Future animated Berserk: what would you like included (or excluded)?

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
If there is any future anime based on Berserk - whether its a second series, an OVA, or even a once off movie - in terms of its contents what would you like to see included from the manga story? What scenes would you like to see animated? Is there anything in the manga that you think shouldn't be include in any future anime?

Sorry about the hypothetical, but I'm interest to know what fellow fans want to see, and what you think would make any future anime successful, or at least good in the eyes of the fans - as from what I can gather quite afew people are against any more Berserk anime on the fear that they might mess it up (other reasons?). As far as I'm concerned I'd love to see some more Dragon Slayer induced carnage in motion, as apposed to the "sample", or what I'd almost call a teaser in the first episode of the anime.

Anyways, I'm off to go through the manga, or what I've got of it... again... to think about what I'd want included so hopefully I'll be able to post an answer with abit more depth than just the eye-candy of Guts slicing things up.

I've also post this at the Nightfall Berserk forum, and I'm not entirely sure what the overlap between members for here and there are, so I hope I'm not doubling up so to speak.

All replies appreciated ;D.

snailcount
skullknight
-I think these scenes would be more like flashbacks since the first series doesn't show them.
lucine(fairy) - incorporates into why gattsu gets captured
rebirth - end with battle on hill of swords

wylde would be great but don't think its possible after first series.

P

psymont

namayias said:
rebirth - end with battle on hill of swords

oh yes, absolutely ....

they should include a conclusion though .... 2 cliff hangers in a row would be a bit upsetting .... what i wouldnt give for a series 2

Nabeshin

Herald of God Hand
It'd probably be best to make a movie based on Lost Children, since it's a self-contained saga that doesn't depend much on outside storylines for its meaning. That and it has some of the most interesting and fun characters in the series (I did it! I nailed the black swordsman!). They'd have to explain a bit about Puck and give some background on Guts, but they wouldn't have to explain anything about Griffith or Casca or the Skull Knight. The HICKs might be a problem, but they could just edit them out and have Zepec go to the valley with a group of villagers. The ending could also be a problem, and they would probably wrap it up showing Guts's struggle with the Beast and continue the cliffhanger tradition started by the TV series.

Top Bottom