Dark Souls

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Souls II: Prepare to Casual Trailer :ganishka: Big laughs in the beginning, but it doesn't last...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvKXOUHxJZc

(some minor spoilers for those who haven't played DS)

Walter said:
Dark Souls II: Prepare to Casual Trailer :ganishka: Big laughs in the beginning, but it doesn't last...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvKXOUHxJZc

(some minor spoilers for those who haven't played DS)

Yeah, I have the same feeling, not sure if it was because I was drunk or because it was actually funny... Tbf, the build up to ornstein and smough was pretty hyped and tbh was a bit weak, so that bit had me tears. :ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I really like this game, but when I start making any real progress I get a god damned Invader coming into my game and fucking things up. The first time an invader came into my game I had just died fighting the Terrace Demon, so not only did I die a second time I lost all my shit from the previous death. :mozgus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I really like this game, but when I start making any real progress I get a god damned Invader coming into my game and fucking things up. The first time an invader came into my game I had just died fighting the Terrace Demon, so not only did I die a second time I lost all my shit from the previous death. :mozgus:
Stop reversing hollow. Stay undead.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheBranded1 said:
Started the DLC over the weekend, I"m at the Chasm of the Abyss section. The Boss beat me, but I"ll give it another try on the weekend.
How'd you fare against Artorias?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
How'd you fare against Artorias?
He beat me around around 10 times. I almost beat him the second time but someone got on the way . That time he had only powered up once , he wasn't that strong yet. When I beat him he powered up 4 times but was slower. I don't have any if the weapons you can make with souls of the bosses, so I took all my armor and dodged most of the time, and hit him while he did that one arm thrust .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Are there any real benefits to reversing the hollow aside from lighting bonfires?
Sure, you get to summon guys like Solaire to aid you in big boss encounters. Other than that, I think I read once that there are some stat-related bonuses, but after doing a quick Google search, I couldn't verify that.

I played 99% of my game hollowed, and had an enjoyable experience. The few times I would kindle a bonfire as human and then trek out on a quest, some asshole would invade, and I would get ganked by Wrath of God. Fuuuuun :schierke:

I finally bought this game two days ago, so far so good. I beat the Asylum Demon without dying, I thought I would have died at least 3 times before that. I did however get my ass handed to me by a bunch of Spinal (Killer Instinct) looking skeletons. I wasn't expecting the giant skeleton at the Firelink Shrine though, I hauled ass back to the bonfire. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an image gallery featuring every screenshot I took throughout both of my playthroughs of the game. Some spoilers of course: http://imgur.com/a/5ffpq#0

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Here's an image gallery featuring every screenshot I took throughout both of my playthroughs of the game. Some spoilers of course: http://imgur.com/a/5ffpq#0
A lot of really good shots!

I just killed the Bell Tower Gargoyles and rang the bell. Currently getting fucked up by everything in the downtown part of the Undead Burg.

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Walter said:
Sure, you get to summon guys like Solaire to aid you in big boss encounters. Other than that, I think I read once that there are some stat-related bonuses, but after doing a quick Google search, I couldn't verify that.

I played 99% of my game hollowed, and had an enjoyable experience. The few times I would kindle a bonfire as human and then trek out on a quest, some asshole would invade, and I would get ganked by Wrath of God. Fuuuuun :schierke:

He can also get invaded by certain NPC which upon death drops certain armor sets and weapon like Maneater Mildred, Paladin Leeroy and Kirk, Knight of Thorns.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Infinte said:
He can also get invaded by certain NPC which upon death drops certain armor sets and weapon like Maneater Mildred, Paladin Leeroy and Kirk, Knight of Thorns.
Sure, those guys are reaaaaally easy to take down though.

Walter said:
Sure, those guys are reaaaaally easy to take down though.

The chick who asks you for the 2nd DLC Boss' soul is the only NPC character that I thought was really hard and dangerous (Shes not an invader either)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Gaping Dragon. :schierke:
The key here is pattern recognition. Keep a safe distance as many of his attacks will lock onto you and you need time to dodge his massive body. Then run in and attack when he's completed a movement. I'd recommend switching to two handed quickly before striking for these moments for maximum damage. Rinse and repeat. One of the easier Bosses really. He just looks intimidating.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
The key here is pattern recognition. Keep a safe distance as many of his attacks will lock onto you and you need time to dodge his massive body. Then run in and attack when he's completed a movement. I'd recommend switching to two handed quickly before striking for these moments for maximum damage. Rinse and repeat. One of the easier Bosses really. He just looks intimidating.

Yeah not a tough boss once you get use to those patterns. I am really loving this game a lot, it's what a modern Castlevania games should have been.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Yeah not a tough boss once you get use to those patterns. I am really loving this game a lot, it's what a modern Castlevania games should have been.

Wow, I 100% agree with this statement. I had never thought about this before but I certainly agree.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheBranded1 said:
Did you cut the tail for the weapon?
C'mon... He doesn't have to get it all in the first pass, ya know. That's the sort of thing y ou learn over time, and the fact that the tail drop for gaping dragon is an end-game weapon implies that it's meant for people on their second run. Not people using a guide. Anyway that weapon is only good for end-game strength-based melee.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
C'mon... He doesn't have to get it all in the first pass, ya know. That's the sort of thing y ou learn over time, and the fact that the tail drop for gaping dragon is an end-game weapon implies that it's meant for people on their second run. Not people using a guide. Anyway that weapon is only good for end-game strength-based melee.

yeah, I was unfair to Bob about it. I have been playing with regular weapons on my 3 playthroughs, but this time I decided to make Artorias greatsword. I'm liking it.

Top Bottom