG ++++, I'll be a saint.

I tried the pvp arena. Meh. Summoning people at Kiln is still my favorite. In an hour and a half my 'team' and I raked in 7 million souls with only 1 death on my part the whole time. Finally maxed out my vitality.

Max out the Lifehunt Scythe, trust me. Running two handed attack covers such a good radius.

Ps: cutting off Kalameet tail was tedious as hell. The weapon shows high damage output but IMO, it's kind of blah.

Breed1Ghost said:
Also beat a mage player hiding in my world by luck, made him reatreat and he fell ^.^

Lol, that happened to us this morning. It never a gets old to watch, you know they're cursing as they plummet to their moronic doom.

I was way better at pvp in demon like noone had fire def so a reg +5 fire sword was preaty beast. This game =s lots of ways for elemental def lighting seems to me like the beast element.

But yes I dont think it would get old watching anyone who invades fall to their doom mwahahaha!!. If only i could invite you to my game and you were able to drop 7mill souls for me that would be bad ass lol.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
So I finally installed this on my PC. I don't know how long I'd be digging into this, but so far so good. Made a warrior, but something tells me I should look at other options more closely.

Took a few more tries then I'd like to get the Sanctuary Guardians Tail. I keep trying to help someone beat Artorias but instead am getting summoned On Artorias' steps to take Kalameet's tail.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
So I finally installed this on my PC. I don't know how long I'd be digging into this, but so far so good. Made a warrior, but something tells me I should look at other options more closely.
I hope you have some kind of controller, because I imagine playing this with mouse+keyboard would be pretty painful.

As for your character class, it honestly matters very little—only for the first few hours of the game. Ultimately, you can acquire the traits of any character class. A warrior can use magic/pyro etc.

The more critical choice is which item you take.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
I hope you have some kind of controller, because I imagine playing this with mouse+keyboard would be pretty painful.

As for your character class, it honestly matters very little—only for the first few hours of the game. Ultimately, you can acquire the traits of any character class. A warrior can use magic/pyro etc.

The more critical choice is which item you take.
I'm more of a gamepad friendly than with a keyboard. I don't have an actual pad for PC, but I am using Xpadder to make my PS3 controller compatible in the PC.

I am very surprised to just how identical this game is from Demons Souls. Hell even some of the sound bytes are the same. I haven't gotten far at all, but I plan on playing it as time allows it. And as for items, I guess looking up for lists here and there on the net wouldn't hurt. Looking forward into playing it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up my second playthrough in earnest after we lost Internet here due to Sandy. Tearing through it. Ran through Sen's Fortress without dying once. That place isn't very intimidating once you know where to go... In Anor Londo now, racking up souls and preparing for round 2 of O&S. Hoping for a repeat performance, but I doubt it... I'm still rusty.

Been leveling up the Black Knight armor and my endurance. Can aaaaaalmost wear the full set unencumbered without a Havel's Ring. Not quite there yet though... Also have a Lv 5 Lightning Greatsword that has some pretty nice stats (357/0/0/364). Unfortunately with +15 humanity, Queelag's Firesword does a bit more damage, and is much faster. I'll reserve the greatsword for moments when I'm feeling like Guts :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Breed1Ghost said:
I dont know what to do with thos damn heavy bow users on the ledge in lando makew me very angry getting shot off. But cant play since i have no power
Take them one at a time, or simply focus on the one on the right. As you get closer, you can roll past the arrows as they come. And once you get close enough to the guy on the right, he'll draw his sword. You can do two things here. Try to take him out legitimately on this terrible footing, or run back the way you came, and there's a strong chance that he'll fall to his death. Bonfire is right around the corner to the right.

PS: Man, Ornstein & Smough really aren't fucking around in New Game+...

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Breed1Ghost said:
I dont know what to do with thos damn heavy bow users on the ledge in lando makew me very angry getting shot off. But cant play since i have no power

Got poison arrows? :slan:

The Anor Londo archers are a pain. I always just run up untill I'm on the ledge, go directly towards the right one and try to roll through his arrows. If he draws his sword I try to parry him, knocks him of most of the time. If you are right at him, the left archer can't hit you anymore.

Tried Artorias with my lvl 6 for the last hour. I hit him for 87 dmg with a strong attack, and my concentration just won't hold up for the duration. One mistake and I have to heal, which means he will likely hit me while drinking so I have to heal again. Got him to about 50% on my best try...

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Gaahl said:
The Anor Londo archers are a pain. I always just run up untill I'm on the ledge, go directly towards the right one and try to roll through his arrows. If he draws his sword I try to parry him, knocks him of most of the time. If you are right at him, the left archer can't hit you anymore.

Tried Artorias with my lvl 6 for the last hour. I hit him for 87 dmg with a strong attack, and my concentration just won't hold up for the duration. One mistake and I have to heal, which means he will likely hit me while drinking so I have to heal again. Got him to about 50% on my best try...

Are you using resin at all? It might up your damage just enough to be bearable. Or maybe an elemental weapon since at that level scaling means shit.

Dar Klink said:
Are you using resin at all? It might up your damage just enough to be bearable. Or maybe an elemental weapon since at that level scaling means shit.

I cant seem to get to them i have poison arrows and the stuff that makes weapon in right hand poisend havent had to much luck also have no power yet to try again waiting tillni get power while staying at my in laws house.

My main weapon is the lightninig spear as of when i found it think i made it lvl 2

Top Bottom