Signed to a record label in Japan || Album releasing nationwide this November!

:guts: :serpico: :griffnotevil: :casca: :slan: :ubik: UPDATE 11/29/11: ALBUMS AVAILABLE NOW :guts: :serpico: :griffnotevil: :casca: :slan: :ubik:

Hey folks.

Most of you know me as that one crazy & obsessed Berserk collector that has no life outside from his precious little Berserk statues and kits!!! Well, that's a pretty accurate description actually! =P But, there IS something else that I have an immense passion for: music. I've been writing and producing music since I was a pubescent kid. Over the years, I've put out a number of CDs, but it wasn't til 2011, when my friend and I (we are known as Magnetic North) collaborated with fellow New Yorker, Taiyo Na, signed to a major hip hop label in Japan! Crazy sheeeeyittt!

Well, after working on this album for several years, we are releasing "Home:Word" in Japan and domestically this November. The Japanese album will be in stores nationwide on the 23rd, but for those that live in Japan, you can already purchase the album on iTunes!

Home:Word [Japan Edition]

So far, in just under 1 week of being released on iTunes, our album has already hit number 3 on the iTunes hip hop charts!!! Pretty surreal. Additionally, several months ago (back in April), one of our singles hit number 2 for a week on the iTunes hip hop charts as well. I don't know what the future has in store, but my bandmates and I can only hope for the best. It would be an absolute DREAM to tour in Japan. Like honest to God Hand, A DREAM! We are humbled by the support so far!

So, for any SK'ers that live in Japan, if you like what you hear, please spread our music as much as you can. Whether it's through iTunes or Amazon or Tower, please let your friends know!

For all non-Japanese residents, of course, we will be releasing the album here too, on the 29th.

Home:Word [Deluxe Edition]
Available on CD and on iTunes

And for some quick links to check out our work:
Home:Word Album Press Release
Lyric Video of our song "Fukushima"
Music Video for our song "Summertime" (this one is kinda old now)
*We will be releasing a new music video for our song "Home:Word" by the end of the month. I can't wait for this one to be done!

And finally our other pages:
http://www.magnetichiphop.com
http://www.facebook.com/magneticnorth
http://www.youtube.com/user/homewordsound

Thanks for reading (and listening!)

PS Try to guess which one is me. :casca:

Congratulations, DK!! Hope all these years of hard work will pay off handsomely, and your album goes at least platinum++ in Japan and makes you stinking rich :ubik:

DirectDK said:
PS Try to guess which one is me. :casca:

You're Derek, the male half of the group, right? :troll:

PS: Just out of curiosity, if your Japanese label does get you to tour Japan in the very near future to promote your new album, you will use this opportunity to go see the upcoming Berserk movie, right? :azan:

Super awesome stuff and congrats on being at the top of the charts! Can't wait for the 29th!!

DirectDK said:
It would be an absolute DREAM to tour in Japan. Like honest to God Hand, A DREAM!
Imagine wishing that with an AOW Crimson Behelit necklace and you feel it move :void: ... it'll happen man, soon it'll happen! Good luck.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really glad to hear the album's getting released at last! Congratulations, and I really wish you and the guys to be met with success on that one. :guts:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Very nice Sir! The music sounds pretty good and is well done, and the texts are thought out and well written. The flow is smooth and a little old school too, I love it. I think that's what hip-hop is supposed to be about. I'm a musician myself, and I'm glad that this forum is filled with such talented artists. You deserve no less than great success, so follow your dream! :griffnotevil:

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
I always get psyched when I hear about people being able to pursue some sort of travel through music. Tour is definitely an experience all its own, I wish you the best!

OMG FOLKS. Thank you so much for all the support and kind words =). I was out of town the past week so I wasn't able to update, but it looks like some trusty friends, Incantation and Turkitage, helped me out on that front. Thanks guys =).

