New around here.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Hello all members of SK.net

I'm a decent nice, and gentle guy joining here simply because Berserk is my favorite piece of fiction ever created. I also have lurked a little before joining to get a sense of the community and it seems quite appealing to me. :iva:

A little bit about me...Well, Im a young Canadian male, with hopes to become an author and illustrator, so through out most of my years, I have practiced writing and drawing. I also enjoy video games, (mostly fighters, but Im open to all genres), music, philosophy, all sorts of things.

I look forward to getting to know some of you better, and be part of this community.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Welcome to SKNET! No better place for berserk-anything. You should post some of your art in the creation station, would like to see your work.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Aphasia said:
Welcome to SKNET! No better place for berserk-anything. You should post some of your art in the creation station, would like to see your work.

Turkitage said:
Hihi, welcome.

Agreed with Aphasia, would be nice to see your art work!

Hey thank you :serpico: Hmm, alright, funny thing as an Artist I dont own a scanner currently ,(had one but it busted), so I can put some art up I suppose, but it will be just camera quality. :farnese:

IncantatioN said:
Yo, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay ^_^. What kind of fighting games are you into?

Thank you, I mostly play Street Fighter, but I do enjoy Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (to an extent), and Tekken though to be fair, Im terrible at Tekken.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Hey I understand that this is a pretty old thread but I figured it'd be better for me to post here than to needlessly create a new one.

I never got out of Berserk but seeing as how I got into it when I was around 14, I got really occupied and busy with life shortly after joining here so my account hasn't been active for a couple years, Im honestly surprised my account wasn't deleted by the admins or something. 7 years later (approx), I still love Berserk (I guess thats self evident) and I figured I'd come back to the forum since the newest Berserk episodes have really peaked my interest.

Anyways I've technically been here for a while but I guess you could say that Im a new member :) Looking forward to posting more and exchanging words with fellow Berserk fans, with episode 354 out gods know how much I need to passionately ramble about how excited I am for the future of Berserk.
Casca waking up and looking back to normal has made me so happy, its truly hard to put into words

Sygorian

Is free will a thing though?
Lord Leith said:
Anyways I've technically been here for a while but I guess you could say that Im a new member :) Looking forward to posting more and exchanging words with fellow Berserk fans, with episode 354 out gods know how much I need to passionately ramble about how excited I am for the future of Berserk.

Hey man, long time since I've been active too, definitely want and will try to be in the future, especially with so many possible discussions around the billion story threads the series is layered with right now !

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Sygorian said:
Hey man, long time since I've been active too, definitely want and will try to be in the future, especially with so many possible discussions around the billion story threads the series is layered with right now !

Welcome back to the forum! :guts: Agreed, Berserk's story has always been amazing but with Ep 354, I simply can't wait for what the future holds. I'd dare say now is the best time to become a Berserk fan or return to it (besides getting into it once its finished years from now).

Sygorian

Definitely, and that's exactly what I've been perpetually trying to convince my friends of, only a handful of which are up to date unfortunately. The good ol' "stuff is seriously going down next chapter, you totally have a whole month to catch up" :ganishka:

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Without a doubt! I think thats a large factor in what makes this so exciting, not only have we gotten Casca back but we have an episode next month to look forward to, hopefully it'll continue focusing on Casca and not diverge back to whatever Rickert is doing or something haha :ganishka:

Edit: Oh I figure I should tell you this (Walter or someone else inevitably will if I don't) but a small correction, immediate releases in Berserk are called episodes while chapters refer to Arcs ala the Golden Age, Black Swordsman, etc, its a common mistake though so no worries :)

Sygorian

My belief and hope is that based on the pace thus far it will not split the narrative over to Rickert, but we'll see, it could go a different direction altogether, setting the ground for Casca's "meeting" of the new gang!

Lord Leith said:
immediate releases in Berserk are called episodes while chapters refer to Arcs ala the Golden Age, Black Swordsman, etc

I'm aware, but force of habit :magni:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lord Leith said:
Edit: Oh I figure I should tell you this (Walter or someone else inevitably will if I don't) but a small correction, immediate releases in Berserk are called episodes while chapters refer to Arcs ala the Golden Age, Black Swordsman, etc, its a common mistake though so no worries :)

Actually chapters and arcs are different things. :slan:
We're currently in the Fantasia arc, and the chapter of the Elf Island.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
So if I understand this correctly, episodes are the immediate releases, collections of episodes comprise a chapter and collections of chapters comprise an arc, right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lord Leith said:
So if I understand this correctly, episodes are the immediate releases, collections of episodes comprise a chapter and collections of chapters comprise an arc, right?

Yep. In short form: Episodes < Chapters < Arcs.

Episodes are the ~20 pg sequences serialized in Young Animal magazine. A Chapter contains several episodes ("Chapter of Lost Children," (23 eps) "Chapter of the Binding Chain," (8 eps) "Chapter of the Birth Festival" (51 eps). Finally, an Arc encompasses several Chapters, and marks a definite period, or story arc in the manga.

Here's the full list of everything: http://www.skullknight.net/manga

Sygorian

Mr Walter and Aaz :O What an honour !

But yea I'm perfectly aware don't take my street cred away XD My friends that don't even read manga won't get any of those distinctions so chapters work ;)

Top Bottom