Scabbards and Gods

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to post here and let you all know that myself and a few other friends have been putting out a comic titled "Scabbards and Gods". You can view the site here.

A little over two years ago, my friend Daniel Littlefield and I decided to start writing a comic (we hate our jobs and, honestly, just want to write for a living). I figured, hey, why not? So far, the process has been extremely slow but, more than anything, extremely enjoyable.

In April of 2010, we finally got an artist who would stand by his product: David Nguyen. He wasn't shady, so that was a plus. It was a difficult process finding an artist who would stick around and try to adapt their style to what we wanted to present to fans. It took him a while, but he eventually got the hang of drawing for comics. So far, so good! We're still having a great time working with each other, so that's always a plus.

The story itself involves a variation of characters. The group they're in is what we call a "Fallen Corps". The lead character is named Corbin Miller, and his counterparts are Sang, and Bayle. They're introduced in the first issue (I wrote it about two years ago, and it was finally completed earlier this year). They face off against a worthy foe by the name of Tigrus Banipal.

The issue actually got review by Ain't it Cool, so that was a pretty cool moment for us (despite it being a review of an incomplete issue). We've attended a few conventions, and even sponsored a few events just to get our names out there. We're working on issue two as we speak (putting out one page a week). It's difficult to put out any more than that since we all have full time jobs and have little to no funding.

Oh, we also have an artist on staff who does the drawings for all of our short stories. His name is Daniel Dussault and he actually has a graphic novel in publication. I haven't personally met the guy, but his work so far has been more than amazing.

Anywho, I'd really appreciate it if all (even one) of you would take a look at it. My dream is to someday not have to be a desk jockey, but instead be a professional writer. The series itself is just taking off and we're pretty amature, but we're all evolving and trying our best to tell good stories for all to read.

Once again, you can view the website here. Be sure to check out the short story "Brothers" if you can (I wrote it=).

Thanks everyone!
-John

UPDATE - Chapter 2 recently concluded, so be sure to check it out!

Top Bottom