Will you be voting this year?

I'm in one of the "states that matter" so voted early yesterday. Voting is always fairly painful for me, but I got through it just fine this time. =)

I live in Ohio and, after months of being innundated with political adds, I'm pretty much disgusted with the entire process.

I actually had an issue with my voter registration not going through in time, so I won't be voting. I was livid at first but, seeing as I couldn't really vote for Obama or Romney and feel good about myself for doing it, I suppose the pressure's off now..?

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I live in Chicago, so...3 guesses as to whom my state's electoral votes will go to. :slan:
Anyway I'll be voting on Tuesday, especially to vote for my House representative. I'm trying to get as many people as possible to understand how important it is to vote for the Senate and House seats that are up for election. I'm calling it now that the presidential election will be nearly a landslide. (At least in terms of the electoral college. Popular vote will be closer....which depresses me.)

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I've decided that neither candidate represents me enough to warrant my voting for them.

I'll be voting for the other stuff, though.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
CNN is calling a victory for the President

tnm4t.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQj3LIH-DqM#t=56s

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I like that some are still refusing to concede Obama's victory here, much the same way they probably refuse to concede many other facts of life that don't fit their viewpoint (a great example were the idiots whining about Romney winning the popular vote before the West coast was counted, wait and see for goodness sake). It's like a social experiment in denial and dissonance; in this case there's going to be a definitive answer one can't dispute and no alternative belief they can cling to. Oh, who am I kidding? Look forward to conspiracy theories, alternative electorologists, and non sequitur Bush/Gore 2000 references for justification. Better bring in the Elect 209 to lay down the law.

obama209.jpg

Update: Nice speech by Obama of course, rousing and all (turned it up to 11 at the end), but we've heard it before so let's see what happens. Unlike last time when the opposition was genuinely magnanimous about the first black President, it looks like everybody is already showing their willingness to act like a shithead for the next four years.

Did Obama reveal anything in his speech when it comes to what he has up his sleeve for the next four years? I wanted to catch the speech, but it was cutting into my workout time so I had to miss it (priorities, people!). It was extremely ballsy of him to go for Obamacare during his first term, running the chance of not being reelected, so I'm really hoping he does something even bigger now that he doesn't have to worry about a another term. I bet the Republicans are flop sweating over that too... ("If he didn't hold back the first time, what's he going to do this time?!")

Griffith

Skeleton the Fairy Queen said:
Did Obama reveal anything in his speech when it comes to what he has up his sleeve for the next four years?

Not at all, it was a speech appealing to the emotion and sentiment of the moment, a return to the hopey changey we can all work together exciting vibe of 2008 candidate Obama. Don't know if it was totally appropriate given the state of the things, but it was a welcome return from the serious, boring, and beleaguered President Obama.

Skeleton the Fairy Queen said:
It was extremely ballsy of him to go for Obamacare during his first term, running the chance of not being reelected, so I'm really hoping he does something even bigger now that he doesn't have to worry about a another term. I bet the Republicans are flop sweating over that too... ("If he didn't hold back the first time, what's he going to do this time?!")

Well, "didn't hold back" is a relative assessment. Obamacare itself is a far cry from what he intended, and he certainly did play it safe after that for re-election. Hey, maybe he'll try doing some of the other big things he promised the first time around, that'd be ballsy. Snark aside, wouldn't surprise me now that he has nothing to lose (I mean, that was sort of the underlying promise, "next time..."). Anyway, as it was then, best thing to do would be focus on the economy. Fix that, or simply ride the wave of recovery, and your legacy is made. Don't and... well, better pass some other big important symbolic legislation and let people debate it. =)

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Pretty nice night for progressives on a state level. I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty smug that when my pothead "anarchist" friends tell me voting is a waste of time, I can now point to Colorado and Washington. I have my doubts that Obama's administration will deal with it any differently now that it's his second term, but still.... Seeing states vote in favor of gay marriage and recreational marijuana feels really good.

Griffith

Saephon said:
Pretty nice night for progressives on a state level. I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty smug that when my pothead "anarchist" friends tell me voting is a waste of time, I can now point to Colorado and Washington. I have my doubts that Obama's administration will deal with it any differently now that it's his second term, but still.... Seeing states vote in favor of gay marriage and recreational marijuana feels really good.

Yeah, until Obama sends the feds in to bust their asses. :ganishka:

Anyway, I get more schadenfreude from watching the other side angrily writhe in humiliating failure after all their bullshit is finally called. The more sore, prideful and self-righteous as their party continues its spiral into pathetic self-satirizing irrelevancy, the better. :beast: In other words, at times like this you want the Fox News feed, not msnbc. :griffnotevil:

MrWeatherby said:
http://i.imgur.com/2HToE.gif

BTW, he looks really familiar there...

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2012/09/23/23_esposito.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyway, I get more schadenfreude from watching the other side angrily writhe in humiliating failure after all their bullshit is finally called. The more sore, prideful and self-righteous as their party continues its spiral into pathetic self-satirizing irrelevancy, the better. beast In other words, at times like this you want the Fox News feed, not msnbc. Griff isn't evil!

Yea, it certainly doesn't just feel like a victory for democrats, but also complete failure for Republicans. The whole distasteful campaign from the conservative right and the tea party has been rejected and hopefully it will go through enough changes over the next four years that it will come out looking like something that hardly resembles the old.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Griffith said:
at times like this you want the Fox News feed, not msnbc. :griffnotevil:

That's all I did last night and it was amazing, if only to watch Karl Rove whine about how Latinos should love republicans because they share the same work ethic while b-roll of a dykish looking woman dancing with high heels on her hands plays directly to his left.

Top Bottom