SO! Our Japanese album debuted at #3 in the Hip Hop Charts! #3!!! Here are some pics that the record label sent us of in-store displays. First one I'm not sure which Tower Records that is, but the 2nd and 3rd are Shinjyuku and Yokohama.

hw_japantower_debut.jpg
hw_japantower_shinjyuku.jpg
hw_japantower_yokohama.jpg

IncantatioN said:
It's out today and can be ordered at the link below - http://homewordsound.bandcamp.com/album/home-word-deluxe-edition

And as Incantation already said, THE ALBUM IS AVAILABLE NOW. Feel free to check it out ^ ^.

Turkitage said:
Sick. Bought! Listening! :badbone:

Wow, thank you so much Turkitage!!! YOU DA MAN =)))

Señor Caudillo said:
PS: Just out of curiosity, if your Japanese label does get you to tour Japan in the very near future to promote your new album, you will use this opportunity to go see the upcoming Berserk movie, right? :azan:

THAT, and to go to WONDER FEST!!!

THANKS ALL FOR READING!

DirectDK said:
SO! Our Japanese album debuted at #3 in the Hip Hop Charts! #3!!! Here are some pics that the record label sent us of in-store displays.
That's AWESOME! Congrats maan!

EDIT: Got my package, that was quick. Was shipped from 2 blocks away from my office :isidro:

I think that building is right next to or in the line of Bennie Thai, I pick up lunch from there 2 times a week at least! My office is on Beekman, right across from Pace University/ Downtown Hospital.

Took off my sweater, tie and voila ... sleepless nights + unshaven look = phail but the tee makes me look cool.

20111201_1513351-1.jpg

American Eagle?! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

IncantatioN said:
Took off my sweater, tie and voila ... sleepless nights + unshaven look = phail but the tee makes me look cool.

YEEEEAHHHH BOYEEEE! LOOKS GOOD. That color looks good on ya buddy =). Thanks for that pic. Imma send that to Taiyo and Theresa, haha.

And T-Vu lives next to that Texas BBQ place, on Fulton, do you know which one?

Thanks!! :farnese:

YES, I think I know which place ... it's like 2/3 apartment buildings away from where I picked up lunch today too hehe. There's Texas BBQ, Bennie Thai, Tandoor Palace all in one line. I frequent Bennie Thai for their lunch specials ($6.50). On William about 2 mins from there there's a Korean place too that's pretty good and Chipotle, Red Mango (know the owners), newly opened Hale & Hearty soups ... damn, me and my food talk X'D

IncantatioN said:
Thanks!! :farnese:

YES, I think I know which place ... it's like 2/3 apartment buildings away from where I picked up lunch today too hehe. There's Texas BBQ, Bennie Thai, Tandoor Palace all in one line. I frequent Bennie Thai for their lunch specials ($6.50). On William about 2 mins from there there's a Korean place too that's pretty good and Chipotle, Red Mango (know the owners), newly opened Hale & Hearty soups ... damn, me and my food talk X'D

LOLLOL yes that's it! I was at that Chipotle last night actually, picking up international orders from Theresa to mail out today, haha. I also like the Five Guys there =)

Haha YEAAAH, love it even more now cos BK opened next to it which reduced the lines at 5 Guys ... so I get my 5 Guys orders a lot quicker :carcus:! My Filipino pal loves Popeye's a little further up on Fulton. The Korean place SOMA is sexy for it's Kimchi stuff and Bibimbaps, their spicy pork over rice slays and oh, chicken curry over rice is just $5.95! There's a cart guy on Anne street that's like the 3rd / 4th best cart guy according to me cos it's not just chicken over rice, it's got gravy and this Jamaican guy makes it slammin' (from Texas BBQ, take a right at Chipotle, walk a block, take a left and you'll smell the food half a block away). There's a Vietnamese place right across from there, I urged them to stay open beyond 4 PM and now they're open till 9 PM I think, coincidence!

Sorry for the thread derail guys ^_^.

My favorite tracks are New Love, I'm Here, Cold and Postcards ... Postcards on repeat ... it's too soon to decide ... the lyrics hit me hard for Postcards and a few other songs, good stuff.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Congratulations on hitting #3 on the iTunes hip-hop chart, Derek! I'm going to download it this Monday when I get my paycheck.

Top Bottom